100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Is this a low class move???

Lets say Indio has an item X for sale on the forum. Lets also say that Hacker expresses interest in Indio's item that is for sale with a genuine offer of $100(publicly, not via PM). Finally, lets say Sillywilly reads hacker's msg and msgs Hacker and says

a) I have the same item and you can have it for $75
    b) Hey, if your deal doesn't work out.. I'll sell Y (similar to X and maybe even prefered by Hacker over item X) for $100 (just so happens to be what hacker is willing to pay for X)
    c) Hey, don't buy that set indio is selling... its not a good fit for you, I'll sell you Z (totally difference and not comprable to X)... check out my listing in the classified section.

Are any of the above acceptable? Or is it best to just stay out? It is afterall a public forum and you are free to PM whoever you want. But at the same time, something about it seems a bit low class and sleezy.

A) I def think is a dirty move
    B) To swoop in and make an offer based on info indio's thread extracted from Hacker. Sure, it says "If it doesn't work out" but to offer another option to someone
    who has already made an offer that may now be retracted because there are other options doesn't seem fair. Make your own thread and list your item sillywilly!
    C) this for some reason I have less of a problem with if the advice is genuine, the products are similar but still don't like it

Thoughts? discuss
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    All's fair in Love, Capitalism and ....Marketing. It may not be right but it is fair.

1 Iron B Nation is on a distinguished road
    If you have an item to sell.. why not just post it in the public forum, if you are willing to take $75 for it than so be it. It will probably go pretty quickly. If I have something I want to sell, I don't think it's necessary to make sure someone else isn't selling it.

Having said that, it is pretty low to contact a buyer directly when he is in the midst of a transaction.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Regarding option a and b:

Don't forget that clubs from Indio and Hacker will be full of popup marks and other nasties while something from Geoff (as an example) is only likely to have ever been hit once before being sold again.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    1. Hacker would receive negative feedback for reneging on a transaction
    2. I would kick your ass for acting like a low life....

aside from that, what to hell else did you ask?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post

Don't forget that clubs from Indio and Hacker will be full of popup marks and other nasties while something from Geoff (as an example) is only likely to have ever been hit once before being sold again.
    Geoffs club may have only been hit once but they have been thrown atleast 5 times. Only guy that will hit one bad shot and throw the club 5 times... throw his club down the fairway, walk over and throw it again and again... Hey geoff you are supposed to get the ball to the green, not your club
    willy

Hybrid Gary Madore is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Geoffs club may have only been hit once but they have been thrown atleast 5 times. Only guy that will hit one bad shot and throw the club 5 times... throw his club down the fairway, walk over and throw it again and again... Hey geoff you are supposed to get the ball to the green, not your club
    That is simply not true: I heard that Geoff's clubs always make the green in regulation!

Cheers!

Gary

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post

JV, For the record, I'll put ALL of my equipment up against any on this board in terms of condition......I may not use them well but they are well pampered

I'm sure that anyone who has ever bought anything from me will attest to this

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Hey Scott, no doubt. I was just pulling your's and Bob's collective legs.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Scott is that is the case why are the nickent hybrids I bought from you 3 months ago a 2/10 condition right now?
    willy

Thread Information