CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Season

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Some huge lines on the early proline. Giants are -16.5 and we don't know if Manning will play. Philly is -14.5 against Tampa, with Philly coming off their bye week.

Right now I love Buffalo -6.5 against Cleveland.
    should we just have a proline thread?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    It's been thought of, but I believe not exactly a welcome thread on a golf, non-gambling site. = ) My old business used to give picks out for both fantasy and proline. Sigh, those were the days.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

there are not many good games this week. too many mismatches and large spreads.

thanks to steelers not covering the spread, and patriots losing; 2 of my proline tickets crashed and burned.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    god the bills are bad

I'll never back the Bills again. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    god the bills are bad
    If butters had a football team, it would be the Bills.

"Aw, it's all gooey".

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Like I have said before, the Bills should have went for Vick. Edwards is awful... Losman who started some game last year is in the UFL... not surprise that the Browns beat them...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Like I have said before, the Bills should have went for Vick. Edwards is awful... Losman who started some game last year is in the UFL... not surprise that the Browns beat them...
    Well, I have to disagree about Edwards. The guy has an arm, and decent legs, and is pretty smart with the ball. He does have to stop his habit of being "Check-down Trent" if they're ever going to do anything on offense. Most young guys have the opposite problem - they don't take care of the ball, throw it into tight spots, get picked off a lot. Someone needs to tell Edwards that he's got to be more aggressive, and with the team 1-4, he can let his arm go.

Right now he's suffering from the fact he's standing behind the absolute worst offensive line in the league. I think if you drop in a real offensive line it would make a huuuuuuuuuuge difference. There is absolutely no pocket to speak of when he drops back to pass.

It also doesn't help things that their play calling is so insanely predictable, and that their two throwing options are either a screen, or a 40 yard bomb.

Jets are in shock. wildcat claims another victim.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    There should be a mercy rule in football. The Pats ran over Tennessee. 35 points in the 2nd quarter, and 59 to nothing. Ugh. Even as a Pat's fan, I was embarrassed for them. That said, I don't fault the Patriots for scoring often. The offence's job is to do just that. Would that the Titans have had a bit more intestinal fortitude.
    Last edited by mpare; 10-18-2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Vikings with another victory. Wow. These guys are for real, and Brett Favre is showing all of us that he can still play.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Vikings with another victory. Wow. These guys are for real, and Brett Favre is showing all of us that he can still play.
    Favre is definitely for real, until the games start to matter.

Oh, and the Jets /Bills game was great. I got to see overrated Sanchez throw 5 or 6 picks. he is garbage!!!

There should be a mercy rule in football. The Pats ran over Tennessee. 35 points in the 2nd quarter, and 59 to nothing. Ugh. Even as a Pat's fan, I was embarrassed for them. That said, I don't fault the Patriots for scoring often. The offence's job is to do just that. Would that the Titans had should a bit more intestinal fortitude.
    Tennesse has a ton of injuries, so we now know that they dont have capable backups. both starting cornerbacks today were rookies. imagine that, a couple of rookies guarding Randy Moss and Wes Welker. i'm sure if Brady had played the entire game he would have put 100 pts on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    That said, I don't fault the Patriots for scoring often. The offence's job is to do just that.
    i can't stand those people who think running up the score is poor sportsmanship. sports is about destroying the competition. If Tom Brady wanted to set a record for TD's in one game, why should he have to apologize about it; or be called a poor sport? there's no reason for N.E. to apologize about anything. They could have scored 200 pts and left Brady in the game the entire time and I would say that's great. People pay to see a show, not to see Tom Brady's backup hand the ball off to a running back so that they dont hurt the other team's feelings.

/end of that rant

A win is a win, but their D looked awful in the final quarter, giving up scoring driver after scoring drive- if it wasn't for a young kicker, they would have lost that game.

How bout them bills?

ok, so i know they still suck. But 6 picks is pretty good, espesially when you're missing every single one of your week one starting DBs. Only 2 or 3 false starts by the o-line, which is a MASSIVE improvement, and will be a key to any future success.

