100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I can't imagine anyone saying Tiger lost it and yang didn't win it. That shot on 18 was awesome. How bad do you guys feel for paddy right now??? That was so painful to watch. I kinda a felt a little sick to my stomache for him. Poor guy
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    thanks guys

I was out celebrating my first hole in one ever (at the hospital, check my other thread). I tuned in for Yangs eagle and was glued to the TV. My heart was going a mile a minute. I was so scared tiger was gonna drop a miracle shot to screw me but he didn't. I hope this brought a little extra to the major for everyone who were at home watching. Can't wait to do it again next year.

I can PM all the fellow bettors my address and you can just contact me via depe150@hotmail.com to set up a time. I am home all night tonight

I got some golf balls to return at golftown as well as I was expecting to have everyone sending me their addresses and I was going to go out right after the major to pay up.
    Depe, I told you it isn't over until the final putt on the 72nd hole. And Yang's final putt meant it was ALL OVER !

I think you should send me a dozen Pro V's for standing by you
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    YANG YANG YANG

SILLYWILLY SILLYWILLY SILLYWILLY

What I am afraid of is the media will say Tiger lost this Major, Yang did not win it.
    Well...Tiger shot 75. I would say that he DID lose it. Tiger shooting over par in the final round of a major, in the final group no less, is definitely an abberation.

Now if Yang had shot 66 or 67, that would be a different story.

At the end of the day, however, who gives a flying you-know-what what the media says???

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    For those who still suffer under the misapprehension that you can't stick a ball hit with a hybrid, Yang's shot should enlighten them.
    Was thinking the same thing mIke, I love the hybirds I have and they stick all the time. Makes it way easier for us distant challeged golfers.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Great tournament.
    See Silly, keep believing and you may even beat me one day!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Well...Tiger shot 75. I would say that he DID lose it. Tiger shooting over par in the final round of a major, in the final group no less, is definitely an abberation.

Now if Yang had shot 66 or 67, that would be a different story.

At the end of the day, however, who gives a flying you-know-what what the media says???

So Yang's score of -2 in the final round of a Major, for his first Major win was not a good score?

Sorry but your statement is exactly what I was talking about. How Tiger lost it and Yang did not really win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Great tournament.
    See Silly, keep believing and you may even beat me one day!
    I think I need to get you off manderly to have a shot... you even know what time the beer cart girl comes around
    willy

So Yang's score of -2 in the final round of a Major, for his first Major win was not a good score?

Sorry but your statement is exactly what I was talking about. How Tiger lost it and Yang did not really win it.

I never said Yang didn't play well. Of course he did. However, would you have been surprised if you knew that Tiger would shoot over par? Of course you would.

I never said Yang didn't play well. Of course he did. However, would you have been surprised if you knew that Tiger would shoot over par? Of course you would.

No, actually I would not have been surprised if Woods shot the score he did today. Why?

His round yesterday was flat. He let some of the others back in the game. His putting was off yesterday. His putting was off today as well. So no, it was not a surprise to me.

As much as everyone says he is "The Greatest Golfer to play the game" he isn't. He is the greatest golfer of his era, that I will admit.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW !!! A WIN FOR THE AGES Well almost Well deserved win. Never thought it would happen in the last 4 holes---but as Rick says "it aint over till the fat lady sings " or the 72nd hole has been played

Damm Willy; how long is it going to take you to loose all those balls ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    WOW !!! A WIN FOR THE AGES Well almost Well deserved win. Never thought it would happen in the last 4 holes---but as Rick says "it aint over till the fat lady sings " or the 72nd hole has been played

Damm Willy; how long is it going to take you to loose all those balls ?

oh man, the way I'm playing these days... it won't take long :S
    willy

7 Wood Fade is on a distinguished road Fade's Avatar
    agreed. Yang didn't shoot 75 to lose the tourney. Yang's eagle on the short par 4 is what really won it for him, but the birdie on 18 was a nice bonus to REALLY put a stamp on it. in the end, Yang didn't eek out a 1 stroke win, he won by THREE!!!

after starting the day down by 2 to the best closer in history.

DAMN STRAIGHT YANG WON IT!!!

DAMN STRAIGHT SILLY WILLY HAS A LOT OF NEW GOLF BALLS!!!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Well done Silly

and Well done Yang

Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    Well done Silly

and Well done Yang
    in that order LOL
    willy

No, actually I would not have been surprised if Woods shot the score he did today. Why?

His round yesterday was flat. He let some of the others back in the game. His putting was off yesterday. His putting was off today as well. So no, it was not a surprise to me.

As much as everyone says he is "The Greatest Golfer to play the game" he isn't. He is the greatest golfer of his era, that I will admit.

I agree about yesterday's round. It was definitely atypical and very blase. In the past, we have seen Tiger stomp his foot down on everyone else's throats. However, today was Tiger's second-highest final round score in a major. How much did you win betting that Tiger didn't win, by the way?

