CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron afulton is on a distinguished road

Tremblant or Malone?

Thinking of doing a golf weekend and would like feedback/comments/suggestions on which is better?

Courses/Pricing?
    Lodging
    Who did you book through?
    Overall experience?
    Would you go back again?
    Things to look out for?
    Etc
    Etc

Thanks Everyone

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    For nightlife - Tremblant
    Choice of Courses - Tremblant but more $$
    Cost - Malone nuch cheaper
    Lodging - Tremblant but more $$$

Overall if you are going just for golf then Malone is great, excellent and challenging courses. The local restaurants are run of the mill but still very good. If you want a more upscale getaway then Tremblant is the place to go but bring a small armoured truck with you.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    An easy way to determine between the two, as leftylucas alludes to... if you group only cares about golf, and golf at a great rate, and they do not care about accommodation, restaurants, or nightlife, then Malone is the way to go. Malone gives you 36 great holes, and little else.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road
    Malone replays used to be free, just pay for the cart. If you plan to play 36/day, that might be a consideration.

I like Tremblant's courses better (La Bete, Diable and Geant) but Malone's are good also. I did not like La Belle at Tremblant.

I stay at Greyrocks which has great stay and play deals.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JWWRMA View Post
    Malone replays used to be free, just pay for the cart. If you plan to play 36/day, that might be a consideration.

I like Tremblant's courses better (La Bete, Diable and Geant) but Malone's are good also. I did not like La Belle at Tremblant.

I stay at Greyrocks which has great stay and play deals.
    It's funny, I like La Belle more than any other course in the Tremblant area - maybe because it has been there significantly longer than any of the others - it's kind of like the older of the two at Malone, the original 18. At times I get tired of the modern, cart riddled, bulldozed to the hilt mountain goat courses that cost an arm and a leg to play. Give me rippled fairways hewn from the lay of the land and I'm generally a happier man.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Another option that you may think about is Canton/Potsdam. 20 minutes south of Odgensburg, the Best Western Hotel in Canton is an upgraded facility with good beds, flat screen TVs and a nice indoor pool. The restaurant and the bar actually stay open! The University golf course is on site and is an older challenging track. Potsdam is about 15-20 minutes away and is a combination of old and new. They have an original nine and built another 9 to make 18. You can also pre-book your replays at Potsdam. When we went down in June, we played the University Course after 2pm for $20 carts included. The Hotel was $95/per person and included all day golf (pay for cart for the second round), so with the $15 replay, we eneded up paying $225US for 2 nights and 4 rounds of golf (taxes in).

Potsdam is a larger university town with some good restaurants. Mama Lucia's is a great Italian restaurant with great prices.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    Made my first trip to Malone last year early in the season and went back this year for two nights. Both time we stayed at the 4 seasons motel. You can get pricing at http://www.golfatpar.com I booked directly through the motel.
    Both courses are great (my personal preference is the east course), people at the golf course and the motels are very friendly and we really enjoyed the experience. I will go back any time, and I am sure I will. First two days we played both courses, played 18 the final day and then back home As somebody said, you just pay for the cart for your second 18.
    The motel is ... a motel, ok and clean. There is an outside swimming pool that was not opened when we went. Other than golf, there is absolutely nothing to do in Malone which is fine if you want to wake up, eat breakfast at the golf course (part of the package), golf, have a burger, golf, have a pizza at pizza hut, go to bed and start again the next day. If you are looking for some night life, Tremblant might be best !
    If you look on the web, Malone lives on agriculture, golf and the two federal prisons so tourism is not the main attraction.
    Lots of Montrealer on the golf course. Not sure if he is a member there or not, but both times Henri (the pocket) Richard was there. I have a great picture of him, my son and myself which I think is very cool.
    Hope this helps.
    ________
    volcano vaporizer
    Last edited by kekchose12; 01-18-2011 at 10:38 AM.

9 Iron randall leaf is on a distinguished road

Malone

Went to Malone for the first time in September with 12 guys.The courses are very good and the greens were running really fast.If you want some good food and night life,Malone is not for you.It is a ghost town at night and the food is sub par.Since we are mainly interested in golf/poker,we are going back once again.Can't beat the price and quality of golf.Enjoy!!!!

Thread Information