100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Too late, they already invited the selfish SOB: http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../10002176.html
    Doesn't mean he's a lock for the team. If he ends up staying put and doesn't put out the required effort for the Sens, you can bet that Yzerman will not look favourably on that.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Agreed.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    ok let me get this straight... this guy (one of the top 15 players in the league) is upset because his playing time is going down... who wouldn't be?? it effects his future. If he gets lets minutes or isn't going to be used in a way that gets the most of him and showcases his talent.. he should demand a trade. After all, when his contract is up he is gonna try to get another contract isn't he? he is going to try to get as much money as possible right? won't that be hard to do if he is only scoring 30 goals a season instead of 50+? He is well within his rights to ask for a trade. He didn't once say, if I don't get traded I'm not going to play. He is a good canadian kid and he will give it his all like he always has. As for wanting to sleep on the EDM move, its his right to think it over. maybe he wants to see what his other options are AFTER the sens pay the 4mil as i'm sure he knows more teams will be interested in him.

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, i do however have a problem with these stupid GMs giving NTCs in these huge contracts. When will they learn? Don't hate the playa, hate the game
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Oh, so sign whatevcer you want and dont honor it, that makes sense. He actually was putting up better numbers with the new coach. He also would get more ice time if he did what the coach wanted. He signed a contract, would not try to discuss and iron out the situation with the management and then unilaterally demanded a trade but completely on his own terms, sure he did nothing wrong, what is every one else thinking?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    what do you hab fans think of this one?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283329
    I like it. Especially that this trade was made to lure other UFA like Gionta and Camelleri. Now if Kovy signs I will be anxious for next season.

Habs fan..
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    If I had any respect left for Heatley it is gone now. This dude has an huge set!!

Signs the big multi-million, multi-year extension, demands to be traded and now after Murray was finally able to convince someone to take him he invokes his no movement

I am really getting tired of the inmate running the asylum which is exactly what professional sports is becoming

Oh Yeah, Stevie Y, I hope you are monitoring this..........character like this is NOT needed on Team Canada. I don't care how talented the dude might be, he might go into a little hissy fit at any time
    Steve Y does not care about politics. All he wants is to put the best team on the ice. It’s not like DH has an attitude in the room. It’s not a game behind closed doors, it’s a profession.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I like it. Especially that this trade was made to lure other UFA like Gionta and Camelleri. Now if Kovy signs I will be anxious for next season.

Habs fan..
    They are good players but boy are they small as a group. Not sure I understand giving up McDonagh for Gomez either, that is a brutal contract. The Sens can't get a bag of pucks for Heatley and yet Gainey gave up a top top prospect for Gomez? The only thing I liked about yesterday's spending by the Habs was that most of the guys have won cups. Still can't believe he'd give Gionta $5M per, but couldn't beat $4.5M for Komisarek? Hal Gill is no replacement, he's terrible.

I am a habs fan too.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Steve Y does not care about politics. All he wants is to put the best team on the ice. It’s not like DH has an attitude in the room. It’s not a game behind closed doors, it’s a profession.
    Stevie will care about the fact that he is NOT playing in the NHL leading up to Christmas.

The only way I can see him on the ice playing for the Sens is if he apologies to Clouston, his teammates and the fans..........and I can't ever see him doing that given the size of his ego.

I hope that Murray sticks to his guns, refuses to trade him and then suspends him without pay when he refuses to report to the team

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Stevie will care about the fact that he is NOT playing in the NHL leading up to Christmas.

The only way I can see him on the ice playing for the Sens is if he apologies to Clouston, his teammates and the fans..........and I can't ever see him doing that given the size of his ego.

I hope that Murray sticks to his guns, refuses to trade him and then suspends him without pay when he refuses to report to the team

If most of you knew what is probably the reasoning behind this request, you might think differently of Heatly...... and that is all I'm going to say.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    ok let me get this straight... this guy (one of the top 15 players in the league) is upset because his playing time is going down... who wouldn't be?? it effects his future. If he gets lets minutes or isn't going to be used in a way that gets the most of him and showcases his talent.. he should demand a trade. After all, when his contract is up he is gonna try to get another contract isn't he? he is going to try to get as much money as possible right? won't that be hard to do if he is only scoring 30 goals a season instead of 50+? He is well within his rights to ask for a trade. He didn't once say, if I don't get traded I'm not going to play. He is a good canadian kid and he will give it his all like he always has. As for wanting to sleep on the EDM move, its his right to think it over. maybe he wants to see what his other options are AFTER the sens pay the 4mil as i'm sure he knows more teams will be interested in him.