As for "avoiding the media", how about giving Yang the stage all to himself? Also, I watched his entire post-round press conference and he was very accomodating. Not like some who quit, take their ball, and go home (hello John Daly).

[that was a response to a comment in another thread, but I'll leave it here. I got confused (surprise).]

When Tiger wins his 19th major, then he can be called the Greatest. Until then, Jack can keep his title. I'm not sure anyone can dispute that.

I agree about yesterday's round. It was definitely atypical and very blase. In the past, we have seen Tiger stomp his foot down on everyone else's throats. However, today was Tiger's second-highest final round score in a major. How much did you win betting that Tiger didn't win, by the way?

As for "avoiding the media", how about giving Yang the stage all to himself? Also, I watched his entire post-round press conference and he was very accomodating. Not like some who quit, take their ball, and go home (hello John Daly).

When Tiger wins his 19th major, then he can be called the Greatest. Until then, Jack can keep his title. I'm not sure anyone can dispute that.
    Actually I did not win a dime betting against Woods. I do not bet on golf.

However during the car ride to the course this morning I did say I thought Woods could be had today by either Yang or Harrington.

I am pretty sure the last time John Daly won an event he talked to the media.

Yang will now be the biggest male athlete in South Korea. Imagine the endorsements he is going to wrack up now!

The Grand Slam Event later this year will now be a fun event to watch.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    WOW !!! A WIN FOR THE AGES
    No, actually a win for the Asians.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    I predicted that SW will win it all. Tiger's invincibility that he can't be beaten when he is leading after 54 rounds in a major is just a hype or myth perpetuated by the media.

On the eve of the final round today I predicted that Tiger will have his tail Yang from behind. This was based on my recollection that he came second at the 2006 HSBC Champions tournament won by Yang. It was a great buzz and talk among golfing buddies in the Far East when I was over there.

I predicted it because it would take somebody like Yang to bust Tiger's invincibilty. Prediction made hours before all the articles started articulating about Yang and his victory over Tiger previously. I had

So SW, the stars in the constellation line up all right for you. Congrats to you for acing a hole today. Some guys have all the luck.

I know you will still remain an insufferable wretch.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Good day for silliwilli, an ace, didn't have to buy any drinks in the clubhouse, won a bet and now he is at home playing with his balls...

this wont change me
    willy

this wont change me
    so you always play with your balls?

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Relax

Congrats SW!
    Man...what a bet!
    As for all the Tiger haters out there... I'm not upset.. He has tons of majors left to compete in his career. Remember he has 70 wins as a 33 year old.
    Jack had 70 wins when he was 40.
    Also, Tiger just played in this 3rd straight week, something he hasn't done in many years.
    Anyways, chill out on Tiger, and Congats to Yang and Silly Willy!
    Bite, Bite!

Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    so you always play with your balls?
    Gonna sit in the basement and draw lines on all my balls
    willy

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I feel like puking
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

does that help you score and get IT in the hole?

Gonna sit in the basement and draw lines on all my balls

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    You might win it all (including double or nothing). Question is will you remain 'a model of consistency'?
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    SW, You remain true to form.
    To quote mpare 'you are a model of consistency'.

I will go out on a limb* and PREDICT that Tiger will not win.
    He will be gazumped by his tee-off partner who incidentally beat him at the 2006 HSBC Champions Tounament (by 2 strokes).

* I'm rooting for you to win the bets. Its not to say you can't afford to pay the bets, its that the others can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    Congrats SW!
    Man...what a bet!
    As for all the Tiger haters out there... I'm not upset.. He has tons of majors left to compete in his career. Remember he has 70 wins as a 33 year old.
    Jack had 70 wins when he was 40.
    Also, Tiger just played in this 3rd straight week, something he hasn't done in many years.
    Anyways, chill out on Tiger, and Congats to Yang and Silly Willy!
    What separates all great golfing champions are their uncanny ability to make great clutch putts. Tiger have one of his off days. BTW Tiger lost to Yang previously because of Yang's great putting.

BTW I'm not a Tiger hater.

lobwedge
    ginker
    john
    Paulio
    Chamboki

I've gotten golf balls from everyone except the above mentioned people. Chamboki has made contact and set up a time. Lets go people
    willy

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Don't get your panties in a bunch buddy boy you will get your balls. I've been am away and am gone again tomorrow after work so i'll hook up with you next week if that's allright. Come on you know you can trust me of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch buddy boy you will get your balls. I've been am away and am gone again tomorrow after work so i'll hook up with you next week if that's allright. Come on you know you can trust me of all people.
    seeing as I knew you when you were 13 and the you used to pull on shetland way... i can't trust you and I want my balls LOL
    willy

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Yang took a big chance with that shot. It may not have been the smartest choice with a one shot lead but it worked out for him. It was over when he landed it.

Thread Information