100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar

Aeroplan members: play Eagle Creek for free

See this link to the new Aeroplan rewards including a free round of golf at Eagle Creek:

https://rewards.aeroplan.com/TPF/Par...A2C786326A2F0D

You can also do a sort on Golf to find more golf rewards...

Enjoy

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter
    See this link to the new Aeroplan rewards including a free round of golf at Eagle Creek:

Enjoy
    Sorry LBH, that's not much of a bargain. 12000 points is half of a return fare anywhere in Canada or the continental U.S. That's a pretty expensive round in my book.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Sorry LBH, that's not much of a bargain. 12000 points is half of a return fare anywhere in Canada or the continental U.S. That's a pretty expensive round in my book.
    You're right!! that's a terrible deal. Just for reference. minus all of the bonuses it would take 12,000 dollars in purchases to play one round at eagle creek. I bet if you walked into eagle creek and spent $1500 on a set of clubs you could get a free round.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Just for reference. minus all of the bonuses it would take 12,000 dollars in purchases to play one round at eagle creek.
    Ah, yes, but all these bonuses assume you'd spend $12 000 on things you need anyway. I know business credit cards go through that amount quite frequenly.

Lob Wedge S2H2Lover is on a distinguished road

Special Offer

If you pay me $150 to hang around you for 4 hours (definitely a MUST-HAVE), I'll take you out to Eagle Creek for free.

I'll wave the $150 if you're a beautiful, 27 year old woman who shoots in the 70s

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H2Lover
    If you pay me $150 to hang around you for 4 hours (definitely a MUST-HAVE), I'll take you out to Eagle Creek for free.

I'll wave the $150 if you're a beautiful, 27 year old woman who shoots in the 70s
    lol...

So you would still charge a beautiful 27 year old woman who shoots in the 90s...you are picky, sir.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Hey I never said this was a good deal. I just said it was free. I know many people that have business credit cards and they have so many Aeroplan miles, they don't know what to do with them. If only they could give them to me....

Big_duck
    You're right!! that's a terrible deal. Just for reference. minus all of the bonuses it would take 12,000 dollars in purchases to play one round at eagle creek. I bet if you walked into eagle creek and spent $1500 on a set of clubs you could get a free round.

Actually, it's Aeroplan not Air Miles so it would be 12000 miles travelled on Air Canada (et al) combined with any purchases if you have an Aeroplan connected Credit Card.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Actually, it's Aeroplan not Air Miles so it would be 12000 miles travelled on Air Canada (et al) combined with any purchases if you have an Aeroplan connected Credit Card.
    I know the difference. Airmiles is actually. 1 mile for every 20 dollars roughly. Depends on the plan. Aeroplan has several ways of accumulating points. One for which is as stated the one connected to the card. This is 1 mile per dollar spent. Bonuses and travel miles subtracted. I was merely pointing out the fact that. a return of 75 on 12000 is not a good deal. in any scenerio. It should be somewhere around 7500.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter

Enjoy
    For one thing, it is less aggravating than going through the US Customs these days. Between a connecting flight though Pearson and a game of golf at Eagle Creek, the choice is easy.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Big_duck
    I know the difference. Airmiles is actually. 1 mile for every 20 dollars roughly. Depends on the plan. Aeroplan has several ways of accumulating points. One for which is as stated the one connected to the card. This is 1 mile per dollar spent. Bonuses and travel miles subtracted. I was merely pointing out the fact that. a return of 75 on 12000 is not a good deal. in any scenerio. It should be somewhere around 7500.
    Understood, just wanted to clarify for some who didn't know the difference. And you are right, 12000 is way to high, would have to fly to Hawaii and back just for a free round!!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Understood, just wanted to clarify for some who didn't know the difference. And you are right, 12000 is way to high, would have to fly to Hawaii and back just for a free round!!
    HAHA so true.

Thread Information