100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie Kakarot is on a distinguished road

Irons - need help deciding

So I have a burner plus combo iron set. 3&4 Hybrid with stiff shafts, 5-pw irons. I am a high handicapper. However, a recent trip to golf town has shown my swing speed to be slower then I assumed, he suggested regular flex.

I also have a brand new set of burner irons 4-A wedge.... the price was to good to pass up.

So, I assume the top irons are better suited to my swing or lack of.... but then I have the 2 stiff shafts on the hybrid....

Should I sell both sets and buy a new one (recommendations) or just sell the 2 hybrids and replace them (costly way)?

To make things worse, I bought a new driver with a regular shaft... and my swing being what it is.... the end result was the same or worse, lol... so I am not sure what to believe anymore. Any info appreciated! thx
    [EMAIL="darrow.andrews@gmail.com"]darrow.andrews@gmail.com[/EMAIL] to reach me on the fly, yes I am from Winnipeg, yes my heatware and ebay feedback is 185-0.

Lob Wedge fez is on a distinguished road
    Go get your self properly fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, otherwise you can keep buying new clubs on a regular basis and never feel satisfied with what you have. You would never buy a suit without being measured, why would you buy golf equipment without being measured. That's my 2 cents worth!

Pitching Wedge duhast is on a distinguished road
    theres way too many inconsistencies with the golf town simulators to be able to give any accurate information at all, dont trust the numbers put up on that thing.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    Go get your self properly fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, otherwise you can keep buying new clubs on a regular basis and never feel satisfied with what you have. You would never buy a suit without being measured, why would you buy golf equipment without being measured. That's my 2 cents worth!
    Actually your advice is not worth 2 cents. It is worth $2000-4000 because people who stumble around buying this and that and never find clubs that fit them properly.

Swing speed, now that is the must over averaged part of guys golf games. "My swing speed is 115 MPH" Sure it is. Get on a vector machine that is setup properly and you might be shocked.

"I need stiff shafts, I swing at 110 MPH"

I was working at the store last year when a male customer came in to buy a driver. First thing he told me is he needed a new driver with a steel shaft. Well we all know that is going to happen.

So I taped up stiff and regular flex drivers. The customer goes out to the range and hit both. Guess what? The R Flex driver was the one he bought. So he went from "Needing" a stiff steel shaft to purchasing a regular flex graphite.

The least you should do is hit any club you want to buy, outside. Not into a simulator. As I have said before, you do not play golf inside into a simulator. You need to see the entire ball flight outside.

Find a CPGA Pro and get fit. Do yourself a favour and save yourself some money.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information