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, i do however have a problem with these stupid GMs giving NTCs in these huge contracts. When will they learn? Don't hate the playa, hate the game

Heatley needs to man up and rise to a challenge for once, instead of running away from his problems when things get a little tough.

First of all, his ice time suffered because he was playing like crap. If he was playing like the star he is, he would have got the ice time he deserved. He feels entitled to ice time that he should have to earn.

He is definitely within his rights to ask for a trade. But to demand a trade publicly is an asshole move that puts the Sens in a terrible position. The mature thing to do would have been to tell Brian Murray privately that he wanted a trade. That way Murray has a chance of making a decent trade. At this point, everybody knows that he doesn't want to be here, which makes it hard to get a decent price in return. If Heatley doesn't go public with his demand, the situation improves for the Sens and for Heatley. The sens have a chance at a trade, and he doesn't present himself to the world as a huge self centred idiot.

Third, beggars can't be choosers. He signed a contract to play with Ottawa, and now wants out. He better damn well be willing to go where the Sens choose to send him. The idea that the Sens should be forced to honour his contract, giving him a $4 million dollar bonus and giving him the final say over any trade, while he has no responsibility to honour the committment that HE made to the Sens to play for them, is completely non-sensical.

Basically, Heatley has not been acting in good faith, and deserves every nasty word that is sent his way. He's acting like a complete punk, who feels the world ane everyone in it exists for the sole purpose of making him happy. They don't, and I dearly hope the sens dig in their heals and teach him a lesson. Let him play out his contract in Binghamton.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    If most of you knew what is probably the reasoning behind this request, you might think differently of Heatly...... and that is all I'm going to say.
    There may well be a fantastic reason for him wanting out of Ottawa. But that doesn't excuse the way in which he went about asking for a trade. I bear no grudge against him for deciding that Ottawa is not a good place for him to be. We all have to make decisions like that in our own lives. The way he went about it is, however, inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    There may well be a fantastic reason for him wanting out of Ottawa. But that doesn't excuse the way in which he went about asking for a trade. I bear no grudge against him for deciding that Ottawa is not a good place for him to be. We all have to make decisions like that in our own lives. The way he went about it is, however, inexcusable.

Maybe so, but the circumstances surrounding it could very well be the reason for the way he went about asking for a trade.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Doubt it since he did a similar thing in Atlanta when the going got tough. They should bench his ass and make him watch from the press box until he will agree to a trade to anywhere.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Short of a life threatening reason, there is no excuse on earth for the way HE has handled this. There is no excuse for the position he has put the Sens in. He seems to have forgotten that the Sens were willing to take a chance on him after all his troubles. Even if they have to keep him and I hope they don't have to, he will never garner respected here again, not even with a 75 goal season! He is a selfish, young, spoiled millionaire of which there are far too many in todays professional sports.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Maybe so, but the circumstances surrounding it could very well be the reason for the way he went about asking for a trade.
    Whatever it was, it was dumb. If he wanted to pick and choose exactly where he went, the smart thing would have been to have Murray do it quietly. If he wants to stick it to the Sens and deflate his value to the point that they get nothing for him, why would the Sens bother trading him at all? His strategy is stupid.

I can't see any situation that would necessitate him going to the media instead of the GM with his request.

I can't see any situation that would necessitate him going to the media instead of the GM with his request.
    The only reason I can see him going to the press that is 'valid' is if he has been asking for a trade and Murray is saying 'no'. All I can say to that is good on Sens Management for saying no! What he did hurt both the Sens and his value.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I fail to see how willfully making oneself into a persona non grata by decimating his public image could serve anyone's purposes, unless his goal is to screw over the Sens at his own expense. The fact that it has become a public spectacle serves no other purpose. He has devalued himself, and given the whole league impression he is prone to acting in bad faith if he feels it serves his self interest. The fact he has asked for a trade, and then was picky about where he gets traded to only compounds that perception.
    Wannabe Golf

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Whatever it was, it was dumb. If he wanted to pick and choose exactly where he went, the smart thing would have been to have Murray do it quietly. If he wants to stick it to the Sens and deflate his value to the point that they get nothing for him, why would the Sens bother trading him at all? His strategy is stupid.
    It is a conspiracy by the Spezza camp to take the 'heat' off of their player

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    and that reason would be......??????????/

enquiring minds want to know
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Murray is doing a poor job in my opinion, the only UFA he signed was Neil and he overpaid for him when he had Bass in the wings. He should have gone after Gionta. This team is loaded with average d-men and with Heatley leaving or not playing its obvious that we will have another disappointing team. Murray has to be a genius trading this summer or it will be a long regular season until the playoffs start when it will abruptly end.
    Murry said today he was going after a couple big names, but not knowing what was going on with Dany he had to drop out. over paid for sure on Neil but 5+ for gionta would be worse.

