100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Season

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    best qb of all time? i think peyton manning is the best regular season qb of all time. but he's not even in the converstaion as far as playoff qb's go. he's been mediocre in the playoffs. he tries too hard and chokes. it's funny that in 2006 he had his worst playoff numbers and they won the superbowl! 3 TD's, 7 ints, qb rating of 70; yet they win all 4 games.

greatest qb of all time has to be a guy who doesn't put his defense in a bad situation by throwin int's and bad field position. with that as my criteria, the best qb of all time is Trent Dilfer.
    Don't forget Brad Johnson.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Congratulations. You just topped my list of dumbest things I've ever read or heard about pro football.

best qb of all time? i think peyton manning is the best regular season qb of all time. but he's not even in the converstaion as far as playoff qb's go. he's been mediocre in the playoffs. he tries too hard and chokes. it's funny that in 2006 he had his worst playoff numbers and they won the superbowl! 3 TD's, 7 ints, qb rating of 70; yet they win all 4 games.

greatest qb of all time has to be a guy who doesn't put his defense in a bad situation by throwin int's and bad field position. with that as my criteria, the best qb of all time is Trent Dilfer.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Congratulations. You just topped my list of dumbest things I've ever read or heard about pro football.
    LMAO!! Although, picking the greatest QB is a very subjective thing. There are so many that have come before that should also be considered, like Aikman, Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, etc.

I would argue though that quarterback is the toughest position in pro sports to play well consistently, and possibly the toughest position period.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    dilfer > marino !
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    One ticket left... I'm on ARI over stl this week and DEN over wash next week. If i win, its gonna be alteast $1000 but depending on how many people get knocked out... it could be more
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

I'm a little livid right now, only game I have wrong week 16 is Tampa beating New Orleans. Gosh darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been saying the Saints were overrated for a month now. They have too many injuries and bigger holes on defense than the levee system. They are One and Done!

As for the Colts giving up in the 3rd quarter, that was difficult to watch. I didn't agree with it, but i admire the fact that coach Caldwell doesn't care about records and undefeated seasons. he made it clear to his team that his #1 priority is the health of their best players so they can win the superbowl. Good for him to stick with that conviction even though 90% of people will disagree with him. Jets got a 'gimme' win.

Ravens are a mentally challenged football team. They have the physical skill to beat anyone but there is no neural activity going on in those helmets. Man, those guys are DUMB!

ari wins... sillywilly has one week left until he gets $$$$

Next weeks play, DEN over wash!!

70 tickets left, 100k on the line. min prize for me if DEN wins is $1428 but I'm sure someone will get knocked out next week as well. $1500 would make me happy.
    willy

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Good luck, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    ari wins... sillywilly has one week left until he gets $$$$

Next weeks play, DEN over wash!!

70 tickets left, 100k on the line. min prize for me if DEN wins is $1428 but I'm sure someone will get knocked out next week as well. $1500 would make me happy.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Well, now that the Vikings have come back to earth, the Cowboys actually have a chance to get a first round bye!!!

Lots of things obviously have to go the Cowboys way, but a win against the Eagles (no guarantee there) coupled with the Vikings and Cardinals losing would mean that Dallas would be the #2 seed.

I'll simply take the playoff berth and run...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...om&16=15105505

Dallas vs Philly could be a first round matchup as well. I think one of these teams is going to the superbowl. They're peaking at the right time.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I'm a little livid right now, only game I have wrong week 16 is Tampa beating New Orleans. Gosh darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    freaking Bucs knocked me out of my suicide pool.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    freaking Bucs knocked me out of my suicide pool.
    You better pick the panthers next week because i dont think Drew will make the flight to Carolina next week.

You better pick the panthers next week because i dont think Drew will make the flight to Carolina next week.
    he is already knocked out of his suicide pool

thanks for the good luck wishes mike

Can someone explain this to me. Is NE resting all its players or something? HOU is fav over NE by 8 points. That line makes no sense!!! NE and CIN are still fighting for the 3rd seed. NE can clinch it with a win next week and if that were to happen, CIN would have nothing to play for. IF NE loses CIN can win their game to leap frog NE for the 3rd seed.. but then CIN would play BAL instead of playing the JETS (if CIN loses that game on purpose)

what if NE loses to try to get the jets... and CIN decides, "lets win this game so we don't have to play IND after we beat bal in the wildcard(who we already beat twice).. let NE have the jets.. the can play INDY next while we play SD. Also, what if NE loses, we win and then we both win our wildcard games, and then we both upset IND and SD... then we will host NE instead of the other way aroud."

