CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Season

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

2009 NFL Season

To cover the whole season, so I don't start about 40 different threads. If you don't like the NFL, then avoid posting and wasting time.

I'm gonna start by saying that Crabtree's agent is on drugs or something. Holding out for top 5 money because you FEEL you should have been a top 5 pick?????

And I'm also gonna say that if you are in a fantasy draft this year, do not waste a first round pick on Brady. Too much of a risk for such a valuable asset. Pick him in the 2nd round only!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    And I say the lions win a couple this year! maybe even 6!

What do you think of what Favre did to the Vikes?

He didn't do anything to the Vikes. The Vikes did it to themselves. They weren't counting on him, they hoped he could come but knew the chances were 50/50. He still might play, but he won't be starting the season. They signed Sage to compete with Jackson, but I also hear that John David Booty (spelling?) is looking very good! I think Vick would be perfect in Minny, put him with AP and Percy Harvin, jeez louise it's a match-up nightmare!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The Bills will make the playoffs despite an inexperienced O-line.

The Bills need a real back-up QB. I'm sorry, but knowing that your starting QB is a tad delicate, you need someone who can manage the team (and T.O.) during the inevitable injury. I like Edwards, liked him at Stanford (if I remember correctly), but he's not durable.

And jonf, that's a hell of a tough division. No doormats at all this year.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    The Bills need a real back-up QB. I'm sorry, but knowing that your starting QB is a tad delicate, you need someone who can manage the team (and T.O.) during the inevitable injury. I like Edwards, liked him at Stanford (if I remember correctly), but he's not durable.
    I know Stanford was awful during Edwards' tenure there, but you'd have to be a freaking prophet to love a guy who was 1-17 as a starter. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that stat, but that's what I remember.)

The Bills need a lot of things. Like, to not blow a 5-1 start. Or, to not give up a devastating last second comeback win to Dallas. Or to not go 7-9 again. But...I must keep the faith. Career year for TO and Evans, and another stellar season from the D and special teams. 8 total TDs for Terrance Mcgee.

When I hear buzz around a QB, I start looking at him. Plus I have a soft spot for the PAC-10.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    What about God's team, the Cowboys?
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    So Donny, what do you think about your bolts this year?

I'm really hoping my Cards can finish what they started last year. It's gonna be tougher, but at least they still have the human highlight reel, Larry Fitzgerald.
    Last edited by LobWedge; 07-29-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    What about God's team, the Cowboys?
    Without TO, I think the offense will be top 5 in the NFL. Roy Williams should be a fantasy stud! As for the running backs, it's a three headed monster, great for the team but bad for the fantasy. Tough division, I think 11-5 wins the division and that's what I believe the cowboys will finish. I want to see that stadium in person!

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    So Donny, what do you think about your bolts this year?

I'm really hoping my Cards can finish what they started last year. It's gonna be tougher, but at least they still have the human highlight reel, Larry Fitzgerald.
    My first love will always be the Falcons, but the Bolts are a close second. They should easily win their division this year. Rivers is awesome, even with that full body jerk of a delivery of his. The defense is back to full strength. I think they'll finish 14-2. Haven't decided on the Super Bowl yet.

Cards won't sneak up on anyone this year. Lock up Boldin, and you'll be fine. Lose Boldin, and the offense will suffer. Breaston is very good, but he's not in the same league as Boldin. I can't remember off hand the name of the rookie wideout they drafted last year, but he could emerge. Cripes what was his name again...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    My first love will always be the Falcons, but the Bolts are a close second. They should easily win their division this year. Rivers is awesome, even with that full body jerk of a delivery of his. The defense is back to full strength. I think they'll finish 14-2. Haven't decided on the Super Bowl yet.

Cards won't sneak up on anyone this year. Lock up Boldin, and you'll be fine. Lose Boldin, and the offense will suffer. Breaston is very good, but he's not in the same league as Boldin. I can't remember off hand the name of the rookie wideout they drafted last year, but he could emerge. Cripes what was his name again...
    Are you talking about Early Doucet from LSU? He doesn't light up the stopwatch by any means, but he's got good hands and good vision in traffic. He'll be a good YAC guy.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    It looks to be essentially a two team race with NE and Pitts leading the way and alot of others vying for playoff spots. Should be an interesting season and as usual will come down to who stays the healthiest.

