As you know this rumour has been around for 3 years (it seems like it's been around before they even opened).

As you can imagine it gets a little frustrating for all involved at Stonebridge (staff and customers) regarding this persistent rumour. A year or so ago I posted saying that I was informed by Peter Hale, the GM at Stonebridge, that there was no truth to the ClubLink rumour. It would seem that we need to do the same again.

I would appreciate it if people would refrain from posting unconfirmed assumptions. For example, one comment from Stonebridge was as follows...

While I am all for free speech one particular reply from 4JAG borders on yellow or tabloid journalism. He states and I quote, "given the relationship that ClubLink has with Monarch". I would like to know what relationship he is referring to. I've been with Monarch since 1988 (well before ClubLink was started) and there has never been a "relationship"
With respect to the Stonebridge situation; yes ClubLink did inquire in April 2001 if there was any interest from Monarch in selling and were told in no uncertain terms they were not interested. There has been no contact since 2001 and their position has not changed, nor will it change next year when the clubhouse is built.

I wonder how long it will be before this rumour surfaces yet again. My guess would be spring 2005