+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glen Mar

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Glen Mar

I played Emerald Links today and realized that I should try to play courses that are less than $50 on the weekends given that I'm essentially a hacker. That said, I really appreciate nice, well-kept courses, and have been told that Glen Mar is pretty decent. Any impressions?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    It's a lot like it's neighbour, Canadian, lots of dog-legs. I like it better than Canadian actually. It's usually in good shape, not too bad traffic-wise and a pretty fair price. Dumb green on the 18th, but all in all one of the better mid-range courses in town.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Was there for the first time playing with InTheZone, and I would say too many doglegs for a long hitter. Next time I may just leave the driver in the car.

Mind you I don't mind coming really really close to almost driving a couple greens (18th green in general). Greens were in pretty good condition and I would definitely go back.

Tim

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    If you played Sunday July 5th, didn't you find ALL the grass a little long. The fairways were pretty long for sure and the rough looked like it hadn't been trimmed for a week.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I would agree witht the comment about the 18th green. The first time I had to chip off the green at the bottom to get to the pin at the top. At least I didn't make a divot and managed a par.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I like Canadian a lot more than Glen Mar and find it to be in better condition most of the time. Glen Mar always kicks my ass and the only real challenges are the tight tee shots and long rough, so I might be a bit biased.
    Even I've never heard of me

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    If you played Sunday July 5th, didn't you find ALL the grass a little long. The fairways were pretty long for sure and the rough looked like it hadn't been trimmed for a week.
    I didn't play on the 5th of July so I wouldn't know. I will agree the fairways were pretty long for my tastes.

Thread Information