CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Best Stand/Carry bag

I'm looking at getting a new bag. Need some opinions on which one is best. I have had a few and have yet to find one that is comfortable. Weight is not the issue. I want one that is comfortable and the legs kick out quickly. Any and all info is apprectiated.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Try Titleist/Sun Mountain. I just got the Sun Mountain Three 5 and it is IMHO the perfect bag.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Do you mean the Sunmountain Superlite 3.5?

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    This Titleist bag is pretty good for the price. They have the most comfortable strap system.

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...P11671C27.aspx

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It's either a toss up between the Sun Mountain 3.5/4.5 (or the branded equivalents) and the Ogio Ozone/Vapourlite for me.

I'd suggest going to Golftown and trying them on for size/comfort with a set of clubs in them.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Sun Mountain or Oggio make excellent bags.Titleist is a very good bag and it reminds me a lot of the Sun Mountain or is it the other way around?You cant go wrong with these for sure.

Sun Mountain makes Titleist. The x86 link above is basically the same bag as mine, only a bit heavier. They both use the same strap system.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    We've got the same bag Jeff and you are right, it's perfect! Although like most bags I don't like the rain cover.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We've got the same bag Jeff and you are right, it's perfect! Although like most bags I don't like the rain cover.
    I have a deep, unfettered infatuation with this bag. It is awesome. Haven't used the cover yet though. You have great taste Jordan.

Arrt
    My sun mountain strap snapped after a year or so. I still use it, though I strapped the straps around the handle.. It's the Sun Mountain Lightning Bag.

BG458
    When u are at Golftown try the Bag Boy Clip Lok stand bag you might be surprised they some thing in the straps that make them extremely comfortable. At 5.5 pounds you get alot in it. Again just my opinion.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The June issue of Golf Digest has an excellent review of golf bags. The article is available on their web site. I would have given you the link, but I'm using a friend's Mac and couldn't immediately figure out how to copy the web address for that 2009 Equipment article.

Shagging Balls Gapwedge is on a distinguished road Gapwedge's Avatar
    It must be only me then that is having trouble with Sun Mountain. Two back-to-back bag failures in less than a year. Here is the letter I just sent to the President of Sun Mountain Sports yesterday:
    -----
    Dear Sir,

First, my apologies for taking the extraordinary step of contacting you directly. I am no longer a SunMountain customer and I thought you might be interested in hearing why.

I purchased a Left Hand Superlight 3.5 Golf Carry Bag through my home club Greyhawk (part of Clublink) in Jan 2008. The golf season starts late in Canada, so I did not get a chance to use the bag until May 2008. While getting ready for the new season in Mar 2009 (a year later), I noticed that a good section of stitching connecting the strap to the bag was coming undone. When Greyhawk contacted SunMountain on my behalf, they were told that since the bag was out of warranty, I was out of luck.

When I contacted customer service directly and explained that although more than 12 months had elapsed, I had only used the bag for 6 months (again, we have a short golf season in Canada). After considerable discussion, customer service finally relented and agreed to replace the original bag.

The replacement bag arrived on 12 May 2009 ? 6 weeks after SunMountain agreed to replace it. On 31 May 2009 ? after only 6 rounds ? the stitching connecting the handle to the replacement bag failed, with one side of the handle completely disconnecting from the bag. I immediately returned the broken bag to Greyhawk, who immediately called the local customer service representative. Although he agreed to replace the bag (again), we are now 5 weeks later and I am still waiting for a replacement. These delays forced me to buy another golf bag ? I am now carrying one from EOS that is performing admirably (and was purchased at a price 35% lower than the Superlight 3.5).

Mr. Kowachek, you need to know that I am disappointed by both the poor quality of your product and the deficient customer service. SunMountain had two separate opportunities to overwhelm me with excellent service and to convince me that SunMountain stands behind their product. At this stage, I feel the only recourse is to ask for a refund of the original purchase price (C$165).

