CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Night golf at Casselview, Friday night Aug 21

A Friend of mine is organizing a night golf game event at Casselview on Friday night Aug 21 (rain or dark). 9 holes will be lit for sure and depending on the number of interested golfers, they may light all 18.

The cost is $40, the yardage markers for 200, 150, 100, as well as greens and pins are lit by LED markers for you to see in the dark. The hazards are also marked with orange markers to avoid. You start with 2 glow stick golf balls and can buy more if needed (they float). Also included is a meal served at midnight to 1am.

If you are interested, let me know and I will pass on the number of golfers to him and then post additional information here as when to meet at the course to sign in and register that night.

I need to get him some numbers by Tuesday the 18th to order enough food for that night. Let me know so I can list interested golfers.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there.

p.s. Bring a flashlight so you don't walk into a bunker.

Interested golfers:
    - Happy Gilmore
    - 3putt + 3 guests
    Last edited by Happy Gilmore; 08-17-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: added list of interested golfers
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    NOW that sounds like it could be fun---what do we do with night animals ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Are you kidding this would be awesome!!! Have always wanted to golf in the dark, seem to golf better that way lol!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

7 Iron owenb is on a distinguished road owenb's Avatar
    We have played the night golf the last couple of years at our course..it is a blast and levels out the playing field. Due to the balls not flying as far, holes distances are halved with temp tee boxes. Take part if you can..you will not soon forget it!

9 Iron mcateer73 is on a distinguished road mcateer73's Avatar

Night Golf

I am interested and can likely round up three more to make a foursome.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    what do we do with night animals ?
    As far as I know, since they have run this a few times there have been no animals. The course tries to keep large critters off it to keep it from being chewed up and destroyed. If you run into any legitimate night animals, probably best to leave them alone. If it is your friends who are the night animals, then the next round of drinks should be on them.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Quote Originally Posted by mcateer73 View Post
    I am interested and can likely round up three more to make a foursome.
    Let me know when you are sure and I will add you to the list for the food order.
    Thanks,
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by owenb View Post
    Due to the balls not flying as far, holes distances are halved with temp tee boxes.
    You are correct that the balls don't fly as far, about 1 club less I am told. I don't beleive that the holes are halved at this event, but I will look into it and post a response if they are.

Thanks,
    Happy

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    You are correct that the balls don't fly as far, about 1 club less I am told. I don't beleive that the holes are halved at this event, but I will look into it and post a response if they are.

Thanks,
    I played in CNIB event last night at the Canadian and it was a lot of fun. It is much more difficult than I expected. I figure that it's probably a 2 club difference with the glow ball. Putting is by far the most difficult thing because you can't see the break at all. Hitting pitches is very difficult too because your depth perception is about as close to zero as you can get!

It's definitely worth doing if you get the chance.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    If you've never played night golf, give it a try. It's a hoot. There is one problem, though, for the owners of the course. It's almost impossible to replace your divots, since you can't find them. The next morning, the fairways look like Podunk Pastures.

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    When is the cut-off for this? Myself and my buddy are interested but we won't know for sure if we can make it till early next week.

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    "I need to get him some numbers by Tuesday the 18th to order enough food for that night. Let me know so I can list interested golfers."
    oops, I'll be able to let you know by then.

Second Last Call

Hello all,

This is a bump and a second last call for interested golfers for the night golf event at Casselview GC.

I need to get some golfer numbers for the buffet food order.

Let's hope the forecast for Friday keeps looking better everyday.

I will post another note when I get the registration times for those who want to just show up.

Cheers
    Happy

7 Iron owenb is on a distinguished road owenb's Avatar
    May want to read up on the balls. They recommend not hitting driver as you can break the glow-in-the-dark solution...of course when we saw it someone had to try...the result? A glow in the dark driver for a day and a stream in the grass most the flight of the ball (it didn't got too far after being smashed). When we played, we went with about 4 clubs...7wood, 7 iron, a wedge and putter...made it lots of fun for all and room for the drinks.

Casselview Night Golf Aug 21

Here is the information I was just given.

Show up at the course at about 8pm to register and pay and get your balls. They will go over some rules about course etiquette and making sure the people in the dark ahead of you are clear before you hit. Then we walk out to our starting holes and tee off.

If you are interested in trying this, you are welcome to show up at the course at that time and they will fit you in somewhere. The heads up I was looking for was for the food order, showing up at registration time allows them to adjust for the additional golfers.

Hope to see you there.
    Happy

Weather looks good

The weather looks good for this night.
    If you still want to come, registration is at 8pm.

See you there.
    Cheers
    Happy

Night golf

This night golf was a blast.
    Alot more fun than I thought it would be. Hard to read putts, hard to judge distance, balls are about 1.5 top 2 clubs shorter. Oh, and it's hard to spray bug spray on your hands in the dark, the nozzle just might be pointed at your eyes.
    In the dark, your eyes are wide open to get all the light it can. Mine eyes were wide open when I went to spray on my hands to rub on my neck, I couldn't feel which way the nozzle was pointed.
    Let me just say, Bug spray in the eyes really really stings.... for a long time too, really.
    This picture is after 2 days. Yesterday it looked like I took a golf ball in the eye.

There is another one coming up September 18(ish) as a fund raiser for United Way. I will apply the bug spray ample light that night, for sure.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Happy Gilmore; 08-24-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    Happy

Lob Wedge core1 is on a distinguished road
    Ouch, it kind of resembles a bad case of pink eye.
    Do you have the details for Sept 18th? (location, etc)

Thread Information