100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ty Tryon?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Ty Tryon?

I recall that Ty Tryon's (or his parents') decision to go pro at such an early age was a topic of much debate. People suggested that his maturity level wasn't there, while others said that if his game was there, maturity didn't matter. Skip finishing high school, make your bucks on the PGA Tour.

Well, next thing I heard was that young Mr. Tryon was bringing an entourage with him that may well have rivalled the "posse" of Snoop Doggy Dogg. He quickly became the laughing stock of radio talk shows, and vanished into obscurity.

Does anyone know where this kid is playing now? Has the decision his parents made for him come back to bite him in the *****?

thanks.
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I recall that Ty Tryon's (or his parents') decision to go pro at such an early age was a topic of much debate. People suggested that his maturity level wasn't there, while others said that if his game was there, maturity didn't matter. Skip finishing high school, make your bucks on the PGA Tour.

Well, next thing I heard was that young Mr. Tryon was bringing an entourage with him that may well have rivalled the "posse" of Snoop Doggy Dogg. He quickly became the laughing stock of radio talk shows, and vanished into obscurity.

Does anyone know where this kid is playing now? Has the decision his parents made for him come back to bite him in the *****?

thanks.
    Dan
    Googled him. He is on the Nationwide tour:

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en/tour/...?PID=28&Tour=8

Andru

thanks.
    Dan
    It's too early to tell but I'm sure he'd be having more fun in College right now.

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    It's too early to tell but I'm sure he'd be having more fun in College right now.
    Hmmm lets see: Number of Nationwide events entered 8, number of cuts made 1, best finish 61st, total earnings $1425.00 ... yup definatly more fun in College.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Hmmm lets see: Number of Nationwide events entered 8, number of cuts made 1, best finish 61st, total earnings $1425.00 ... yup definatly more fun in College.
    Wow, so he hasn't even made enough money to pay for college. Heck, it wouldn't have even covered my bar tab for a semester!!! I had my suspicions that this would happen, as did pretty much everyone else. Oh well, that's why parents shouldn't ever become their kids' agent.

Dan

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Heck, it wouldn't have even covered my bar tab for a semester!!!
    Dan
    That would not have even covered my Poutine Tab! He's probably made lots of money through endorsements!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar

2003 PGA money...

Well he did make a little over $100,000 last year

http://inquiry.pgatourhq.com/stats/r_110.html

Sand Wedge McCarlie is on a distinguished road McCarlie's Avatar
    I am sure that we probably can't get an accurate depiction of his earnings since he left school, but I am sure he isn't making nearly as much as he (or his parents) hoped for, once you include all the expenses. Myself, being a University student, can not imagine giving it up, at such a young age. To me, you can't put a price tag on a good education, self worth, and a solid stepping stone to growing a family. But I am not in his shoes, but I guess that's why I owe $20,000 to Student Loans, and he is up a few bucks.

I would imagine an entourage of 11 people has to cost a pretty penny. I hope he's not still travelling with that many cling-ons in his group....

Dan

Big_duck
    I would imagine an entourage of 11 people has to cost a pretty penny. I hope he's not still travelling with that many cling-ons in his group....

Dan
    It's spelt Klingon you Terran Scum!

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Sounds a lot like when everyone criticized Justin Rose for turning pro at a young age. In 9 events Rose has made over 500k this year, so it can be done, it just takes time.

Let's face it, school isn't for everyone.

On the other hand, I once saw Ty Tryon try to throw a football at a pro-am he was in with John Elway. Tryon's arm action looked like what I would imagine Jacko's arm action would look like while riding the unicorns at Neverland.

This is the real reason he opted out of college.

That, & he's dumb as a post.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Ty went through a kind of sickness after he got his PGA card and that kept him away for a long time when he was playing his best golf, His sickness would have kept him away from attending college too. He was away from public for a while and I hope he puts his game together and reaches his dreams.

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    Ty went through a kind of sickness after he got his PGA card and that kept him away for a long time when he was playing his best golf, His sickness would have kept him away from attending college too. He was away from public for a while and I hope he puts his game together and reaches his dreams.

He had mono ... would have kept him out of class, but not college.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mr shank
    Sounds a lot like when everyone criticized Justin Rose for turning pro at a young age. In 9 events Rose has made over 500k this year, so it can be done, it just takes time.

Let's face it, school isn't for everyone.
    No, but growing up and enjoying your youth is...I can't imagine working away my youth, I'm too disgruntled working away my middle age.

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    No, but growing up and enjoying your youth is...I can't imagine working away my youth, I'm too disgruntled working away my middle age.
    Amen brother! Who was it that said "Youth is wasted on the young."?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I have no pitty for him, read this, he's making $1 million in endorsements:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...ife_of_reilly/
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    I have no pitty for him, read this, he's making $1 million in endorsements:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...ife_of_reilly/

He was in 2001...hopefully he saved the money.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr shank

Correction, when Justin Rose first became pro...he couldn't make a cut if he bought one. I felt sorry for the guy because he was star struck after the British Open a few years back.

Thread Information