+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf in Calgary

Bogie tigger12 is on a distinguished road

Golf in Calgary

Any recommendations.

thanks

5 Wood parbreaker04 is on a distinguished road

Calgary

Heritage Pointe is outstanding, Speargrass is out of town but worth the drive. Sirocco just had the Canadian tour event, Springbank Links is solid as well .
    Try Glen Eagles, these are all links style courses and always in good shape. If you have a car drive up to Wolf Creek just past Red Deer it is a must play.
    Good luck and have a great time
    parbreaker04
    Adams clubs work for me!!!!!!!!!

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Darcy Ranch and River's Edge at Okotoks, just south of Calgary. Great courses.

Arrt
    I played Rivers Edge, kind of an odd course. I played it at the wrong time though, they just punched holes in their greens preparing for the fall. Made it impossible to make putts. Super narrow on some holes.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    What we like about River's Edge is that you can usually get a tee time without too much trouble and it is more reasonable than many of the others in the Calgary area. It is a tough course and is tight in some areas.

Arrt
    What is the back nine like? I only played the front I think it was the outer 9 with the last par three that's straight up hill.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Both the Kidd & Lorette courses at Kananaskis are a treat to play. In the foothills 45 minutes West of town.

Make you sure you say you're an Alberta resident when they casually mention it. Like 40% cheaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrt View Post
    What is the back nine like? I only played the front I think it was the outer 9 with the last par three that's straight up hill.
    The other nine is more like a prairie type of course with a couple of large ponds to play around. Spectacular views as well.

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road
    Played Kananaskis last September, very nice course. But they do not let power carts on the fairways at all, which came as a surprise. I asked if it was because the fairways were wet but the starter said that no matter what the fairways are like they never let power carts on them. So that is a bit of a pain when the ball is on the other side of the fairway and you are not sure of the lie.
    I have played Eagles Glenn just outside of Calgary and it is a nice course as well, but it does go between homes, so the scenery is not as nice of Kananaskis.

Arrt
    Planning to play kananaskis this august with my father. I can't wait.

If you can get on, Priddis Greens is a gem to play. 36 holes in the foothills. Deer and elk all over the course. A bit expensive, but great to play. The LPGA Canadian Open is being held there this year.

Arrt
    Pridis Hills in Calgary or outside it?

It is SW of Calgary. About 1/2 hour drive.

Hybrid Bravesox is on a distinguished road Bravesox's Avatar
    and it is the site of the womens canadian open i think...very hard to get on that course. Darcy Ranch is really nice...one of my favs. Also Shaw-nee slopes which is in Calgary is a great course.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpangman View Post
    It is SW of Calgary. About 1/2 hour drive.

Arrt
    Quote Originally Posted by parbreaker04 View Post
    Heritage Pointe is outstanding, Speargrass is out of town but worth the drive. Sirocco just had the Canadian tour event, Springbank Links is solid as well .
    Try Glen Eagles, these are all links style courses and always in good shape. If you have a car drive up to Wolf Creek just past Red Deer it is a must play.
    Good luck and have a great time
    parbreaker04
    I've heard heritage pointe is great. My Cousin flipped a cart on one of the holes... I forget which 9 though.

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    Country hills is a good 36 hole facility right in Calgary. It's private but get your pro to call over and see if he can pull some strings. One 18 is much better than the other but I forget which one is it (It's the one that starts across the road).

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    It's the Links course that's the best of the two at Country Hills. I'd play there in a second if I was in Calgary.

Thread Information