100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    One less pedophile in the world... I hope he packed his sunscreen.
    Dude.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    People are nasty considering he died. I can't believe the negativity. I find it to be in poor taste.

What I find in poor taste is paying tribute to this idiot. I have no sympathy for people who abuse children.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    you guys are going to hell... mocking the dead.. shame on you
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

7 Iron ForeontheFloor is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    People are nasty considering he died. I can't believe the negativity. I find it to be in poor taste.
    Just because he has died why should that change how people think about him or anyone for that matter??? If you thought he was a pedophile before he is still one in death. I never understood that theory, if your a jerk in life you will also be a jerk in death.

Never convicted of a crime, you guys are making assumptions
    willy

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    What I find in poor taste is paying tribute to this idiot. I have no sympathy for people who abuse children.
    I agree, to enjoy his music is one thing, but the bull that is being spouted on the TV about how wonderful he is. You don't stop being a bad man when you die. He freely admitted to touching children and paid off a family who took him to court. Innocent people don't need to pay people off.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Never convicted of a crime, you guys are making assumptions
    Maybe when you have kids you'll understand.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    He freely admitted to touching children and paid off a family who took him to court. Innocent people don't need to pay people off.
    Famous, rich, innocent people sometimes need to pay people off because the press and the court of public opinion will often pass judgement on these celebrity types regardless of what verdict the facts support.

You and Apex have found the man guilty of crimes that no court has and that is why famous, rich people "pay" to make the bad press go away.

Oh, and for the record, I touch my children and even let them sleep in my bed with me sometimes.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

Oh, and for the record, I touch my children and even let them sleep in my bed with me sometimes.......
    I think the definition of the word "touch" is a little different in each circumstance. Anyway, that's it from me on this subject, it is a sensitive one, I just don't think we should be celebrating the life of a pedophile.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    I think the definition of the word "touch" is a little different in each circumstance. Anyway, that's it from me on this subject, it is a sensitive one, I just don't think we should be celebrating the life of a pedophile.
    Fair enough.......I don't think we should be branding an innocent man (as in NEVER found guilty in a court of law) of being a pedophile

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    He was definitely a weird guy, but then again, I don't think he ever stood a chance.

Definitely a huge talent and a great entertainer. That's what should be celebrated.

I think there was a time and place to debate his innocence, but on a forum the day after his death is likely not it.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    If you were a teenager in the 80's chances are you've attempted the Moonwalk.
    If you gotten married in the 90's chances are you wedding party did the Thriller dance. It's sad, but in a way, his early death will resurrect his popularity and financial rewards to many people (see Graceland)... and may also brought in some redemptions or closure to the other camp..

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Fair enough.......I don't think we should be branding an innocent man (as in NEVER found guilty in a court of law) of being a pedophile
    You're right of course... which makes OJ innocent too...
    When OJ dies then all we should talk about is his great football career?
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Even though he wasn't convicted of a crime, hid did actually admit to a LOT of inappropriate behaviour around children. Maybe he wasn't a pedophile, but definitely a freak...and someone I wouldn't want my children around. In case people are forgetting, he DID dangle his baby off a balcony. that DID happen, and would quite possibly have led to a criminal conviction if it had happened in the US.

His life is, in some ways, quite a sad story. The last 20 years seem to have been spent trying to recapture the youth that he never really had. Neverland...sleepovers...these aren't things normal people do. The guy had some serious issues.

Either way. There is nothing wrong with remembering the great things the man did in the music industry, bu that doesn't mean we shouldn't also remember the stupid, disturbing (and perhaps criminal) stuff he did. The idea that you shouldn't judge a dead person is completely preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    The idea that you shouldn't judge a dead person is completely preposterous.
    That's what I say

You're right of course... which makes OJ innocent too...
    When OJ dies then all we should talk about is his great football career?
    that was the civil trial he lost, was never convicted of those deaths.
    willy

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    The guy was a freak, and frankly he was not much of a musical talent either. He had ONE decent album and another so-so effort - although he was a bit of a pioneer in the music video field at the time so I guess I have to give him credit for that.

