CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    They are good players but boy are they small as a group. Not sure I understand giving up McDonagh for Gomez either, that is a brutal contract. The Sens can't get a bag of pucks for Heatley and yet Gainey gave up a top top prospect for Gomez? The only thing I liked about yesterday's spending by the Habs was that most of the guys have won cups. Still can't believe he'd give Gionta $5M per, but couldn't beat $4.5M for Komisarek? Hal Gill is no replacement, he's terrible.

I am a habs fan too.
    McDonagh is 4-5 years away and they have a tone of young D’s in line. The only thing I dislike about Gomez is his salary. It’s big time $$$$ in a longterm contract. Impossible to compare Lecavalier and Gomez but Vince was not available period. Gomez is small but he plays bigger then his size. Camellerie is small but if you can play and perform in Calgary then you can play anywhere. As for Gionta, he is hot and cold. We’ll see.

Gill is not that bad. He always played against the #1 line during his cup run. If you can play against Ovy, Zetterberg, Stall…I will admin I was not impressed with the aquisition but I’m guessing this signing will help 1 or 2 young D’s like Weber and PK make the big leap.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Stevie will care about the fact that he is NOT playing in the NHL leading up to Christmas.

The only way I can see him on the ice playing for the Sens is if he apologies to Clouston, his teammates and the fans..........and I can't ever see him doing that given the size of his ego.

I hope that Murray sticks to his guns, refuses to trade him and then suspends him without pay when he refuses to report to the team
    I agree that if he is not playing up till Christmas then he will not be a candidate but that was not your point in why Steve Y should not consider him. You pointed out that “character like this is NOT needed on Team Canada. I don't care how talented the dude might be, he might go into a little hissy fit at any time”

In the past Danny was classy. Now he is trash to the Sens fans and now Oilers fans. I’ll take Danny in MTL and on the CDN roster any day. He does not have a history of fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Thanks for posting, I'll be sure to consider your remarks next time I plan on posting something.

Did you ever think he did what he did for a reason??? Instead of being so quick to judge someone why not take a step back and think there may be a more pressing underlying reason. I find it so funny how everyone's a know-it-all critic.....

And as for my statement, I don't believe it to be a rumour. I had it passed on to me from people that are close to the issue. But because of the personal nature of it, I don't feel it's my place to say anything, especially on a golf forum on the internet. I was merely trying to point out that perhaps there is more to it than what is being told in the media.

Would you want someone you don't know spilling personal info about you on the net??? I know I wouldn't.
    I totally agree. It’s unbelievable how judgmental most are on this forum. It’s always bash bash bash without considering any other angle. There are more posts on bashing then posts on admiration. The negativity is overwhelming.

Have you ever asked yourself why so many issues in Ottawa in the past 5+ years. Yet it’s always the players fault. Never the Sens organization.

Bouche
    Wow....Hal Gill is trash..couldnt stand him on the Leafs nor the Pens. He is a big Pylon and all he is good for is shoving people around the boards....he always looks lost on the ice and his acceleration is brutal!

In terms of Heatley, I am glad he got invited to team Canada...He is a superstar and he belongs on the Canadian Team.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    What is interesting is that if Heatley cannot be traded and decides not play for Ottawa or play with no passion he will be judged byYzerman on his performance and if it is sub-par he will not be on the team. If they do that then maybe he will ask that Team Canada trade him too.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    What is interesting is that if Heatley cannot be traded and decides not play for Ottawa or play with no passion he will be judged byYzerman on his performance and if it is sub-par he will not be on the team. If they do that then maybe he will ask that Team Canada trade him too.
    I think its safe to say that goes for anyone who is trying out for team canada.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes Bouche but we will see what kind of player Heatley is if he has to play for Ottawa and play well in order to get on TC. If he refuses to play for Ottawa then obviously there is a serious problem with this guy or he is the most stubborn player ever.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Well in any case he will have to take it all since he will not divulge the reasons, they must be whopping to keep them close to the heart like that. If they are so honorable he should return the $4 million bonus and specifically state the teams he will go to, that would be a sign of good faith. Even better, he can agree with Ottawa to rip up the current contract and then Murray could trade him for fair value and the next team can make their own deal with him. Naw, that is too simple.

Apparently the Sens can file a grievance in regards to the bonus. Seeing as how Heatley's indecision caused the Sens to keep his salary on the books, thus missing out on some free agents, they can file the grievance.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    that would be great!!!

now i am sure he has a reason, of course he has a reason, be it a good one or a bad one, who cares.

point is, if you are going to say, "probably a good reason, and that is all i will say" then don’t say anything. if you have something to say, say it, if it is private, then keep it private, totally private.

