100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Fleury? Really???

When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Bouche
    is he not like 80?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    is he not like 80?
    Easy fella, he's 41. So you're half right.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Bouche
    lol I just read that....I definately thought he was 45+. I guess thats not too bad but he will need to get his suspension taken care of before anything happens. That would be incredible if he were to come back. I was young when he was in his prime so I dont remember much of him but it would be nice to get the chance

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I think the smartest thing in this situation would be for the NHL to simply deny his application for re-instatement. Better for everyone, as he will simply not be able to play at the NHL level. Deny him re-entry, and save everyone a lot of time, effort, and embarassment. There are way too many athletes hanging on too long these days. Chelios, Lemieux, Favre. I know it's their choice, but I'd much rather players do what Sakic did...retire before you're over the hill and become fodder for 24 hrs sports media. Better to burn out than to fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    lol I just read that....I definately thought he was 45+. I guess thats not too bad but he will need to get his suspension taken care of before anything happens. That would be incredible if he were to come back. I was young when he was in his prime so I dont remember much of him but it would be nice to get the chance
    If it wasn't for the alcohol he'd be in the HOF for sure. He was a little guy playing a big man's game in the old "clutch and grab" NHL, and he was afraid of nobody.

Thread Information