CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar

Leclaire vs Elliot

As a change to the usual Heatley discussions, and in the wake of the Sens rewarding Elliot with a 2 year contract (800K, 900K), any thoughts on the goalie situation .........is Leclaire a long-term solution or just a temporary bandaid while Elliot earns more experience.....

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    A combination, I think. Having Leclaire will definitely take the pressure off of Elliot and allow him to learn the ropes. At the same time, Leclaire has the potential to be a top tier goalie if he can stay healthy, and could be the starter for a long time. All in all, it's a pretty good situation between the pipes.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Elliot has to get his rebound control going, it was one of his worst faults last year.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Elliot has to get his rebound control going, it was one of his worst faults last year.
    "Rebound control"... reading that gave me flashbacks to Pierre McGuire-isms. Ugh.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    if he can control his rebounds then he'll become a monster

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarinas View Post
    if he can control his rebounds then he'll become a monster
    I reckon he should concentrate on having an "active stick" and "big body presence"...

Sand Wedge sens13 is on a distinguished road sens13's Avatar
    leclaire rules hopefully he can be a good long term guy...but i think elliott will be a decent goalie in the future...i love the goalie from finland that they just drafted in the 2nd round though i think he has a good future in ottawa

GO SENS GO
    SHUT THE...

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    You mean Robin Lehner in the 2nd round? He's actually from Sweden and has allot of talent. He received the "hardest worker" award at the Sens development camp which says allot for a goaltender.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I just hope the Sens goaltender coach can actually teach that skill, ELiott was good but there were so many chances he gave up because the puck was flying off his pads, he must have looked up to Gerber.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Baxter
    I must state that I have a large interest in Pascal Leclaire do well in Ottawa for business reasons...That being said...I think if he plays at 80% and if the Team is as good as they were in the last 25 games..He just might be the answer Ottawa has needed in nets since the Team started in the early 90's. He has to stay injury free and if he does and I know it's a Large "IF" than Ottawa should be in real good shape heading into the playoff's regardless of Heatly...Who I hope comes back and plays in Ottawa. I really like Dany and hope it all works out for him to stay in Ottawa. He does like the city and the fans and there is a problem in the room that just maybe to hard to move past..but it's nothing against the Fans.
    If he did come out and speak a little about the fans and the city it may help some of the "Fan Damage" that has been done over the last little while...
    But if he must be moved...just remember what he has done for this Team and the fun it has been watching him score goals and help bring Your team to the Finals....I remember watching the City going "Cup Crazy" it was a lot of fun...

Cheers,

Dave

Thread Information