CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: greetings!

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road

greetings!

hey guys,

just wanted to introduce myself. my name is Jon, i'm a newfoundlander living in aylmer/gatineau. i started playing golf again this year as the bug has hit me hard. maybe it's because im a family man now.. seems to come with the territory, no?

i started playing golf about 8 years ago and bought some crappy fairway starter kit from sportchek. i hadnt played at all in about 3 years and it's been over 4 since i did more than 2 or 3 rounds a year. ive never been anything better than a hack. my best game ever was a 105.

anyways, this year i decided to get back into it and try to focus myself into becoming a better golfer. ive watched lots of videos, read lots of information and practice as much as i can.. ive been able to do about 1 round and 1-2 trips to the range per week. anyways, my 6 iron broke on me in my second round this year.. just shattered on me so i went to golftown and picked up a set of wilson di-7's. reasonable set for now until i figure out what exactly it is i like. (callaway x-xx's seem very nice) but for now the wilsons have definatly helped me out and i managed to shoot a 108 one week, followed by a 103 the week after(shoulda easily been under 100 but i shot a combined 7 over par on the final 2 holes ) im still a hack but i'm trying.

anyways, ive been struggling again the last couple weeks. partially because i dont have a decent driver anymore. my beginners driver was actually pretty good to me when i got ahold of it.. but now it's dented and cracked. my friend offered me his wilson firestick for 20.00 to help fill the void for the year but it is absolutly the worst slicing club i have ever used and i gave it back to him last night.

so now im in the market to get a nice driver and wouldnt mind some sort of fairway wood as i have nothing in my bag.

looking forward to talking to you all soon!

Jon

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking

Welcome aboard. It's a great sight and lots of helpful advice. If you are looking for clubs there is classified section where you can post for what you are looking for.

Good luck.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum !!!!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Hey welcome to the forum Jon.... a newfoulander living in Quebec, there has to be an inappropriate joke in there somewhere for me

There are plenty of Hacks in this forum so you are in good company my friend (right Hacker, Rezadue, Big Mac, Sillywilly?)

enjoy your stay in here and try to not buy too much golf equipment, take some lessons first my friend!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Welcome aboard. It's a great sight and lots of helpful advice. If you are looking for clubs there is classified section where you can post for what you are looking for.

Good luck.
    Post is up.. hoping i can find soemthing suitable soon..

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Welcome to the forum !!!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Hey welcome to the forum Jon.... a newfoulander living in Quebec, there has to be an inappropriate joke in there somewhere for me

There are plenty of Hacks in this forum so you are in good company my friend (right Hacker, Rezadue, Big Mac, Sillywilly?)

enjoy your stay in here and try to not buy too much golf equipment, take some lessons first my friend!
    hah, yea, there's actually a few of us living in my neighborhood from the rock.

ive been toying with the idea of getting some lessons soon.. not sure where to go tho..

Thread Information