CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just wondering

Hybrid Drive4show is on a distinguished road Drive4show's Avatar

Just wondering

Whats the best "trash talking" said or heard on the course?

Before a round with my brother-in-law, when stepping up to the first tee, I told him "You know there is no way your going to beat me today right... cause you have to putt on every hole!"

his responce to me was "I know you have all the shots... too bad you don't know which one your hitting next."
    Forget your opponents; always play against par. And if that does not work, carry an eraser.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    There are some (I am not one of them) who prefer the less obvious, but much more effective, indirect approach. For example: "Great shot. It's amazing how you consistently hit the ball while your right knee collapses to the right. That must take a lot of practice." The next thing you know, the poor guy will start thinking about his right knee during the swing with abysmal results.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I have somewhat of an unothodox swing with a very slow backswing. While in Vancouver a few weeks ago a stranger I got paired up with asked me (just after I had teed off) if I had been watching any of the Charles Barkley series.

Got him back though. A few holes later after I mentioned how important chipping around the green was he suddenly skulled all the rest of his that game. Including at least four times on one of the holes.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ask any business owner "So how'd you make out on your taxes this year?"

I have seen this one have both a fast and a slow fuse... On the same guy. I was telling one buddy how "the victim" got so messed up before about it. I wanted to demonstate the effect so I dropped the 'tax bomb', but nothing happened. No reaction at all. I shrugged and said to the first guy how suprised I was.

Apparently it just needed time to steep. On the next tee the victim starts ranting on about the f'n taxes this and rip-off that - and tops his tee shot. We lost it right there.
    It was way better than if it had worked right away.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-26-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar
    A couple of weeks ago my partner and I got ourselves in a bit of a hole against two gentlemen we were playing match play against. I had only met the guys once before so I wasn't too cocky with the zingers. We ended up being down a ridiculous amount of money after way too many beers and a press here and a press there, etc. I'm lining up a 12 foot par putt to halve a hole and one of them standing beside me says: "So how does this work? Do I just back my truck up to your front door and just go in and take all your furniture?" What could I do but laugh. I missed the putt but we we're the luckiest SOB's on the planet that day as we won the 27th hole at 9:15pm in the pitch black dark on #9 at KL. It's been a long time since I've seen a grown man cry and that night I saw TWO of them cry! Golf is a great game!
    If you're not wasted...the day is!

Arrt
    Wow, I really don't want to golf with you guys

Thread Information