100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road

9-Hole Manual Entry

I've been attempting to enter a 9-hole score from the other weekend into the handicapping computer and having some trouble.

The course is not in the database, so I have to enter it manually.

When I enter it manually, I enter the fact that I only played 9-holes, the date, slope, rating, and my score.

After I enter this, my average score for the year is drastically effected. I drop from a 96 average to and 84??? I shot a 46 for the 9-holes I played, but I think the problem is that the computer thinks I shot a 46 on 18-holes?

The slope for the course is 121, and the rating is 67.2. What do I need to do to enter this 9-hole score and not have the computer think I shot 46 for 18-holes? Do I need to divide the rating by 2 (cause of the 9-holes)?

Please Help

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
    I've been attempting to enter a 9-hole score from the other weekend into the handicapping computer and having some trouble.

The course is not in the database, so I have to enter it manually.

When I enter it manually, I enter the fact that I only played 9-holes, the date, slope, rating, and my score.

After I enter this, my average score for the year is drastically effected. I drop from a 96 average to and 84??? I shot a 46 for the 9-holes I played, but I think the problem is that the computer thinks I shot a 46 on 18-holes?

The slope for the course is 121, and the rating is 67.2. What do I need to do to enter this 9-hole score and not have the computer think I shot 46 for 18-holes? Do I need to divide the rating by 2 (cause of the 9-holes)?

Please Help
    You need to contact the course and find out what their 9 hole slope/rating is, and then enter that.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information