Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
They are good players but boy are they small as a group. Not sure I understand giving up McDonagh for Gomez either, that is a brutal contract. The Sens can't get a bag of pucks for Heatley and yet Gainey gave up a top top prospect for Gomez? The only thing I liked about yesterday's spending by the Habs was that most of the guys have won cups. Still can't believe he'd give Gionta $5M per, but couldn't beat $4.5M for Komisarek? Hal Gill is no replacement, he's terrible.

I am a habs fan too.
McDonagh is 4-5 years away and they have a tone of young D’s in line. The only thing I dislike about Gomez is his salary. It’s big time $$$$ in a longterm contract. Impossible to compare Lecavalier and Gomez but Vince was not available period. Gomez is small but he plays bigger then his size. Camellerie is small but if you can play and perform in Calgary then you can play anywhere. As for Gionta, he is hot and cold. We’ll see.

Gill is not that bad. He always played against the #1 line during his cup run. If you can play against Ovy, Zetterberg, Stall…I will admin I was not impressed with the aquisition but I’m guessing this signing will help 1 or 2 young D’s like Weber and PK make the big leap.