I look forward to your prompt and positive response,
    -----

I have been very impressed with EOS. Golftown does not normally carry these, although they can bring them in on speceial order.
    ________
    CHEAP GLASS BONGS
    Last edited by Gapwedge; 02-22-2011 at 03:54 AM.

well, I have only had mine a month or so so I cannot comment on longevity.

I can say that prior to this bag I had 2 Titleist bags (both made by Sun Mountain) that I had for 4-5 years each. Both were still in great shape when I sold them and completely functional.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    This is my second Sun Mountain in aprox. 8 years and a Titleist in there somewhere.All bags were excellent,no problems.I play around 135 rounds a year so I can vouch for them.Gapwedge,sorry to hear your experience with the company was a bad one.You did the right thing in complaining to the company.I hope they compensate you.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    geoff is selling a sweet tit bag, you should def look at it, at $160, its a steal
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I had the handle fail and the dividers fail on an Ogio Cart bag, I had the handle fail and the kick stand fail on an Adams stand bag, but I had a great titleist carry bag for a few years, & I now have a titleist cart bag which I'm lovin'. Its the same bag as the sun mountain c-130 prior to the addition of the putter well.
    Andrew

Bouche
    Ping Hoofer Allllll Theeeeeeee Wayyyyyyyyyy

Wow, thanks for all the input. It narrows it down a little. Sun Mountain/Titleist seems to be the general consensus.

Lob Wedge Bosco is on a distinguished road
    Try the Sun Mountain mini if they have it at GT...bare bone basics...

Arrt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Try the Sun Mountain mini if they have it at GT...bare bone basics...
    Are you speaking of the Sunday x-strap? If you are, is it a bugger trying to put your clubs into? I am interested in it, but cannot find any pictures of the dividers.

Gap Wedge jason72 is on a distinguished road
    I have an Ogio vaporlite and can say not 100% happy with the quality. It has been death by little pains: stand does not open fully and the bag falls over in a lite wind, the main OGIO emblem is peeling off, the towel holding cord snapped and the bag is fraying around the club dividers. None of them make the bag not useable but very annoying

BG458
    Ok anybody looking for a new carry bag please go to Golftown and look at the Clip Lok Stand Bag (exclusive to Golftown in Canada), I have had alot of stand bags and I mean alot, hands down this is the best one I have ever had .

Arrt
    Quote Originally Posted by BG458 View Post
    Ok anybody looking for a new carry bag please go to Golftown and look at the Clip Lok Stand Bag (exclusive to Golftown in Canada), I have had alot of stand bags and I mean alot, hands down this is the best one I have ever had .
    Quite a large looking bag.

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Ping Hoofer Allllll Theeeeeeee Wayyyyyyyyyy
    I agree 100%. I have had to play other bags for different team events, nothing compares to a ping. The strap system is unbeatable. On that note though, I don't like the retractable strap system as much as their older hoofer models (like the hoofer 3, which I still use).

SInce someone brought up customer service and warranty I have gone through a few bags (some wear out on on the fabric from carrying it) and Ping is great to deal with. Quick and easy replacements and they do it with no questions asked.

BG458
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrt View Post
    Quite a large looking bag.
    The bags constuction is amazing no way you are going rip that top. Thing only weighs 5.5 bounds, thats really lite if you consider you get a rubber top, cooler pocket and a number of other pockets. Also it is so comfortable when you put it on the gel strap easily make the bag feel 2 pounds less. Through some clubs in the bag and then but it on the straps mode to you. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by BG458; 07-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.

5.5 lbs is heavy for a carry bag. Mine is 3.5 lbs. Best strap system out there.

Lob Wedge Bosco is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrt View Post
    Are you speaking of the Sunday x-strap? If you are, is it a bugger trying to put your clubs into? I am interested in it, but cannot find any pictures of the dividers.
    It's now called the swift Junior. 2.65lbs!. The divider is just a four way at the top. Not full length. See link for more info

http://www.sunmountain.com/default.p...3469_3474_3404

Thread Information