CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bouche
    im not watching it, im at work. just checking the scoreboard when I can.

GO VIJAY!!

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    I can't believe no one saw his ball come down on 10. When they asked him to hit a provisional, you could see that he was ready to just explode lol..... I guess it's only in America where someone will throw his ball back into the fairway .
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Tom Watson could give Tiger lessons on scoring in the wind and rain. Almost 60 years old, and he shoots 70 after being 4 over par after 7 holes. Unbelievable. Go Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    That's a shame. Nice Tom Watson interview that you're missing.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Wow, I wish they'd just let us see the golf instead of all the fluff. Yes, duel in the sun was amazing but I want to watch the 2009 tournament, NOW! WHILE IT IS LIVE, put all the other crap on before or after the live action.

Also, does anyone think Tiger is being a bit of a big baby today, suck it up, you are having a bit of bad form, no need to smash your clubs into the tee-boxes etc, show some damn class man!

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I want to cry. What is Tiger doing!! Damn! I was hoping he would do well.....guess not :@
    Funny... I was having rather the opposite reaction.

With Tiger missing the cut, ABC will actually have to focus on the players who are doing something. We will all the the beneficiaries of his early departures. I'm assuming, of course, that ABC doesn't spend all of the weekend showing us how Tiger failed to make the cut.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Just be prepared for them to talk about how well he would be doing if he was still in the tournament. And how none of the field would have a chance if he hadn't missed the cut.

Bouche
    As long as tiger makes the cut, he is always in contention. I dont mind watching the best golfer in the world! alllll the time LOL

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    With Tiger missing the cut, ABC will actually have to focus on the players who are doing something. We will all the the beneficiaries of his early departures. I'm assuming, of course, that ABC doesn't spend all of the weekend showing us how Tiger failed to make the cut.
    Perhaps a drinking game is in order:

1 sip every time they mention tiger

2 sips if they say that had he made the cut he'd be in contention

down the drink if they show a video montage of Tiger failing to make the cut

3 sips if they mention Ailsa Craig one more ing time...

Usually, that would be the case. However, his swing at the moment is out of sync. He is not hitting the ball squarely. Did you see, for example, his fat drive on 17. Ugh. And that was not the only one. This is not the same man who won a few weeks ago.

As long as tiger makes the cut, he is always in contention. I dont mind watching the best golfer in the world! alllll the time LOL

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    And how none of the field would have a chance if he hadn't missed the cut.
    A gross exaggeration, but the intention of your hyperbole is not overlooked.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Also, does anyone think Tiger is being a bit of a big baby today, suck it up, you are having a bit of bad form, no need to smash your clubs into the tee-boxes etc, show some damn class man!
    Point of order here... due to the focus on each and every Tiger shot, his negative reactions are put right in front of us to judge. We rarely, if ever, get to see the negative reactions from those other than Tiger, because all other players are not covered as intensely - if at all. They're likely wouldn't be any cameras following and documenting any outbursts from, lets say for example, Ian Poulter this morning (not that he had any, but we'll never know).
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

This MIGHT be Tiger's second missed cut in 45 majors as a Pro. ('06 US Open after his Dad died, being the other).
    +1 for being dominant.
    You can hate the way he's portrayed in the media, and the way he's covered when's he in a golf tournament. But you can't hate the guy for being the best to ever play the game.
    Last edited by leafseh; 07-17-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: jumped the gun..

Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    This will only be Tiger's second missed cut in 45 majors as a Pro. ('06 US Open after his Dad died, being the other).
    +1 for being dominant.
    You can hate the way he's portrayed in the media, and the way he's covered when's he in a golf tournament. But you can't hate the guy for being the best to ever play the game.
    Needs to birdie 18 to make the cut for sure. Even at +5, there's still a chance if the cut line moves...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Can't this Yankee network properly air the British Open? They forced a delay of the broadcast. At the moment they are 3 or 4 holes behind the play. In addition, they are fixated on Tiger at the expense of showing us other players on the course, including some (Sergio, for instance) who are mounting a bit of a move. You'd never know anyone is doing anything, since these dunces are fixated on only a handful of players. I hate ABC Sports. Now I feel better for having vented.
    That's okay Mike, I'm having fun watching Tiger implode.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Wow, and I thought all gentleman golfers never rooted against another golfer... hmm...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Needs to birdie 18 to make the cut for sure. Even at +5, there's still a chance if the cut line moves...
    Even if he makes the cut, I still think he's pretty much done for the tournament. What I really hate (I hope you're listening Johnny Miller), is how announcer's will say ''Oh Tiger's the best in the world, don't be surprised if he comes out tomorrow and shoots 61''. It's ridiculous. I know you have to, at some point, stop being surprised after he keeps pulling off the miraculous. But to say something like that just so you can say that ''you called it''!?!? I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy watching the spectacular happen. I don't want to be disappointed by EXPECTING the spectacular.... not sure if that made sense lol.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Wow, and I thought all gentleman golfers never rooted against another golfer... hmm...
    Who around here are you accusing of being a gentleman??

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Who around here are you accusing of being a gentleman??
    There's no one on this board that I'd not tee it up with, as all of us have a love and respect for the great game in common!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Bouche
    Birdie, Birdie, (Birdie) would be a nice finish....come on Tiger!!

There's no one on this board that I'd not tee it up with, as all of us have a love and respect for the great game in common!
    Well said!!

But it would a a lot of fun to see Tiger birdie #18 and to make the cut on the number just to see some of the reactions around here

Birdie, Birdie, (Birdie) would be a nice finish....come on Tiger!!
    +1

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Hey, I paid my 5 bucks...

Besides, you all know I'm rooting for the course.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Hey, I paid my 5 bucks...

Besides, you all know I'm rooting for the course.

I wasn't rooting against him, but reflecting the fact that he wasn't going to make the cut, and that his absence would force the network to show us other golfers something they would not otherwise do voluntarily.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I agree with you Mike. I think the coverage of this has been dreadful. I am a Tiger fan, but I would have loved to see fresh coverage of the other players doing well. If he was in the hunt, then it would be a different matter. They could have made a "bad day for Tiger" special if they needed

Also a crazy amount of recaps. Going over and over things we have already seen instead of showing fresh faces. Really annoying.

The commentators are really awful too. All in all a very bad coverage of possibly very interesting golf, if they would only show us things worth seeing.

Big rant from me

Still an outside chance that +5 can get in.......amazing

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Perhaps a drinking game is in order:

1 sip every time they mention tiger

2 sips if they say that had he made the cut he'd be in contention

down the drink if they show a video montage of Tiger failing to make the cut

3 sips if they mention Ailsa Craig one more ing time...
    And every time they cut to commercial without showing any shots by someone other than Tiger, you finish your drink.

As a side note, to play this drinking game, you must have at least 3 kegs in your house, or you will run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Still an outside chance that +5 can get in.......amazing
    Very slim, but still possible. That would definitely shake things up. That would add another 10 or so players to the weekend.

Nice to see all the experience at the top of the leaderboard. Puts me in mind of that joke where the father and son bulls are standing at the top of the hill, looking down over all the cows below...

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    And every time they cut to commercial without showing any shots by someone other than Tiger, you finish your drink.

As a side note, to play this drinking game, you must have at least 3 kegs in your house, or you will run out.
    And have either a stomach pump handy, or 911 on speed dial.

Thread Information