IMO I think the Cowboys are sunk unless they can run like mad as the receiving corp bites with Williams as their go to guy.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    The Bills will make the playoffs despite an inexperienced O-line.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Can't wait for the season to start!!!
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Donny: do you think Cutler will be the key to my unanswered prayers of the last 26 years? I said all along last year the Bears were playing without a legit QB
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Donny: do you think Cutler will be the key to my unanswered prayers of the last 26 years? I said all along last year the Bears were playing without a legit QB
    just last year?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bears haven't had a solid QB since Sid Luckman (1939-1950)
    Andrew

Baxter
    Being a Cowboys fan since for ever...I would have to disagree with "Cowboy's are sunk with the Receiving Core" Williams will be just fine as the number one...and yes they will also have a decent if not better running game...The question comes to the "D" They have a line 2 Linebackers and 3 D Backs...That is were the trouble lies. They should be able to score with any Team in the League....I'm not sold on Romo as a #1 guy. With TO gone he now will have to 100% of the blame if things don't go well..I wish they could bring Mr.Vick to push Romo and perhaps use as trade bait down the road. Vick should sign for less than what he "WAS" worth but I believe he will end up with the Fish in Fla...
    My list of who could use him as a starter....Miami, Tampa, Seahawks, Vikings, Eagles(The way they treat Donavan) Texans, and I'm sure there is more....

Cheers,
    Dave

Donny I should be to see that stadium in October/ Nov(Plans some times don't work out)
    ...I want Thanksgiving day but the tickets are crazy $$$

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Being a Cowboys fan since for ever...I would have to disagree with "Cowboy's are sunk with the Receiving Core" Williams will be just fine as the number one...and yes they will also have a decent if not better running game...The question comes to the "D" They have a line 2 Linebackers and 3 D Backs...That is were the trouble lies. They should be able to score with any Team in the League....I'm not sold on Romo as a #1 guy. With TO gone he now will have to 100% of the blame if things don't go well..I wish they could bring Mr.Vick to push Romo and perhaps use as trade bait down the road. Vick should sign for less than what he "WAS" worth but I believe he will end up with the Fish in Fla...
    My list of who could use him as a starter....Miami, Tampa, Seahawks, Vikings, Eagles(The way they treat Donavan) Texans, and I'm sure there is more....

Cheers,
    Dave

Donny I should be to see that stadium in October/ Nov(Plans some times don't work out)
    I really think that Dallas is going to sneak up on people this year, and be able to punch teams in the mouth with Marion Barber, and then burn them with outside speed with Felix Jones. Everything went south when Jones got injured last year, IMO. Their O-line is still good. Romo doesn't have to force-feed Owens the ball anymore, and he'll have the benefit of a full training camp to establish some chemistry with Roy Williams. Patrick Crayton is a very average second WR, but he becomes better simply because Jason Witten is such a beast of a pass-catching TE.

On defense, I must confess I'm not sure who they lost, I only know they signed LB Keith Brooking. He had better forget that non-play he made on 4th-and-forever against the Cardinals (biting on the run???), or else he might not last that long. He's a little slow anyway, and not getting any younger.

I can see 11-5 though, just because I believe they won't be the mistake-prone team they've been in the last few years. They are now a running team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Sak, one thing about Cutler, he doesn't inspire. I don't think he makes receivers better, if you know what I mean. He has an awesome arm, can make all the throws, but he doesn't have that 'it' factor. Matt Forte will be the star of your team, but your defense is no where near what they were the past few years. Bears are behind the Vikings and Packers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Are you talking about Early Doucet from LSU? He doesn't light up the stopwatch by any means, but he's got good hands and good vision in traffic. He'll be a good YAC guy.
    Yes, he's the one. All day I've at Sorcier I've been trying to remember his bloody name. Sign Boldin = repeating as division champs (if everyone stays healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post

Cheers,
    Dave

Miami doesn NOT need a starting QB. Chad Henne is going to be a STUD!! And Pennington is the best QB to teach him the ropes. Tampa just drafted their QB of the future and Matt Hasselbeck says he's in the best shape in years (working out with the trainer that worked Brett Favre two years ago when Favre had his best season in a decade). Best fit, in my opinion, is either Denver or Minnesota.

Please post after you see the stadium!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    It looks to be essentially a two team race with NE and Pitts leading the way and alot of others vying for playoff spots. Should be an interesting season and as usual will come down to who stays the healthiest.

IMO I think the Cowboys are sunk unless they can run like mad as the receiving corp bites with Williams as their go to guy.
    How people can feel comfortable putting NE at #1 kills me. Wait and see how Tom is during the preseason at least.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I'm actually putting Pitts at #1 and a healthy NE at #2 as their D is aging. If the Giants can get a receiver they will be dangerous if healthy as well.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Giants need Mario Manningham to shape up. The kid was great at Michigan. Horrible attitude though, as with a lot of the current wideouts. Such a sense of entitlement. Need Rodney Harrisson to slap them around (yes, he's retired).

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Lots of talk about Vick going to the Ravens...

I still feel he might go to New England.

The Patriots should be rank #1 followed by the Steelers.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Anyone interested in starting a suicide pool??? No point spread, just straight up wins and you can't pick a team if you already selected them in a previous week. We play for... Golf balls!!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Lots of talk about Vick going to the Ravens...

I still feel he might go to New England.

The Patriots should be rank #1 followed by the Steelers.
    Defending champs should get #1 considering they have the same essential roster.

The Baltimore/Washington area wouldn't be bad, close to his own so he'd have much more support then anywhere else.

Thread Information