100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge TigerWoods is on a distinguished road

DRAFT TOMORROW (L) Bye-Bye Heatley?

What do you think is going to go down tomorrow....it should be one hell of a day

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I have a feeling that not much is going to happen tomorrow, and I don't think its a sure thing that Heatley will be traded before the season starts. That $4,000,000 bonus on July 1st is a BIG issue...

Bouche
    Ottawa Smottawa....they are not going anywhere fast! They wont do much tomorrow....they should start looking for a new captain

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Now that statement has leafs fan written all over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Ottawa Smottawa....they are not going anywhere fast! They wont do much tomorrow....they should start looking for a new captain
    According to the sports writers , if no-one picks up Heatley before the July1st ($4m dollar bonus) deadline Murray will make him stay in Ottawa .So the "going public for a move" will really have backfired on Him and his agent. I wonder if he'll get booed for a bit
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Keeping a player on a team that he doesnt want to play for is a mistake. Murray will be trying to deal him hard. That being said though, it sounds like nobody is interested in him mainly because of his bad attitude. He requested a trade from Atlanta as well. Why take him? soon as he doesn't get things his way he'll ask for a trade.

Ottawa is on the way back down the slope... Teams peak and then players age, salarys get inflated and they have to rebuild, and this is the start.

I'm more interested to see what the top 5 picks do, along with Toronto and Montreal.

Toronto obviously have to make some moves and get some future players.

Montreal have a lot of free space coming up July 1st, and might be doing some dealings tonight....very pumped for tonight.

I'm thinking about putting on a suit tonight and going down to montreal.. sit in the front row, maybe request a sit on the isle incase the Islanders decide to take me first overall
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I don't think Ottawa is in as big of trouble as you think. If we can deal Heatley and free up some cash and get some prospects or a solid D man we may be ok.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    what the hell is a roster bonus? does it count against the cap? what a stupid bonus (but I totally understand it)
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Send heatly and Spezza together, that might be very restrictive since only a couple of teams may be able to handle that salary but if they send some back to Ottawa in the form of a couple of decent forwards and a good D man Murray can start wheeling and dealing to get something done. He has his work cut out for him thats for sure. It was a real pressure move by the Heatly camp and one that most General Managers have taken note of thats for sure. Heatly can say no to a trade he does not like which makes things even worse.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

i would trade heatly and spezza for ONE first round draft pick each. consider it a salary dump so that you can rebuilt through the draft and free agency
    willy

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That would be great but the #1 round picks get kinda thin after the first 10 plus thats a lot of $ you have to payout for either guy compared to the entry level you pay the draft pick.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

thy are asking for 2 roster players and 1 first rounder in this draft for heatly... any team that gives that up for this guy is run by an idiot.
    willy

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Send heatly and Spezza together, that might be very restrictive since only a couple of teams may be able to handle that salary but if they send some back to Ottawa in the form of a couple of decent forwards and a good D man Murray can start wheeling and dealing to get something done. He has his work cut out for him thats for sure. It was a real pressure move by the Heatly camp and one that most General Managers have taken note of thats for sure. Heatly can say no to a trade he does not like which makes things even worse.
    and exactly who has $18M in cap hit for two guys? Trading Heatley is hard enough, adding Spezza to the mix makes in near impossible.

And Heatley can say no, but if a good trade comes up for Ottawa and he doesn't like the location, guess what, it's there or back in Ottawa next year. You can only force Murray's hand so far. He is not going to make a bad trade for the sake of making a trade.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Thank goodness SW isn`t Ottawa`s GM.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Thank goodness SW isn`t Ottawa`s GM.
    i am an NBA expert, the NHL has a cap now (like the NBA) so you aren't used to strictly cap moves... you will one day understand what I understood 3 years ago and when that day comes you will think... man, silly is one smart cat
    willy

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Silly is all about the money. He may be a little nuts, but he knows his $$$. LOL
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Bouche
    ya but silly is still a little girl....had to get you back

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    The Kings and Sens were talking at one point. Nothing came of it.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    The Florida Panthers have traded defenceman Jay Bouwmeester's rights to the Calgary Flames for defenceamn Jordan Leopold and a third round pick.

Thread Information