+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar

NHL free agency/Trades

what do you hab fans think of this one?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283329

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Forget that. Bowumeester to the flames! Flames fans must just be ecstatic about their defence for next year. Scary good!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I predict a team plus/minus for Calgary of about +220
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Forget that. Bowumeester to the flames! Flames fans must just be ecstatic about their defence for next year. Scary good!
    Not sure who will score goals for them. $27 M for a goalie and 6 defencemen... + Iginla at $7 and Jokinen and Langkow at $10... about $10 left for the other 9 forwards... Yikes!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

TSN reporting Heatley asked to waive no trade to go to Edmonton. coming back is Cogliano, Penner. and Ladislav Smid
    Last edited by Mattchew; 07-01-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Heatley for a bucket of pucks.

Well, Brian Murray has saved his job for a little while by not paying the $4 million to Heater.

We'll see what difference this makes in the long run I guess...or the first 10 games.

Cogliano: Career Oilers/NHL Stats: 164 GP 36-47-83 42 PIM

Fallys
    aka Scott

Well Heatley refused to waive the no trade that would have sent him to Emonton!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283382

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Well Heatley refused to waive the no trade that would have sent him to Emonton!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283382
    If I had any respect left for Heatley it is gone now. This dude has an huge set!!

Signs the big multi-million, multi-year extension, demands to be traded and now after Murray was finally able to convince someone to take him he invokes his no movement

I am really getting tired of the inmate running the asylum which is exactly what professional sports is becoming

Oh Yeah, Stevie Y, I hope you are monitoring this..........character like this is NOT needed on Team Canada. I don't care how talented the dude might be, he might go into a little hissy fit at any time

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    if i had any respect left for heatley it is gone now. This dude has an huge set!!

Signs the big multi-million, multi-year extension, demands to be traded and now after murray was finally able to convince someone to take him he invokes his no movement

I am really getting tired of the inmate running the asylum which is exactly what professional sports is becoming

oh yeah, stevie y, i hope you are monitoring this..........character like this is not needed on team canada. I don't care how talented the dude might be, he might go into a little hissy fit at any time
    +1
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    If I had any respect left for Heatley it is gone now. This dude has an huge set!!

Can't agree more ... I lied Heatley until this episode.... He is done in Ottawa from a fan's perspetive
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Dany didn't say no, Dany just didn't say yes either. Dany wanted to sleep on it, is that too much to ask? This is about Dany examining Dany's options and wanting to feel comfortable with the situation Dany is heading into. Dany has a lot on his plate right now, there are many things for Dany to consider. Dany will get back to everyone once Dany has Dannyed his Dany.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Dany taking some heat. Dany had too much sun this summer. Dany in a mess.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    If Dany were part of this board HE would be the Board Idiot!!!

no offense Bob

Maybe Emery wasn't the problem in the room after all....nah...he was still a douche. But maybe he had accomplices.

Regardless, this is either Heater being an arse, or the media jumped on this trade before it was official (which is what it sounds like). I'm not defending Heatley, but it does seem ridiculous that the deal is "official" and then Heatley or his agent release a statement to say they are sleeping on it.

Maybe I was too quick in thinking that Bryan Murray found some job security! lol

Fally
    aka Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    If Dany were part of this board HE would be the Board Idiot!!!

no offense Bob
    I take offense to that young man! He is no where near the idiot I am and never will be

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Oh my god. Dany Heathly has taken over Spackler's account. I had no idea he was a hacker!
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Dany didn't say no, Dany just didn't say yes either. Dany wanted to sleep on it, is that too much to ask? This is about Dany examining Dany's options and wanting to feel comfortable with the situation Dany is heading into. Dany has a lot on his plate right now, there are many things for Dany to consider. Dany will get back to everyone once Dany has Dannyed his Dany.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hossa goes to Chicago!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Murray is doing a poor job in my opinion, the only UFA he signed was Neil and he overpaid for him when he had Bass in the wings. He should have gone after Gionta. This team is loaded with average d-men and with Heatley leaving or not playing its obvious that we will have another disappointing team. Murray has to be a genius trading this summer or it will be a long regular season until the playoffs start when it will abruptly end.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Can't agree more ... I lied Heatley until this episode.... He is done in Ottawa from a fan's perspetive
    I didnt know Ottawa had fans

where are they at cap wise? are they right up against it? If so it doesn't leave him much room to manouever. As for Neil, I also think he overpaid for him. But he can't win, if he didn't people would say the Sens weren't tough enough and should have signed him.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Right now the Sens have just under $3M available.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=23

Bouche
    so the habs could not get lecavalier so they settled with Gomez.....not sure what they were thinking....welcome to the bottow of the east Montreal

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Murray had plenty of time to dump or trade players before the draft to open up some money so he could go after a guy like Gionta.

As for Heatley it is kinda funny to see the Rangers make a decision to sign Gaborik instead of dealing for Heatley, I am sure Tortarella had something to do with that scenario. Why sign a potential problem when you can get real scoring punch with Gaborik and no head aches.

Heatley has really done damage to his reputation, I cannot see how it would have been more difficult to work things out. He will quickly become another former Sen who will be booed every time he touches the puck.

Question, if he refuses to show up at Training Camp can he be suspended? I hope the Sens really play the waiting game and make him play and suffer this season. If he is a true professional he will play hard, if he does not his name and reputation will dwindle substantially. I really hope he does not play for Team Canada next Olympics either, we need character guys, not selfish ones.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Murray had plenty of time to dump or trade players before the draft to open up some money so he could go after a guy like Gionta.

As for Heatley it is kinda funny to see the Rangers make a decision to sign Gaborik instead of dealing for Heatley, I am sure Tortarella had something to do with that scenario. Why sign a potential problem when you can get real scoring punch with Gaborik and no head aches.

Heatley has really done damage to his reputation, I cannot see how it would have been more difficult to work things out. He will quickly become another former Sen who will be booed every time he touches the puck.

Question, if he refuses to show up at Training Camp can he be suspended? I hope the Sens really play the waiting game and make him play and suffer this season. If he is a true professional he will play hard, if he does not his name and reputation will dwindle substantially. I really hope he does not play for Team Canada next Olympics either, we need character guys, not selfish ones.
    That's one good thing about Team Canada. They can actually get along just fine without him. Let him go play for Germany.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Gaborik will be a flop in NY. He will be injured half the time, as he was in MN.

There was talk on TSN that his injuries played less of a part than other issues there. Usually a fresh start can do wonders for a player. He is very talented but he is prone to injury. Heatley would have fit better in NY.
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    There's no sense "dumping" players if you get nothing in return and it's hard to sign someone with no cap space. As for Neil, it was either Toronto or the Rangers who offered him more money, he stayed here for less, although I agree, 2M a season is too much for a player like Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Too late, they already invited the selfish SOB: http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../10002176.html
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Bouche
    nice to see andy mcdonald in the list of forwards

Thread Information