100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaft

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar

Shaft

I hear the shaft makes the difference. Just wondering what would be the benefits of changing the shaft in my Driver. CGB R7 Superfast 45g Stiff. I hit it well when I do hit it but spray it on occassion. Don't hit it as far as with my Burner but more consistent. Have a FUJI E380S 65g shaft thinking on installing. YOur wisdom appreciated.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    I hear the shaft makes the difference. Just wondering what would be the benefits of changing the shaft in my Driver. CGB R7 Superfast 45g Stiff. I hit it well when I do hit it but spray it on occassion. Don't hit it as far as with my Burner but more consistent. Have a FUJI E380S 65g shaft thinking on installing. YOur wisdom appreciated.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    For me, the most important characteristic in the shaft is the weight. I simply cannot hit sub 70-gram shafts consistently.

The Fuji may or may not work better for you. The only way to know is to try it out.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I'm not worried about distance but I was told the spraying is due to the lightness of the shaft. Is there any shaft you would recommend? Dleber told me a whiteboard but can't afford that.

I would try the Fuji first since you already have it. Also, make sure that the assembled club length is not longer than 44.5".

Thanks. and good luck tommorow.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Scott, have you used a shaft in a driver before where you liked the feel and it seemed not to spray? Perhaps a stiffer tip shaft and a little heavier would result in more control. Perhaps the Aldila NV would fit the bill. It also has a higher kick point which may give you a better trajectory.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

you would know better than me? I just go by what other GOOD golfers say. Just had it on my mind. You've seen my Driver...what do you think? Tiried the Matrix Oz and liked it at a fitting. Can't really remember the Fuji. It would be coming off the burner. I believe it's 43.5 in length
    Last edited by XTOUR; 06-29-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: info

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    In looking at your ball flight I would say that you would benefit from a stiffer tip and heavier shaft. This would lower your flight and give you more control. One shaft that comes to mind is the UST V2 shaft 65g. I tried it and it has a nice feel and I am sure you would like it. There have been a few for ale on this forum, I had 2 for sale earlier in the year wiht the .335 tip that you need. Perhaps you should post a WTB thread for that shaft.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrt
    So a heavier shaft will benefit a higher swing speed? or is weight not a factor to swing speed?
    Last edited by Arrt; 07-31-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: reworded

There's no real correlation between a heavier shaft and swingspeed. Some people like a lighter shaft, others like a heavier one.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrt View Post
    So a heavier shaft will benefit a higher swing speed? or is weight not a factor to swing speed?
    A heavier shaft will benefit a physically sronger player with a more agressive swing, especially in the transition from the top of the back swing.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Xtour has a really aggressive transition, you can tell he has played a lot of baseball. A heavier shaft, with low torque and a stiff tip would really help him with control in my non professional opinion. A V2 would prob work well. I can't remember your trajectory but I didn't think it was very high, more low and boring so maybe something that still has some feel in the tip. An accra 70* would be nice, but big bucks unfortunately.
    Last edited by dbleber; 08-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The V2 gets my vote on this one also.Just starting to experiment with different shafts and it seems that overall price and quality this is it.A while ago i posted on a Nakashima driver with a reg. Taylor Made shaft that was launching the ball way too high(15 deg.)and decided to try a V2 reg. in it.It has made such a difference its incredible.A lot of the forum members had told me not to waste my time on this but it was worth it for sure.It all comes down to a personal preference but its fun when you can get the right combo.

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    The Burner is longer as it likely has a 46" playing length...Another TM marketing gimmick.

This is also the reason it is more inconsistent than the R7.

What do you want out of your driver.

Do you want to be more consistent? Consider a heavier shaft.....possibly at a shorter playing length.

2 Iron SkinDawg is on a distinguished road
    If you were to go V2 , why go for a 65 gram with higher torque? Get a 75 gram V2 , I believe the torque is in the low 2's if I'm not mistaken. That would most likely help you keep it a little straighter.

Thread Information