CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hybrid keble is on a distinguished road

private club in Vancouver?

I just moved to Vancouver recently and decide to join a private club. I can't afford to join any private golf clubs in Canada top 100. My target entry fee is about 20000 to 30000. so I have checked some now.

Richmond Country Club: very old clubhouse that I don't like at all. course looks ok. many trees, but looks flat and boring.. good thing is one entry fee for whole family, so I only need to pay 100 something for my kid to play golf.

Mayfair Lake: a semi private club, clubhouse looks really nice. I like the course layout, but no trees in the golf course, and it's semi private. The entry fee is cheaper, but I don't really care if it's below 30000$.

Marine Drive: I heard it sucks big time...

Quilchena Golf&Country club: looks fine. cheaper entry with cheaper annual fee.

Vancouver Golf Club: no info about it. it looks fine.

I believe there's more, so I really need suggestions from any of u. I can't find any Vancouver local golf forum like this. That's why I ask here, and wish some ppl really know.

thank you!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Google 'Vancouver Golf' there are plenty of web links for public, private and Semi-Private courses.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    You've got a listing of courses all over the metro Vancouver area....e.g., Vancouver Golf Club is in Coquitlam...pretty exclusive I hear. Do you want drive an hour or more to a course? Look for a course that is xxx km's of your location.

If I was joining a private club, I would do a lot of research on their finances, wait list, important features, etc....and would take my time before a final decision is made.

Dave

I will visit Richmond Country Club again and talk more with their manager. It's 5 min driving from my home, and one entry fee for whole family. The course slope is 130, rate 76, not a easy course to play. I need to do more researches.

Putter ynotme is on a distinguished road ynotme's Avatar
    How about Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club or Point Grey Golf & Country Club?
    at most, it will take 30min driving from Richmond. much closer than Vancouver Golf Club.

they are in Canada top 100, I think they are very expensive to join. Have you played any of them?

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    If I remember correctly Shaughnessy and Marine Drive are on the same street. Contrary to what you have heard Marine Drive is a good course. I have played there 5 times (Canadian's were there one year) and it can be a good challenge. RCGA had the course set up pretty tough so maybe it's not as good under normal playing conditions. It has a lot of great mature trees, is well manicured and has an excellent club house. There are some holes that run right beside the river where you can see the logging going on, it's a pretty cool thing to see actually. It's worth a look at and it's pretty easy to get to from in the city.

Putter ynotme is on a distinguished road ynotme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keble View Post
    they are in Canada top 100, I think they are very expensive to join. Have you played any of them?
    yes, both courses are expensive.

Played at Point Grey, a beautiful but tough course. i would say similar difficulty as Dome hill. nice view from dining room (like furrycreek). this course hosted BC open.

friend from West Palm played Shaughnessy and he cannot say anything bad about it. he says its condition is similar to pga championship courses. sorry, cannot comment any detail since i haven't played myself

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Might want to check out Westwood Plateau. Never played but hear the views up the mountain (Coquitlam) are spectacular. Think it is semi-

thank you for all the comments. I will play a free round in Richmond Country club. the entry fee is cheaper, and I'm able to play point grey, vancouver country club. the only thing I don't like about, I have to pay for the range balls in a private club.

Gap Wedge Steel is on a distinguished road Steel's Avatar
    Don't know if you joined anywhere, but if you don't mind the drive, get a NEXUS card cross the border and play at Loomis Trail/Semiahmoo, 2 of the best courses in Washington State, rite across the border in Blaine. Loomis is ranked in the top 100 golf courses in the US by golf digest. Impossible to beat the price, $10,000 US, $215.00 per month no clubhouse/restaurant fee's etc. $215.00 that's it, includes use of range facilities, balls etc and you get to play both courses. Can't beat it, I might join next year, I am going to play there a lot this year to see how the drive is, getting my NEXUS in March
    A man's got to know his limitations

I havn't joined any yet. Mayfair Lake is the one I like most, but it's semi-private. It's just like public golf club. too many ppl play during the summer time.

Gap Wedge Steel is on a distinguished road Steel's Avatar
    where are you living? If you are South of the city you really should check out south of the border, golf courses are way better, not as many people and less than half the price to play. I would steer clear of Mayfair, drainage is not great and like you said way too many people. Try out Shuksan, North Bellingham, Homestead, Loomis Trail, and Semiahmoo. I used to be a yearly member at Shuksan, great course, but not good in the winter, Loomis drains very well and is a great lay out, very tough especially from the tips! send me a PM if you want to hook up for a round down south
    A man's got to know his limitations

Thread Information