100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reduced Pricing

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Reduced Pricing

Is it just me or does it seem that GT and other places are reducing the price of the clubs early this year? I was in GT tonight and noticed that both the Cobra and Nike Drivers are already reduced in price. Does anyone know if they are planning on coming out with something else or are they just trying to move some product?

I don't really know if it's early, I just haven't noticed them this cheap this early in the season.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I think Ping is close to coming out with the new i15 and g15 drivers, but not sure about Nike and Cobra marketing plans...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    I thought the Nike price cut was the most surprising. They're still marketing that driver pretty steady on TV. Does speak too highly of the sales volume for that particular club. I do think the Str8 Fit is a 'cheap' feeling/looking driver. That shouldn't matter, of course, but maybe people are shying away?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I don't know about you, but the fully adjustable drivers like those from Nike and Callaway don't attract me in the slightest. The game is already complicated enough, and messing with a driver configuration just isn't the additional variable that I want to introduce to my game - I'm confused enough.

I wonder if others feel this way too, even though we all love to tinker with equipment, I think these manufacturers may have taken it a bit too far, and they're just not selling as they had hoped... just speculating...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Personally, I just don't see the benefit.

Unless you have a consistent swing - or have time to go to the range and tinker with the adjustments before every round, I just don't see the benefit.

My swing is all over the place and I usually go from my car to the first tee in about two minutes. I don't have the time or the ability to adjust the driver.

I suppose that would make the market for the Str8 FIT and similar drivers pretty narrow. You would need individuals with consistent swings who practice before every round AND have the desire to adjust their clubs in real time. I can't imagine that profile fits many of Golftown's customers.

7 Iron HTN2 is on a distinguished road HTN2's Avatar
    Personally, I'd bet it has something to do with the general all over down time golf is seeing. Courses that I've played that have been pretty well booked in summers past are wide open this year. I don't hear from any of the occasional golfers at work this year, no one is going out. I would bet, no one is buying equipment either, save for the die hards, of course...and as we all know, die hards are a small minority of golfers...

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I don't know about you, but the fully adjustable drivers like those from Nike and Callaway don't attract me in the slightest. The game is already complicated enough, and messing with a driver configuration just isn't the additional variable that I want to introduce to my game - I'm confused enough.

I wonder if others feel this way too, even though we all love to tinker with equipment, I think these manufacturers may have taken it a bit too far, and they're just not selling as they had hoped... just speculating...
    I love them ! They are a superb fitting tool for me

Another attempt by the OEM's to simplify custom fitting for them. There are no subtitutes, trust me.

Thread Information