CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    5 years...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    how much longer does heatly have on his contract?
    He signed a 6-yr contract at the beginning of the 07-08 season if I'm not mistaken.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The signing of Kovalev makes me think that there is something going with Heatley but Murray insists there is not. He needed another good forward anyways. Chris Neil did not sound enamoured with Heatley's request to leave on TSN today. This is a strange situation, even teamates are not on his side. That makes 2, Spezza and Neil. I am sure Alfie is not pleased either. I would have hoped that we picked up Beauchemin instead of Kovalev, we need that tough D-man more than a forward.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    We need both!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    The signing of Kovalev makes me think that there is something going with Heatley but Murray insists there is not. He needed another good forward anyways. Chris Neil did not sound enamoured with Heatley's request to leave on TSN today. This is a strange situation, even teamates are not on his side. That makes 2, Spezza and Neil. I am sure Alfie is not pleased either. I would have hoped that we picked up Beauchemin instead of Kovalev, we need that tough D-man more than a forward.
    I've got friends in Edmonton who are saying that deal isn't quite dead yet... who knows though, they're engineers.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    We need both, but I'm still convinced this signing was made so that Murray can take a reduced price for Heatley without hurting the team. At this point, while it will suck and be a painful blow to the Sens (as losing a 50 goal scorer always will be) they can get away with a trade for a 3rd line forward and top 4 d-man. Obviously far less than they SHOULD get for Heatley, but given the odd situation, it's probably all they realistically will get. At this point they have to look at it as an opportunity to shed some cap while filling a couple of holes in their lineup.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Chris Neil did not sound enamoured with Heatley's request to leave on TSN today. This is a strange situation, even teamates are not on his side. That makes 2, Spezza and Neil.
    There are now rumours floating around about the real reason Heater wanted to make a quick exit from Ottawa. I guess we'll all find out in time.

I'm not an engineer, but I have a feeling the deal with the OIlers may come back to life.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well I heard on TSN at lunch that heater never said no but did say he needed more time. Apparently that mean to the end of this wee give the Oilers their answer. If it goes through then we will have our other top 6 forward.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    There are now rumours floating around about the real reason Heater wanted to make a quick exit from Ottawa. I guess we'll all find out in time.

I'm not an engineer, but I have a feeling the deal with the OIlers may come back to life.
    and those rumours would be.....?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    and those rumours would be.....?
    I was reluctant to post them lest this thread degenerate.
    I received a phone call from a buddy who knows someone, who knows someone else, who knows Kevin Bacon, and he made mention of said rumours. Subsquently, I found this: http://www.talk-sports.net/nhl/girlf...x/Dany_Heatley

I guess we might find out the real reason(s) in the coming weeks as this soap opera plays out.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Heatley must be on the move, this signing puts the Sens near the top of payroll. I guess if they cannot move Heatley they have to hope he does not show at training camp and suspend him with no pay.

I was told today that he will be with the Sharks this season. Not sure how true that is but we'll wait and see.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I was told today that he will be with the Sharks this season. Not sure how true that is but we'll wait and see.
    Rick - Any idea who might be coming our way??

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Rick - Any idea who might be coming our way??
    No idea, maybe a bag of pucks and a dozen sticks? As I said, I heard that rumour from someone else. I did not start it, I do not start rumours.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

No idea, maybe a bag of pucks and a dozen sticks? As I said, I heard that rumour from someone else. I did not start it, I do not start rumours.

It was a legitimate question, no need go Avery on me

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's Thornton. Then you'll officially have the the most underachieving line in hockey. Spezza centering Kovalev and Thornton. They'll call it the 'Slumber Line'
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    It's Thornton. Then you'll officially have the the most underachieving line in hockey. Spezza centering Kovalev and Thornton. They'll call it the 'Slumber Line'
    Maybe the Leafs new revamped D can shut them down..........they had better hope so because 0-0 games are all they can hope for given that they don't have any O at all

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    That is very funny, none of them will ever see the defensive side of their own blue line No doubt they can score, but will put plenty of pressure on the defense, will be fun to watch 7-6 games

C'mon Rich, Toronto would be glad to have any one, if not all of those guys. Then they could play on the same line as..........um, hmmmmmm, who the heck does Toronto have as forwards anyways these days.....??????????

A couple of weeks ago they were talking about Cheechoo and Ryan Clowe. But since Clowe has sign a contract now maybe the Sharks have change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    A couple of weeks ago they were talking about Cheechoo and Ryan Clowe. But since Clowe has sign a contract now maybe the Sharks have change their mind.
    If they just gave us Clowe I'd do it in a heartbeat

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    heard a rumour today.....Doughty and Frolov for Heatley

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Take that in an instant, not sure the LA team wants to get rid of Doughty though.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Maybe the Leafs new revamped D can shut them down..........they had better hope so because 0-0 games are all they can hope for given that they don't have any O at all
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    C'mon Rich, Toronto would be glad to have any one, if not all of those guys. Then they could play on the same line as..........um, hmmmmmm, who the heck does Toronto have as forwards anyways these days.....??????????
    Toronto's group of so-called 'no names' still managed 33 more goals than your group of overpaid 'studs' last year. Our problem was that we couldn't keep the puck out of our own net. I believe we've addressed that issue in a huge way so far this year.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I doubt it. Assistant GM for LA (Hextall???) was pretty outspoken about Heatley's "character". Can't see them wanting to trade for Heatley after that.

Rumour is that Koivu wants to come back to Montreal. He could be had on the very cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I doubt it. Assistant GM for LA (Hextall???) was pretty outspoken about Heatley's "character". Can't see them wanting to trade for Heatley after that.
    Agreed. Heatley and his agent handled this whole situation very badly, and he and the Sens are paying for it in a big way right now.

Toronto's group of so-called 'no names' still managed 33 more goals than your group of overpaid 'studs' last year. Our problem was that we couldn't keep the puck out of our own net. I believe we've addressed that issue in a huge way so far this year.
    I guess time will tell. The Sens had an off year - the whole team underachieved. Look for a big change this year.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    . well said.
    Still alot of room to breath with the cap. Trading/signing a few forwards is definetly not out of the question either. Plus a few really good young offenssive prospects coming up the next few seasons. Burke is sticking with the plan to build a winner in the next few years( and Fletcher did a great job to give burke a clean slate).
    Really looking forward to this coming season once again.

No chance LA gives up Doughty in that deal.

T.O. was 10th in the leauge in scoring last year. Having 10 NHL defencemen in thier system is a problem every team would love to have.
    Of course T.O. could go back to signing older veterans that are past there prime, but the Sens seem to have grabbed those guys up .

Thread Information