100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    guyinottawa

Will Pineview be sold?

Has anyone heard rumors that a group of business men are making an offer to completely rebuild Pineview? I have heard conflicting rumors on this.

I know that Pineview is on NCC property and not sure if NCC is into selling it...

Any insight?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    Has anyone heard rumors that a group of business men are making an offer to completely rebuild Pineview? I have heard conflicting rumors on this.

I know that Pineview is on NCC property and not sure if NCC is into selling it...

Any insight?
    I have not heard anything but that would be great if these bidness men made Pineview a kick***** course especially so close to downtown
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Who knows... Maybe they'll turn it into a golf course!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    Pineview is NOT owned by the NCC. The course was solely owned by the City of Gloucester before amalgamation, and is now owned by the City of Ottawa. The land is leased from the NCC and forms the western edge of the Greenbelt in the east end. It is very unlikely that the NCC would SELL the land.

However, the city specifically identified a sale of the course as a possibility in the Program Review process undertaken prior to the budget. Presumably they could sell it with the existing lease from the NCC in place, or form a public-private partnership to have someone else renovate/operate it. In any case, it is the City of Ottawa that will make the final decision rather than the NCC.
    Last edited by el tigre; 05-19-2004 at 02:14 PM.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Oh well, if the "City of Ottawa" is involved, you can rest assured that nothing productive or beneficial will be done. Those fat-cats will just give themselves a pension increase, or a salary increase, then raise taxes. :shake

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Big Duffer
    is there a restriction of what the land can be used for.. I have heard it will be bought and turned into another housing development.. that would be a shame.. while not the best course out there.. it sure comes in handy once in a while.. and its a great place to bring someone new to the game..

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Duffer
    is there a restriction of what the land can be used for.. I have heard it will be bought and turned into another housing development.. that would be a shame.. while not the best course out there.. it sure comes in handy once in a while.. and its a great place to bring someone new to the game..
    I believe it is part of the greenbelt, so the answered would be no.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Hey, I am gonna take two seconds and stick up for Pineview since everyone seems to be bashing the course. The course is currently undergoing some great changes. Two years the staff was revamped and some excellent people were brought in to turn the place around. A new general manager and super intendant. They are working really hard on drainage and getting the course in better shape. As far as what people read in the paper about the courses financial difficulties, don't believ everything you read in the Ottawa Sun. Anyway thats all I have to say, the course has a good lay out and with some work has some potential. Cheers.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I always did like Hole #10.

Thread Information