or what if NE says "wait, if we lose the HOU and CIN beats the jets, if we meet in the conf. final, we are gonna play in CIN!... be beater beat hou"

I'm a bit unclear on what NE and CIN will try to do here.
    willy

HOU is fav over NE by 8 points. That line makes no sense!!!
    i agree it makes no sense because NE will go for the W and the #3 seed. then again, NE's road record is 2-5 this year.

what if NE loses to try to get the jets... and CIN decides, "lets win this game so we don't have to play IND after we beat bal in the wildcard(who we already beat twice).. let NE have the jets.. the can play INDY next while we play SD. Also, what if NE loses, we win and then we both win our wildcard games, and then we both upset IND and SD... then we will host NE instead of the other way aroud."

or what if NE says "wait, if we lose the HOU and CIN beats the jets, if we meet in the conf. final, we are gonna play in CIN!... be beater beat hou"

I'm a bit unclear on what NE and CIN will try to do here.
    NE plays at 1pm and CIN plays at 8pm. The only thing these two teams care about is the #3 seed. If NE wins then CIN will put their 3rd string players for the Jets game. If NE loses, CIN will put their starters for the entire game. Neither coach, imo, is going to instruct their team to lose out on the #3 seed so they can matchup better against a 9-7 wildcard team.

the lines seem to disagree with you, JETS are -10 fav over CIN. i don't get this. NE needs the win for sure. if they lose then CIN will need the win. These lines only make sense if vegas already knows both teams are gonna sit the starters
    willy

How about Tampa -1 against Atlanta. Bet of the week right there, all in on Atlanta.

NE +5 1st half locked in!!
    willy

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    What's the incentive for the Pats to get the 3 or 4 seed? They don't know what wildcard team they're going to get so there's no point in playing for the 3 seed to get a more favourable match up. Further, whoever plays Cincy is as likely to win that game as Cincy. Anyone going to pick the Bengals over the Steelers? How about over the Ravens? Maybe the Jets or Texans, but they're both still an iffy game for Cincy. So if NE is likely going to play San Diego in the 2nd round whether they're the 3 or 4, what's the incentive to play for the win? Might as well rest Brady and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    What's the incentive for the Pats to get the 3 or 4 seed? They don't know what wildcard team they're going to get so there's no point in playing for the 3 seed to get a more favourable match up. Further, whoever plays Cincy is as likely to win that game as Cincy. Anyone going to pick the Bengals over the Steelers? How about over the Ravens? Maybe the Jets or Texans, but they're both still an iffy game for Cincy. So if NE is likely going to play San Diego in the 2nd round whether they're the 3 or 4, what's the incentive to play for the win? Might as well rest Brady and the others.
    what if NE faces CIN in the AFC title game? #3 has home field.

i personally would rest my starters if i was either NE or CIN because it would knock out the Steelers lol.

Local attorney asking for money back for upset colts Fans

lol, what a baby
    willy

Dumbest sports story of the year, these Colts fans.

I have no way of knowing what decisions have been made with respect to NE's game plan this weekend. I can't imagine, though, that they would not try to win. Losing can become habit forming. The last thing you want to do is go into the playoffs with thoughts of losing, even if the last loss may have been self-induced. But, as I have said, I don't know how the game will be managed.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

NE went for the Win, but came up short.
    Welker hurt his knee. Not good for pat fans.

I couldn't see the game where we're staying so thanks for the information on Welker. If they went for the win, why wasn't Brady in at the end of the game?

NE went for the Win, but came up short.
    Welker hurt his knee. Not good for pat fans.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Brady started. then Hoyer came in. Brady played most of the 2nd half but Hoyer played during the last drive.

Houston should had beat teh Patriots by 14+... missed field goals, X-tra point, turnover, etc...

The Patriots didn't really care.

Now it will be the Patriots vs Ravens... could be interesting.

Looks like the Bengals vs the Jets

In the NFC, it is a repeat of today.

Eagles at Dallas.
    Packers at Arizona.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I couldn't see the game where we're staying so thanks for the information on Welker. If they went for the win, why wasn't Brady in at the end of the game?
    i didn't watch the entire game as i was watching the steelers game more. i saw Brady start the game, leave the game for a quarter or two, then come back in to try to get the win. i was shocked that Belicheck would risk Brady to injury after watching Welker get hurt. looks to me like BB really wanted that 3rd seed. and it looks like they will get it anyway because the Jets are spanking the Bengals right now.

next weekend is going to have 3 rematches! Phi vs Dal, GB vs Ari, Jets vs CIN. that is plain weird!

Chambokl, personal jinx

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Who is jinxed, the 1st poster or the 2nd one... or both.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information