I have to say, i liked what I saw from Fitzgerald. A few errant passes...lucky that a couple weren't picked off...but he was aggressive. That TD pass to Evans was just a simple slant, but on that exact same play, i guarantee Trent Edwards would have dumped it off to Jackson who was wide open in the flat. Fitzgerald saw the man downfield and made the right play. Yes, it will result in a few more risky passes, but it will also result in a lot fewer failed 3rd down conversions - Jauron will have an interesting decision to make if Edwards is cleared to play next week.

How bout them bills?

ok, so i know they still suck. But 6 picks is pretty good, espesially when you're missing every single one of your week one starting DBs. Only 2 or 3 false starts by the o-line, which is a MASSIVE improvement, and will be a key to any future success.

I have to say, i liked what I saw from Fitzgerald. A few errant passes...lucky that a couple weren't picked off...but he was aggressive. That TD pass to Evans was just a simple slant, but on that exact same play, i guarantee Trent Edwards would have dumped it off to Jackson who was wide open in the flat. Fitzgerald saw the man downfield and made the right play. Yes, it will result in a few more risky passes, but it will also result in a lot fewer failed 3rd down conversions - Jauron will have an interesting decision to make if Edwards is cleared to play next week.
    i dont see how you could find any positives in that game. both the Bills and Jets should have got a loss.

He's played very well through the first 6 games. I prefer to judge Favre on what he's doing this season, and not on what he might do. The former is factually based, the latter is too speculative for me.

Favre is definitely for real, until the games start to matter.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    A win is a win, but their D looked awful in the final quarter, giving up scoring driver after scoring drive- if it wasn't for a young kicker, they would have lost that game.
    That young kicker was claim off waiver from the Vikings last year by Baltimore...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

i dont see how you could find any positives in that game. both the Bills and Jets should have got a loss.

Well, it's quite simple. Buffalo has a very bad habit of losing games they should win. Today, they won a game they should have lost. That is a positive.

Minnesota seems to have some luck involved this year, they could make a serious run. BUT, New Orleans is the class of the NFC, and the New Orleans - Atlanta games should be awesome!!!!!

I'm sitting at 9/11 on proline, with Pittsburgh and Philly letting me down. Have San Diego to cover tonight's game for 10/12 and $100.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I'm sitting at 9/11 on proline, with Pittsburgh and Philly letting me down. Have San Diego to cover tonight's game for 10/12 and $100.
    wow. good luck to you! by halftime of the 1 oclock games i knew my ticket was dead.

He's played very well through the first 6 games. I prefer to judge Favre on what he's doing this season, and not on what he might do. The former is factually based, the latter is too speculative for me.
    you said VIkings are for real. that's too speculative for me as well. In the NFC alone, the Giants, Saints, and Falcons are better teams than the Vikes.

All their wins against 'good' teams were at home. Now they go on the road. If they beat Pitt in Pitt next week, they are for real. But we all know they wont.

The Giants didn't look like the class of anything yesterday.

I trust you know this with more certainty than the generally held belief that the Bills would lose to the Jets!

... But we all know they wont.

I trust you know this with more certainty than the generally held belief that the Bills would lose to the Jets!
    how about an avatar bet for all you Favre fans this week? If Steelers win, you have to put a Ben Rothlisburger avatar for a week. If the Vikes win, I'll put a Favre in wrangler jeans avatar for a week.

I wouldn't take that bet, because I believe that the Steelers will win the game. They are such a dominant team on both offence and defence that beating them at home would take a Herculean effort. While I believe that the Vikings are good, I never said that they were the best.

how about an avatar bet for all you Favre fans this week? If Steelers win, you have to put a Ben Rothlisburger avatar for a week. If the Vikes win, I'll put a Favre in wrangler jeans avatar for a week.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Just had Drew Bledsoe walk by me at a conference
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information