What statement did you make that is rumour or not rumour, you didn't day anything, just there is probably a good, reason. not very informative is it

in the end, this guy lives a public life, too bad for him ,but that is a fact, now he has made a public statement to be traded, and will have to live with that decision, for whatever reason

Thanks for posting, I'll be sure to consider your remarks next time I plan on posting something.

Did you ever think he did what he did for a reason??? Instead of being so quick to judge someone why not take a step back and think there may be a more pressing underlying reason. I find it so funny how everyone's a know-it-all critic.....

And as for my statement, I don't believe it to be a rumour. I had it passed on to me from people that are close to the issue. But because of the personal nature of it, I don't feel it's my place to say anything, especially on a golf forum on the internet. I was merely trying to point out that perhaps there is more to it than what is being told in the media.

Would you want someone you don't know spilling personal info about you on the net??? I know I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    that would be great!!!

now i am sure he has a reason, of course he has a reason, be it a good one or a bad one, who cares.

point is, if you are going to say, "probably a good reason, and that is all i will say" then don’t say anything. if you have something to say, say it, if it is private, then keep it private, totally private.

What statement did you make that is rumour or not rumour, you didn't day anything, just there is probably a good, reason. not very informative is it

in the end, this guy lives a public life, too bad for him ,but that is a fact, now he has made a public statement to be traded, and will have to live with that decision, for whatever reason

I will clarify one more time, seeing as how some still don't get it. Everyone was so quick to judge, but no one thought there could be something greater behind his decision. Did he handle it poorly, sure. I'm just saying there could be more to it than the reasons given throughout this thread.

You guys are calling him selfish. Did you ever think that if he stayed it could be a distraction to the team? And no he doesn't live a public life. His choice of career is public, he is still entitled to a private life.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Ok, so to clarify here again,

I am not calling him selfish or not selfish, i was speaking directly to your post. If you have some information then share it so others can be better informed. if you do not have actual information , but rather just think you do, then share it and state it is rumour. if you just want to feel important by thinking you know something, then just keep it to yourself. and finally, if you actually know something, but it is private, then keep it private, don’t' try to be impressive by saying you know something, but then say you wont say more then that.

People always want to try and pretend they know more, are more in the loop, have some insider deal, if you do great , share it, is not, stay quiet.

I will clarify one more time, seeing as how some still don't get it. Everyone was so quick to judge, but no one thought there could be something greater behind his decision. Did he handle it poorly, sure. I'm just saying there could be more to it than the reasons given throughout this thread.

You guys are calling him selfish. Did you ever think that if he stayed it could be a distraction to the team? And no he doesn't live a public life. His choice of career is public, he is still entitled to a private life.

I am not calling him selfish or not selfish, i was speaking directly to your post. If you have some information then share it so others can be better informed. if you do not have actual information , but rather just think you do, then share it and state it is rumour. if you just want to feel important by thinking you know something, then just keep it to yourself. and finally, if you actually know something, but it is private, then keep it private, don’t' try to be impressive by saying you know something, but then say you wont say more then that.

People always want to try and pretend they know more, are more in the loop, have some insider deal, if you do great , share it, is not, stay quiet.

I'll try to be clear one more time, but I'm done with this. No point in talking to a wall.
    My statement wasn't made to "feel important" as you so put it. My statement was to try and open other's eyes to the fact that there could be more than a hockey related situation here. I'm not one to sit behind my computer and bash someone knowing full well that I'll never have to face this person. Nor do I like seeing someone being bashed. It just happened that I overheard some friends talking about this topic, so instead of listening to everyone act like experts, while not knowing all the facts, I thought I'd mention to them that there is more to this than what they know. And because I have, and believe in morals, I don't feel it's my place to say what I know.
    But by all means, continue as you were trashing the guy because you think you know everything about him and his situation.

So I await your reply, I've been around here long enough and have seen enough of your posts to know that you will reply, but I'm not going to waste my time in this thread anymore.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Why does he have to share anything or any information with you? You have no involvement with the Sens, so why do you feel Geoff needs to share personal info on a player with you. Or anyone else for that matter.

I agree with Geoff. There always seems to be a lot of "BASHING" on this forum when someone speaks their mind. You must remember this, this is a "PUBLIC FORUM" and people are entitled to their opinions.

But no, you feel others opinions on matters do not count. Only your own. Bad decision on your part.

As for players going public when they want trades,who cares? It does not and will not effect your personal life. So why worry about it? This trade was a well known fact long before the draft. If the Sens management can not handle the situation then maybe the management team needs a shake up.

I always get a good laugh when I read posts about the Sens. Seems to me there are a lot of guys who feel they have enough hockey smarts to be GM of the Sens.

If you want to "BASH" someone, have the balls to do it in person. Do not hide behind a computer keyboard.

Thanks Geoff for sharing your insight into this matter.

BTW do any of you realize why Heatley wanted to be traded from Atlanta?