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    I can not stand it when people post worthless pieces of junk like this.

if you have something to say, say it, if not dont bother.

don't pretend like you have some really informative piece of inside information, then say "that is all i am going to say" just stay quiet then!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    I fail to see how willfully making oneself into a persona non grata by decimating his public image could serve anyone's purposes, unless his goal is to screw over the Sens at his own expense. The fact that it has become a public spectacle serves no other purpose. He has devalued himself, and given the whole league impression he is prone to acting in bad faith if he feels it serves his self interest. The fact he has asked for a trade, and then was picky about where he gets traded to only compounds that perception.
    Big lesson to be learned here folks. Don't spend money on expensive jerseys with names and numbers on the back (unless they're velcro ). There are very few players left that have any kind of team allegiance anymore. Hockey players are contractors. Their agents will find them the highest bidder, and then insist on NTC's and NMC's so that they can do whatever they want.

Kudos to Chris Neil for staying put. Yes, he got a load of cash too, but he could have got even more to sign with Toronto and go back to his hometown.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post

don't pretend like you have some really informative piece of inside information, then say "that is all i am going to say" just stay quiet then!!!
    I wouldn't say anything either because at this point it's an unconfirmed rumour.

Either way, it's still a crappy way to handle a trade request, and an even worse way to handle the trade itself. I feel bad for Edmonton. One of the best hockey cities in the world, and everyone's treating them like they have the plague.

I have to agree...these kinds of posts always get on my nerves. If you're going to chime in, tell us what the rumour is. Be clear that is a rumour, and not a fact....don't misrepresent it...but explain it. There's no point in just saying "if you knew what was really going on, you wouldn't say that," and then failing to explain what is really going on. Unless you're his lawyer or doctor and there's some kind of ethical code (in which case you probably shouldn't say anything in the first place) then you might as well spill the beans.

I have to agree...these kinds of posts always get on my nerves. If you're going to chime in, tell us what the rumour is. Be clear that is a rumour, and not a fact....don't misrepresent it...but explain it. There's no point in just saying "if you knew what was really going on, you wouldn't say that," and then failing to explain what is really going on. Unless you're his lawyer or doctor and there's some kind of ethical code (in which case you probably shouldn't say anything in the first place) then you might as well spill the beans.
    Thanks for posting, I'll be sure to consider your remarks next time I plan on posting something.

Did you ever think he did what he did for a reason??? Instead of being so quick to judge someone why not take a step back and think there may be a more pressing underlying reason. I find it so funny how everyone's a know-it-all critic.....

And as for my statement, I don't believe it to be a rumour. I had it passed on to me from people that are close to the issue. But because of the personal nature of it, I don't feel it's my place to say anything, especially on a golf forum on the internet. I was merely trying to point out that perhaps there is more to it than what is being told in the media.

Would you want someone you don't know spilling personal info about you on the net??? I know I wouldn't.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    IMO, the no trade clause should be voided once a player asked to be traded. That would solve all this BS.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That may be true Geoff and I for one thought it was very odd and seemed out of character but wanting out and then putting his own needs and wants in front of everything else has shaded this. If his "reason" is so rightous then we should all know it by now and the Sens would have done everything to help him out. he vetoes the Edmonton deal so now we wonder even more about his motives.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    agreed Luc. If he really wants out, he would have accepted a trade anywhere. Turning down Edm. just makes him look like a selfish baby.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Well in any case he will have to take it all since he will not divulge the reasons, they must be whopping to keep them close to the heart like that. If they are so honorable he should return the $4 million bonus and specifically state the teams he will go to, that would be a sign of good faith. Even better, he can agree with Ottawa to rip up the current contract and then Murray could trade him for fair value and the next team can make their own deal with him. Naw, that is too simple.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information