100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Should Mike Vick be reinstated for this season after 2 years on prison?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 78.00%
  • No

11 22.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vick Poll

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Mike Vick Poll

Should the NFL reinstate Mike Vick for this season?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Yes. As long as he doesn't join my 49ers.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Yeah, if anyone wants him. What he did was terrible, but he's been away for 2 years and that's a big chunk of his career. Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk and only got 8 games, Vick's been out 32.

Bouche
    Ya I would like to see him comeback

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    He spent his time for the crime... if there is an owner that is willing to give him a '2nd chance' then all the power 2 him.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    We are all guilty of cruelty to animals if we eat at KFC, should we all be fired? KFC treats their yummy chickens so badly yet I don't care, as long as they taste good. If we ate dogs like they do in china, this wouldn't even be a story.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I'm speachless. My immediate response is "You can't be serious." Please tell us that you're just being your usual, controversial self.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    We are all guilty of cruelty to animals if we eat at KFC, should we all be fired? KFC treats their yummy chickens so badly yet I don't care, as long as they taste good. If we ate dogs like they do in china, this wouldn't even be a story.

Vick has served his time, so the Commissioner should be allowed to reinstate him. I'm assuming that the league has a set of objective criteria that ought to be considered in making such a decision, and that Vick meets that criteria. The NFL is not an organization populated by saints. To the contrary, it has it's fair share of ne'er-do-wells. It would be disingenuous to treat Michael Vick as a pariah while this other cast of miscreants is embraced by the league.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I have to agree with this statement (though perhaps not with the sentiment behind it).

And yes, Vick should be re-instated. He's done the time, paid his debt to society (which ironically means that society paid hundreds of thousands to prosecute and lock him up), and should be allowed to return to the field.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Did the crime, did the time, move on.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Stupid question......the answer is YES!! The National Felon's League has no right trying to hold itself to a higher standard than the rest of society

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Stupid question......the answer is YES!! The National Felon's League has no right trying to hold itself to a higher standard than the rest of society
    The NFL definitely has the right to enforce further punishment upon Vick. Whatever Roger Goodell does, I support it, because Goodell does what he believes is in the best interest of the NFL. Remember, the NFL is a billion-dollar business and if Goodell feels that further punishment is warranted to protect that business, fine. If not, that's fine too.

However, to imply (not that anyone on this forum has done so, but certainly the sentiment has been expressed elsewhere) that Michael Vick has the right to play in the NFL is absolutely not true. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. You play in the NFL if a team owner wants to pay you to do so.

As far as the "higher standard than the rest of society," remember that there is a nice little box that you have to check on an employment application if you have ever been convicted of a felony. There is no doubt that it is more difficult to obtain employment if you check this box. In Vick's case, he has certain specific talents that may be of interest to NFL teams. If he ends up being shunned by all teams, that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I hate that expression. 98% (approx.) of these players are good decent men who understand the priviledge of being paid to play the game. I bet that's a higher % then in the Canadian federal government.

You're wrong about those who work for the Canadian federal government, of which I know many. Since pursuing this further would take us off topic and into a political discussion, I'll say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I hate that expression. 98% (approx.) of these players are good decent men who understand the priviledge of being paid to play the game. I bet that's a higher % then in the Canadian federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    You're wrong about those who work for the Canadian federal government, of which I know many. Since pursuing this further would take us off topic and into a political discussion, I'll say no more.
    I've been a fed for 13 years now. My point was that in any occupation, you're going to have bad seeds. The NFL, the Fed, the department store Santas, law enforcement, there is no exception.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I once ran a 10 km race from Prescott to Ogdensburg over the international bridge. The US customs agent was asking the Canadians if they had ever been arrested and the fellow in front of me said, "Yes," and was not allowed to even enter the US. And yet most want a convicted felon to play for millions and perhaps earn millions for the team. I suppose then that no one here would object to a convicted pedophile moving in next door because he, "Did the crime, did the time, move on. "

For once, I agree with sensfan63.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    remember that there is a nice little box that you have to check on an employment application if you have ever been convicted of a felony.
    convicted? Nope, never been convicted.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    I once ran a 10 km race from Prescott to Ogdensburg over the international bridge. The US customs agent was asking the Canadians if they had ever been arrested and the fellow in front of me said, "Yes," and was not allowed to even enter the US. And yet most want a convicted felon to play for millions and perhaps earn millions for the team. I suppose then that no one here would object to a convicted pedophile moving in next door because he, "Did the crime, did the time, move on. "

For once, I agree with sensfan63.
    All crimes are not equal. What Vick did was horrible. Someone guilty of your example should be executed.

just as a reminder: dogs ≠ humans

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    just as a reminder: dogs ≠ humans
    why??
    willy

why??

3 Wood thematt is on a distinguished road thematt's Avatar
    ......annnnnnnnnd Michael Vick has been officially conditionally (i like that one) re-instated.

From my understanding, he can practice and do any off-field activities with whatever team signs him, he can play in the final two pre-season games, but he won't be eligable to play until at least week 6 of the regular season. At that time Goodell will reassess the situation and make a decision.

It's no later then week 6, could be sooner. I think Roger will give the protesters two weeks to vent, then Mike will play in week 3 or week 4.

I'm guessing Washington or Jacksonville.

I can't see how any owner can even give him a shot. Just all the ngative pub would hurt the team more than he could ever help them. What kind of shape can he even be in after 2 years in jail? If I was vick I would celebrate my first touchdown by getting a team mate to get on all fours with him and pretend they were two dogs fighting. I wonder how long he would be suspended for lol
    willy

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprise if a small market team go after him.

Buffalo, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Tennessee, Baltimore, ... trying to thing of other possibilities.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Sorry guys---can't get my head around this on----Pete has been out for how many years gambling ???? Vick---2 for causing real creulty to innocent animals ----maybe in another 10 years Seriously-- I think the guy is sick
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Sorry guys---can't get my head around this on----Pete has been out for how many years gambling ???? Vick---2 for causing real creulty to innocent animals ----maybe in another 10 years Seriously-- I think the guy is sick
    I'm not defending his actions, but he's not sick. He's a product of his environment, where it isn't considered wrong to have animals fight eachother. To Vick and thousands who grow up a certain way, it's no different then MMA or boxing, instead of people they're using dogs that are bread to fight - pit bulls. Vick has never had any serious issue with the law previous to that (yes, the marijuana), no harm to any person. He was charitable in Atlanta and did a lot of good things. He just couldn't get away from his old crew.

He served two years, an adequate punishment for organizing dog fighting. Now, he's back and like the bible says, he has been forgiven.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Daniel Snyder in Washington will give him a tonne of cash and I say he plays in week 5 after a 4 week suspension.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I don't think anyone is going to give him a ton of cash this year. Maybe next year if he shows he can still play and keeps out of trouble, but he will be lucky to find a team that wants him this year, nevermind a big salary.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Let him play, he has paid his dues. Exciting player.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information