Plus it seems to me that when Heatley was lighting it up in the Nation's Capital many of you felt he was a great player and person. No one knows his true reasons for asking for a trade except Heatley and the Sens organization.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    he wanted to be traded from ATL because he killed his best friend
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Actually he wanted to be traded because everyone reminded him he killed his best friend. Same reason different perspective.

I understand that something happened in Ottawa that made him want to leave but I don’t understand why he refused the Edmonton deal. I guess we will never know and fans will continue to bash him despite any reasoning.

Until he clarifies things, yes, that will happen, its a pretty normal reaction for a fan. Murray is not a hard case, if there is another reason behind this drama I am sure Heatley could have gone to Murray and gotten something done. If it so serious that he could not go to Murray then he really put himself in a horrible situation with the way he handled this fiasco.
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Actually I agree with Golfott, this is no different than any of the Redden posts when there was accusations of drug problems. There were a people who basically said "I know, but I can't tell" so don't say anything. Whatever reason they had for those posts, they did nothing for the thread, merely ** people off.

Heatley is a public figure. The fans going to the games, watching it on TV and buying $20 beers at Scotiabank place are paying his $7.5M a year salary. So basically we can say what we want. Maybe Heatley and/or his agent should have a look at this and see what the average fan is thinking.

If the reasons are personal, then he should have brought them up privately with management, and if they could not be worked out, then quietly trade him, Heatley could have then come out, thank the fans for their support and move on. Heatley made this very public by blaming his relationship with the coach, reduced ice time and demotion to the second power play unit. Those were his reasons, not ones made up or alluded to in this forum. He started the "sharing", after that is analysis and moves like turning down the Oilers fans the flames of controversy, making him appear very selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Why does he have to share anything or any information with you? You have no involvement with the Sens, so why do you feel Geoff needs to share personal info on a player with you. Or anyone else for that matter.

I agree with Geoff. There always seems to be a lot of "BASHING" on this forum when someone speaks their mind. You must remember this, this is a "PUBLIC FORUM" and people are entitled to their opinions.

But no, you feel others opinions on matters do not count. Only your own. Bad decision on your part.

As for players going public when they want trades,who cares? It does not and will not effect your personal life. So why worry about it? This trade was a well known fact long before the draft. If the Sens management can not handle the situation then maybe the management team needs a shake up.

I always get a good laugh when I read posts about the Sens. Seems to me there are a lot of guys who feel they have enough hockey smarts to be GM of the Sens.

If you want to "BASH" someone, have the balls to do it in person. Do not hide behind a computer keyboard.

Plus it seems to me that when Heatley was lighting it up in the Nation's Capital many of you felt he was a great player and person. No one knows his true reasons for asking for a trade except Heatley and the Sens organization.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Fair enough. I guess I'm still sensitive from years of people posting about "Redden's extracurricular activites " without actually having the balls to say what they were talking about. If you actually have legitimate insider information that you feel could change our minds, but don't feel comfortable releasing it, I can understand that. (Although, I do sort of agree with golfott in that now all i want to know is what that reason is...it's killing me).

All that said, no matter what the reason for his request, there's no reason for him to go public other than spite. And even then, he would have been better off saving his spite for later, so that he could actually get a trade out of the city.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Of course I liked him when he was lighting up the city. That doesn't make it hypocritical for me to dislike him for the way he's gone about asking for a trade.

I'm sure he has a good reason for wanting out of Ottawa. He must, for him to have put himself through all the crap he's now going to take. However, there's no good reason for going about it the way he did. Let me steal a piece from the Cosby show to illustrate.

Let's say you've got a beautiful steak, topped of with delicious buttery mushrooms. This thing is the king of steaks..the ultimate meal. But, when it comes time to serve it, instead of grabbing a plate, you go around the side of the house, take the lid off a garbage can, turn it over, and serve the steak on the upturned garbage can lid. Not so appetizing now, is it. It's about the presentation. Heatley could have a fantastic reason, but it will be overshadowed by the way he presented it.

as much as it pains me, there is one thing golf bum aid i agree with
    everyone loved heatly here in this city until this happened, and i have been saying that all along, it drives me nuts to hear on the radio not just fans, but the so called experts (kulka and lee versage, you are the ones specifically, talk about how he is just not that good, he was not productive except in a period 2 years ago, ...etc..

you can hate him as a person, or not who cares, but he is a good player,

question though, what exact insight are you thanking geoff for? he provided absolutely no insight, kind of the point of the argument

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Fair enough. I guess I'm still sensitive from years of people posting about "Redden's extracurricular activites " without actually having the balls to say what they were talking about. If you actually have legitimate insider information that you feel could change our minds, but don't feel comfortable releasing it, I can understand that. (Although, I do sort of agree with golfott in that now all i want to know is what that reason is...it's killing me).

