100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camelot

Hybrid View

Lob Wedge slice is on a distinguished road

Camelot

anyone know the deal with Camelot golf course, I have heard that they are attempting to attrack new members by offering some sort of specials which are not advertise them on their website, you are supposed to contact their office but I don't feel like listening to a salesman. hopefully someone has some insight.

thks.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm in a tournament on the 24th of August, can't wait to play it! My first time and they say you never forget your first time. = )
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Bouche
    Tigershot, you know that you can always ask me send me a PM and we can try to arrange something

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar
    Nice to hear Bouche! But aren't you expecting any second?
    Let me know some time in mid August.
    thanks.
    Bite, Bite!

Bouche
    will do. I was thinking August was a good time

Sand Wedge golfdude is on a distinguished road
    I have played Camelot several times and it is definitely one of the better courses in the area.

The second hole is one of the toughest holes in the Ottawa valley. Go deep left off of the tee but stay away from the creek.

I'm pleased to see that they got rid of the ridiculous sloped front on the 18th green. I have seen too many players putt their ball towards the front only to find it roll down to the 35 yard range. Yep, very silly but true.

Watch out for the break on # 16 green; it breaks like crazy!

They really need to put some yardage markers on their course. If you're playing it, make sure you bring a range finder along, it's an absolute must on this course.

Wonderful facility and the food is great in their dining room.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
    I have played Camelot several times and it is definitely one of the better courses in the area.

The second hole is one of the toughest holes in the Ottawa valley. Go deep left off of the tee but stay away from the creek.

I'm pleased to see that they got rid of the ridiculous sloped front on the 18th green. I have seen too many players putt their ball towards the front only to find it roll down to the 35 yard range. Yep, very silly but true.

They really need to put some yardage markers on their course. If you're playing it, make sure you bring a range finder along, it's an absolute must on this course.

There are plenty of markers at Camelot, they have 200, 150 and 100 and all the sprinkler heads have yardages as well. Never hurts to have some form of rangefinder or GPS though.

Sand Wedge golfdude is on a distinguished road
    Good news on the yardage markers. I hear they finally have a yardage book as well. I always though it was pretty weird for a high end course to have neither.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by golfdude View Post

That slope on 18 made a great finishing hole....I have watched many final groups come in on that green when the pin was at the front front of the green.

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    I finally got to play Camelot last year and really enjoyed it. Back 9 has some cool holes with considerable elevation changes. Hmmm just talking about it is giving me the itch to go play again as I think I would definitely play a few holes differently having been through once. Will have to grovel for another invitation.

Would certainly be worthwhile to look at a membership there if it is in your neck of the woods especially if they have some deals going. I would guess that if there is no initiation you are on a year to year arrangement, just paying some annual dues.

Thread Information