Just a quick story.

I'm coming off a very successful golf year in 2003. I reduced my handicap to single digits and I'm hittng darts with my irons.

This year. started slow. But something wasn't right. I can stripe some of my irons and some are not working. Violent duck hooks. Weaks fades. Just not comfortable. I wrote it off to spring rust. I'm in week 5 now of hitting balls and it's still not right. I'm shooting like a 11-12 handicap. GIR?? I'm scrabling on every hole.

So for a week. I'm trying everything. Can't find the answer. As I'm about the throw my ball striking in the garbage. I decide to have the lie angles checked.

BAAAMMMM.

6 iron 1 degree to upright. 3 other clubs are 2 degrees too upright. The rest are perfect. I get them fixed. Go to the range. 10 balls to work out the bad timing develoed trying to compensate for the bad lie angles. WOW. I even put my 3 iron back in the bag. I know there was a debate about this subject and I wanted to point out the importance of getting your lie angles. checked. as it turns out. I was doing everything correct and the clubs were literally throwing the ball left.

He's the second part. and a question to all the club makers. Is it possible that lie angles can change over time? It's been about 18 months. Is this something I should check every year?

Thanks,
Andru