All that said, no matter what the reason for his request, there's no reason for him to go public other than spite. And even then, he would have been better off saving his spite for later, so that he could actually get a trade out of the city.

It's good to see some can be reasonable and understand where I'm coming from. But I have to agree, the way he handled himself and this whole situation isn't good. And as for the Oiler deal, I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to go home. Apparently he grew up a mere couple of hours from Edmonton.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    as much as it pains me, there is one thing golf bum aid i agree with
    everyone loved heatly here in this city until this happened, and i have been saying that all along, it drives me nuts to hear on the radio not just fans, but the so called experts (kulka and lee versage, you are the ones specifically, talk about how he is just not that good, he was not productive except in a period 2 years ago, ...etc..

you can hate him as a person, or not who cares, but he is a good player,

question though, what exact insight are you thanking geoff for? he provided absolutely no insight, kind of the point of the argument

Once again your attitude shines through. "As much as it pains me, there is one thing Golfbum said I agree with" (I corrected your spelling mistakes)

If it pains you then why did you make the comment?

I am starting to agree with Sillywilly's comments in regards to you.

As for Geoff, how do you know he did not share his insight with me on a personal basis?

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I really dont care why anymore as long as we get a good deal so he can leave. I would much prefer seeing him play this fall out of necessity to make the Olympic team. I think he would be better received by his teamates especially if they know the true circumstances of this situation. I can see some disappointment in being on the 2nd PP especially when you see Spezza being sent out by Clouston and still gives the puck away. Cloutson also sent out Spezza to kill penalties on a couple of occasions which I hope was just a bad hunch on his part. Dont send out the weakest player on your team when it comes to fighting for the puck on a PK???????????
    Lefty Lucas

oh thank you so much for correcting my spelling mistake, gee what would i do without you

this is why it pained me to agree with you

and if he shared it with you personally, then fine, keep it personal

and i don;t know or care what sillywillys comment was about me, and if you agree great, i know how i feel about you, have for a long time, it is not flattering, but i don't believe you would care, either, so in the end, who cares? no one

Once again your attitude shines through. "As much as it pains me, there is one thing Golfbum said I agree with" (I corrected your spelling mistakes)

If it pains you then why did you make the comment?

I am starting to agree with Sillywilly's comments in regards to you.

As for Geoff, how do you know he did not share his insight with me on a personal basis?

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    oh thank you so much for correcting my spelling mistake, gee what would i do without you

this is why it pained me to agree with you

and if he shared it with you personally, then fine, keep it personal

and i don;t know or care what sillywillys comment was about me, and if you agree great, i know how i feel about you, have for a long time, it is not flattering, but i don't believe you would care, either, so in the end, who cares? no one

This is a reason I dont post much here anymore. Every time it becomes a peeing contest, its great we all have our own opinions but grow up. I did not start this thread so people could bicker back and forth about why Heatley is leaving. this is a thread about free agents and trades made.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    WARNING!

Keep it civil. Anymore snide comments about other people and this will be shut down. Get it back on topic please and take your personal attitudes and impressions about each other elsewhere!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

so rick nash signs to stay in columbus, that is a HUGE lift for that team, they are going to do well over next 3-5 years

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    As a Leaf fan Im pretty happy about the moves Burke has made so far. We finnaly have a top 6 defence that are not full of call ups from the marlies.
    Not sure they are a playoff team yet but still have some room to breath and alot of rumours still floating around that I would love to see happen. A young forward and a back up goalie might get us there this season.

Not to stir the pot (more a devils advocate). As far as Heatly is concerned has anyone considered this as a blessing in disguise ? Big change is inevetable in this situation and might give the Sens a chance to start getting things back on track before (dare I say) they go 40some years without a cup.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    As a Leaf fan Im pretty happy about the moves Burke has made so far. We finnaly have a top 6 defence that are not full of call ups from the marlies.
    Not sure they are a playoff team yet but still have some room to breath and alot of rumours still floating around that I would love to see happen. A young forward and a back up goalie might get us there this season.

Not to stir the pot (more a devils advocate). As far as Heatly is concerned has anyone considered this as a blessing in disguise ? Big change is inevetable in this situation and might give the Sens a chance to start getting things back on track before (dare I say) they go 40some years without a cup.
    The moves the leafs have made so far have certainly made them a bigger, tougher team. still need some skill up front to make them that much better. Not a Leafs fan or a Burke fan but no beating around the bush in what direction they are going.

as for a blessing in disguise...that depends on what they get back and how long this goes on for. think they need change in that room but would have like a few others gone before Heatley.

bbad
    Has anybody seen or heard what's become of Koivu in Montreal? I read an article in le journal that said he wouldn't be playing in Montreal next year but it didn't see where he would be.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thread Information