100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Last edited by mberube; 07-10-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I was just about to post that. A word of warning, there is some colourful language.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Niiiiice!!! LMAOROFLPMP!!!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    That was funny...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Funniest thing I've seen in quite some time... awesome!
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Great creativity. Loved it.

Canadiens sign mara to one-year contract

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Rumours have Edmonton interested in Kessel. Could we maybe see a sign and trade with Ottawa? This is pure speculation, obviously, but an interesting possibility.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i would trade kessel straight up for heatly.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    It would take Kessel, and a D-man and a pick to equal Heatley right now.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

i wouldn't want that much back because we need to dump cap space, kovalev and kessel would more than make up for heatly... to get a Dman and a pick... that would add a lot of $$ to the already over the cap sens
    willy

Heatley for Kessel would be a great straight up trade at this point. Assuming Kessel is signed in the 4-5 mil range, we save cap space and get a legit top 6 forward in return. Would I have made that trade 6 months ago? No way. But the Sens have to face the reality that it is NOT six months ago. They're in a bad situation and have to make the best of it. Getting a top 6 forward for Heatley and saving some money is a good trade at this point.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Heatley for Kessel would be a great straight up trade at this point. Assuming Kessel is signed in the 4-5 mil range, we save cap space and get a legit top 6 forward in return. Would I have made that trade 6 months ago? No way. But the Sens have to face the reality that it is NOT six months ago. They're in a bad situation and have to make the best of it. Getting a top 6 forward for Heatley and saving some money is a good trade at this point.
    Not gonna happen. Boston was originally looking at Kaberle because he's under contract already at less than market value for his skillset, especially going into a projected cap decrease for next year. A deal like that would give them some much needed space to re-sign Lucic who's rookie deal goes RFA after this season. He's going to get a big contract. A Heatley $7.5M cap hit would handcuff them for a lot of years, and possibly put them in danger of losing Lucic to a qualifying offer. Not a smart move for a team that looks like it's trying to save money this year in anticipation of a smaller cap in 09/10.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Sorry, I guess I was unclear....and a little off base in my initial post. I meant that perhaps Edmonton would pick him up, then trade him off to Ottawa. I referred to it as a sign and trade, but really it would be more of a trade and trade as Kessel is restricted. So, Kessel goes to Edmonton in return for something, and then Edmonton turns around and trades Kessel to Ottawa for Heatley. Does that make a bit more sense?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Sorry, I guess I was unclear....and a little off base in my initial post. I meant that perhaps Edmonton would pick him up, then trade him off to Ottawa. I referred to it as a sign and trade, but really it would be more of a trade and trade as Kessel is restricted. So, Kessel goes to Edmonton in return for something, and then Edmonton turns around and trades Kessel to Ottawa for Heatley. Does that make a bit more sense?
    Doesn't really make much sense to me. Murray was happy with Edmonton's original offer, it is Dany who is preventing that deal from going down. Trading Kessel back to Ottawa doesn't really do anything to make Dany want to take his ball and move to the City of Champions.\

That said, Kessel would like good in Sens colours

The way I understand the initial edmonton deal was that heatley didn't reject it straight up, but wanted more time to think of it as it wasn't on his list of cities. When he hadn't ok'd it by midnight, the deal then had to change, as Murray wanted his 4 million back. The deal would still have to go through heatley, but I don't think he has ever said he wouldn't play in Edmonton.

Either way, for Ottawa to move Heatley, Murray is going to have to lower his expectations.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Either way, for Ottawa to move Heatley, Murray is going to have to lower his expectations.
    I don't know, I wouldn't give him away, he still has value. They could always play him, let him build his profile back up over the season, and then try and deal him at the trade deadline. Seems really shortsighted just to give him away right now, it's not like the Sens are Cup contenders.

I'm not saying give him away, but right now Murray wants too much to be able to move him. If he can do a one for one trade for a legit top 4-6 forward, and dump at least a couple mil in salary, that's a good trade. If the season started right now, they wouldn't be able to start a full lineup because of their cap.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Hate to say this 9 days after laughing at Gainey and considering how much I hate the Canadians, but they are starting to put together a decent squad and if Ottawa does move Heatly at this point. Its gonna have to be for a impact player or two. The division is starting to pull away from them fast ( on paper of course).

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    All they have to do is move Jason Smith to Binghamton and they'll be under the cap. Ottawa has to build some leverage back to get a decent deal for Heatley, Murray shouldn't settle for less than what Heatley will be worth to the team that gets him.

i just heard that savard is getting traded for dubinsky!!! If this is true, what is boston doing? Dubinsky was COLD during the second half of the season. I guess they need a C for gaborik to play well. Any truth to this rumor?
    willy

And were does that rumor coming from? There is no sign anywhere on the net.

Mike

a friend of a friend is a scout for BOS and they really want dubinsky as they really watched him coming up. They are in a cap crunch and it makes sense if they can get NY to throw in a draft pick or another player. Saves them 4.5m this year if they make this trade
    willy

Thread Information