I certainly wouldn't let my kids anywhere near him. That he was never actually convicted is meaningless to me, because it is a fact that most of these crimes never get anywhere near a courtroom and its difficult to get a conviction when they do. There's enough anecdotal evidence to convince me.

I can't rejoice at anyone's death, but I'm not sad to see this guy move on...

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    The guy was a freak, and frankly he was not much of a musical talent either. He had ONE decent album and another so-so effort - although he was a bit of a pioneer in the music video field at the time so I guess I have to give him credit for that.

I certainly wouldn't let my kids anywhere near him. That he was never actually convicted is meaningless to me, because it is a fact that most of these crimes never get anywhere near a courtroom and its difficult to get a conviction when they do. There's enough anecdotal evidence to convince me.

I can't rejoice at anyone's death, but I'm not sad to see this guy move on...
    On that point he didn't direct any of the video's so was it really HIS vision or was he just a tool of another persons vision?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Egad. I`d love to see the evidence you dudes have that would have convicted MJ. You really should have brought it to the DA`s attention at the time of the trial. Comes to mind that you were actually obstructing justice for not doing so.

But seriously, he was a rare talent. Elvis, Sinatra, Jackson. I`d like to see anyone try to live with that kind of fame and see how we would turn out. We all like to think we`d not change, but human nature says otherwise.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    and frankly he was not much of a musical talent either. He had ONE decent album and another so-so effort - although he was a bit of a pioneer in the music video field at the time so I guess I have to give him credit for that.
    well, by all accounts, Elvis was a freak as well.

as for MJ, he sold 750 million albums. no talent there whatsoever.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Egad. I`d love to see the evidence you dudes have that would have convicted MJ. You really should have brought it to the DA`s attention at the time of the trial. Comes to mind that you were actually obstructing justice for not doing so.
    I think you need to realize that it is usually NOT a lack of evidence that is a problem in getting a conviction in these cases. The issue is typically the unwillingness of the victims (and/or their parents) to come forward and testify in court. When a "suspect" basically bribes someone to NOT testify, that says a lot to me about their guilt or innocence - regardless of whether a successful conviction is made.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    as for MJ, he sold 750 million albums. no talent there whatsoever.
    OMG, don't tell me you actually think sales = talent in the music business!!

5-10mil, no sales doesn't equal talent. a billion records... ummm yeah!!
    willy

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The man was a ridiculous musical talent. Yes, Thriller was the high point of his career, but by the time it came out he had already released numerous solo albums and albums with the Jackson 5. The talent that kid had was incredible..he carried a group at the age of 11. Anyone who denies his gift is fooling themselves. His career spanned 4 decades (not counting the 2000s), and he basically invented 'pop' music. Even when his career was declining, you could still see flashes of brilliance (smooth criminal, for example). Say what you want about the man, but he was a serious, revolutionary musical talent.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'd put him in the top 10 most influential people in music history. Beatles, Elvis, U2 (Bono), NWA (yes, for that genre), Madonna, Nirvana, Spinal Tap (LOL), Duran Duran, then Michael.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Bouche
    Im sure MJ was all over the radio yesterday...maybe all weekends but I would have to agree with Donny....especially Beatles and NWA!

Damn skippy NWA. Dr. Dre just by himself has his fingerprints all over rap and hip-hop.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    OMG, don't tell me you actually think sales = talent in the music business!!
    In most cases yes. The guy was incredibly talented and changed music for the better. There are very few artists who fall in that category. If you think he wasn't talented then I am not sure what talented is.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Oops, forgot to add KISS to my list above. They're in the top 10 too.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    If you have any musical abilities, then its easy to see that he was a very gifted performer.I will not judge him as i have no proof other than what we read in the papers and see on t.v.The man had talent and charisma and could dance and sing.If you talk to Quincy Jones,i'm sure he would say the same.

Thread Information