100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter skywalker is on a distinguished road skywalker's Avatar

orleans golf academy par 3

Has anybody been out there this year drove by the other day look like it was open but anybody known if it's worth going there
    "May the force be with you". let that golf ball FLY!

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Smile Update

Played the course the first day open on July 1 and it was still in rough shape. From the road it looks like the greens are nice but are still growing in. Some of the tee boxes are closed because of condition(mostly the back tees) and last the fairways when the first opened where in great shape but now are a little like Bearbrook or worse. Now for the positive, bunkers in great shape, layout also really good, pro shop girl told us about conditions before witch was nice and the have lowered the price to 15 for adults and 13 for old folks.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Fairways chewed up but it only cost us $15 each for 9... I mean it blows Capital out of the water. The bunkers are great and most greens are in good condition.

Steal at that price and ... since it's a par 3 ... why should we care about fairways!?

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Smile Fairways

Agree that at that price it is a good value and layout is really good and also a challenge from the back. For the fairways it as no importance to me because I am a pretty good golfer but many people including myself bring people to these small courses who are new golfers or just not regular players and it can take them a few shots to get to the green. When fairways are really bad it can make it even harder for them.

Lob Wedge core1 is on a distinguished road
    Just played it tonight.
    The pro shop girl was cute and friendly but knew nothing about the course or golf for that matter.
    We called the manager up on the 3rd hole since we'd been playing 45 mins! and were only on the 3rd tee (behind only 1 group which was too busy goofing off rather than playing) he spoke to them but since he was approx 20 he didn't really carry much authority. The greens are growing in on the 1st 4 nicely the rest are mine fields. There's clover everywhere on the fairways but it's cut short so you still get good lies. The quality is like bearbrook but as others said, the layout is fun to play and the beaches are really nice and clean. For 15$ (20$ with a bucket for the range prior) it's def a fun practice course just don't go there if you're stickler for nice conditions.

Sand Wedge wingy17 is on a distinguished road
    My wife and I got a membership for the Par 3 course here and its great. I've played it quite a few times over the years and although it's still not in top shape, it's getting better everyday. Past owners of the place did not "winterize" the course in preparation for this year (now new owners are left to deal with it).

The sand hazards are like no other in the region, by far the best feature of the course. All 9 holes are fairly challenging with water and/or sand hazards on almost every one of them. Very easy to lose balls on this one since just outside the thin rough is very thick weeds and long grass (which makes it very hard to locate balls).

I am still looking for a slope and rating for each tee-box since the scorecards don't display all the info. I've requested it from the course staff and will provide it here if anyone cares to have it.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Have not played the course so cannot comment. Not surprised that the former owners sold. You could see the writing on the wall even two years ago over the short game area fiasco. The whole complex has great potential and I hope the new owner(s) can get a retail partner and a good greens keeper to help make a go of it.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wingy17 View Post
    I am still looking for a slope and rating for each tee-box since the scorecards don't display all the info. I've requested it from the course staff and will provide it here if anyone cares to have it.
    There probably isn't a slope and rating available. Scores from most par-3 courses do not qualify for handicapping purposes, so they are usually not rated. From the RCGA Handicap Manual:

For handicapping purposes, the following are unacceptable scores:
    • Scores of fewer than 7 holes
    • Scores made on a golf course in an area during its inactive season
    • Scores made in violation of the Rules of Golf
    • Scores from courses under 3,000 yards for 18 holes
    • Scores made in competitions stipulating the use of less than 14 clubs
    • Scores made on golf courses without valid RCGA Course and Slope Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    There probably isn't a slope and rating available. Scores from most par-3 courses do not qualify for handicapping purposes, so they are usually not rated. From the RCGA Handicap Manual:

For handicapping purposes, the following are unacceptable scores:
    • Scores of fewer than 7 holes
    • Scores made on a golf course in an area during its inactive season
    • Scores made in violation of the Rules of Golf
    • Scores from courses under 3,000 yards for 18 holes
    • Scores made in competitions stipulating the use of less than 14 clubs
    • Scores made on golf courses without valid RCGA Course and Slope Ratings
    Interesting, thanks for the information. The course staff told me they requested a slope/rating from Golf Quebec and would provide it once received. They may have different standards (but could probably not count towards an official handicap). I'll provide any more information I get.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wingy17 View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the information. The course staff told me they requested a slope/rating from Golf Quebec and would provide it once received. They may have different standards (but could probably not count towards an official handicap). I'll provide any more information I get.
    Check the scorecard. If the total yardage from the back tees is > 1,500 yards for the 9-holes, then they could get a slope/rating for those tees and your scores would count towards your official handicap. If not, then whatever slope/rating numbers you get would count for that course only.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    It's a fun course to play as long as it isn't crowded. The play can be very slow!

Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    It's a fun course to play as long as it isn't crowded. The play can be very slow!
    Very true. I recommend going during weekday evenings for faster play, very early or late on weekends.

Btw, there will be no rating/slope for the course this year. The course was not able to go through the entire association membership this year.

Thread Information