+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar

What do people on the course do that bugs you

I am just trying to see what really annoys people on a golf course.....no I'm not making a list.

Things that bug me

1. Undertalented overtalkative opponents with an inflated view of their abilities
    2. Your cart partner driving off and leaving you with one club and 90 yards to play
    3. Kids/adult scavaging golf balls in the tree lines while you play
    4. People that think they can spend the next half hour looking for a golf ball that they will only lose on the next shot and

5. Inconsiderate people that take monster divots and do not replace or repair them

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    I am just trying to see what really annoys people on a golf course.....no I'm not making a list.

Things that bug me

1. Undertalented overtalkative opponents with an inflated view of their abilities
    2. Your cart partner driving off and leaving you with one club and 90 yards to play
    3. Kids/adult scavaging golf balls in the tree lines while you play
    4. People that think they can spend the next half hour looking for a golf ball that they will only lose on the next shot and

5. Inconsiderate people that take monster divots and do not replace or repair them

dbleber:

Things that drive me nuts on the course are:
    1) people who yell at the top of the lungs for no apparent reason, unless you just scored a hole in one SHUT-UP!
    2)people who act as if there golf ball is made out of gold, if you lose one look and move on,
    3)talking and moving during someones back swing.........enough said!
    4)playing with couples, golf is where most men...maybe women go to get away for a couple of hours and have some me time. If I wanted to listen to two people fight about stupid stuff or hear a husband give a really bad golf lesson to his wife I'd stay home!

Thats about it for me.
    Denny

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

The one thing...

Play in front of me...

Reading putts and practice swings are fruitless, get out of my way, the 19th hole awaits.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    Play in front of me...

Reading putts and practice swings are fruitless, get out of my way, the 19th hole awaits.

Personally it's only a couple of things...

1 - Guys who 900 practice swings then duff the shot while you wait.
    2 - Guys who won't let you play through, then take 8 mulligans on the same hole.
    3 - Guys with the best clubs, best clothes, best balls, best sunglasses, and no talent.
    4 - Litterbugs. I smoke, and butt out, then hold on to it until I find a garbage can (almost at the tee on every hole you dumbass!). Why are you leaving your butts on the green?
    5 - Kids who are WAY better than me.

Cheers,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    Only a couple things bug me, but first off. I don't get annoyed by less talented players on the course as long as they follow the rules of the course somewhat. I've accepted the fact that the game is growing into a very popular pasttime for all ages, and their maybe some newbies on the course. I've learned to be patient with them. I just have one annoyance tied into that.

Annoyances:
    1)Slow Setup for shots, we're not trying to win a million bucks here, whether you take 10 secs or a minute to hit a shot, you're going to have same results.
    2)Ridiculous hole layouts(and there are alot of them around here)
    3)Of the less talented players, I HATE when they blame every other thing in the world except themselves. Give me a break, if you duff a shot, don't blame it on the wind!
    4)People who don't like Kids that are WAY better then them.

Andru
    Just don't hit into me

I have to admit. Nothing bothers me anymore. Relax, soak in the warm weather and the green grass. It's golf.

Lob Wedge S2H2Lover is on a distinguished road

Thing I hate the most...

is when I join a group and they all see me as an 'opponent'. News flash: It's YOU against the GOLF COURSE. So what if I'm better/worse than you? Just play your own game and put away the attitude!

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    1. People chatting while I putt
    2. People who do not fix balls marks and divots
    3. People who spend too long looking for golf balls
    4. Heavy obnoxious drinkers - it slows play down and after all, it is not a bar - drink in the clubhouse if you want to get hammered (Note: not talking about having a couple)
    5. Sloooooooooooooooooow play
    6. Lessons - not the place folks

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Just don't hit into me

I have to admit. Nothing bothers me anymore. Relax, soak in the warm weather and the green grass. It's golf.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Couldn't agree with you more, being on a golf golf course whether I'm hitting or waiting to hit, sure beats the alternative.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwil
    4. Heavy obnoxious drinkers - it slows play down and after all, it is not a bar - drink in the clubhouse if you want to get hammered (Note: not talking about having a couple)
    I am hoolio... Stay away from me, you have been warned!

And to correct you, only amateur drinkers play slower when they're hammered. Us pro's have mastered such subtle nuances of drunk golf like the "chug and putt", why do them separate when its so much more interesting together. Instead of reading that 40 ft putt that you only have a 1% chance of making, just do a shot of Jagermeister. I also like to just hit the longest drive in the group so I always have to wait for the green, this gives me time to drink while the others are hitting.

I'd tell ya more of my secrets but I'm late for my A.A. meeting. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LongHitta
    4)People who don't like Kids that are WAY better then them.
    Not asking you to like me, but you should at least understand what I was saying. These are things that bug me on a course. I didn't say I don't like kids who are better than me, I said it bugs me. It's a very humbling experience to have some little punk nail his tee shot 50 yards farther than mine. What bugs me is that I'm not as good as them, not so much that they are better than me.

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Hmmm,
    1. Golfers who ride up your tail when you are keeping pace on a 4-4.5 hour round
    2. Golfers who don't play when it is their turn. I know the rules talk about order of play, but on a crowded course ready golf is a good way to go. If you insist on playing in proper order, don't wait by other people's balls while they hit and then go start looking for yours!
    3. Golfers who tear up the course with their practice swings
    4. Golfers who have creative accounting skills and then say that they beat you. I'm willing to lose fair and square, but don't piss and tell me it's raining!
    I usually always have a good time when I play. I've been paired up with a lot of people, been a single lots, and have had very few bad experiences. With some of my regular playing partners, I play with guys who swear, throw clubs, etc. I'm just happy to be out hitting a ball. I would like to become more consistent, and I've seen progress in this area.

A collegue of mine was killed in an automobile accident the other day, leaving behind a young family. Live life while you can, enjoy what is given to you, treat people the way you would like to be treated, and dance in the dandelions every so often. It's all too short to be worried too much about petty, meaningless things.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Hmmm,
    1. Golfers who ride up your tail when you are keeping pace on a 4-4.5 hour round
    2. Golfers who don't play when it is their turn. I know the rules talk about order of play, but on a crowded course ready golf is a good way to go. If you insist on playing in proper order, don't wait by other people's balls while they hit and then go start looking for yours!
    3. Golfers who tear up the course with their practice swings
    4. Golfers who have creative accounting skills and then say that they beat you. I'm willing to lose fair and square, but don't piss and tell me it's raining!
    I usually always have a good time when I play. I've been paired up with a lot of people, been a single lots, and have had very few bad experiences. With some of my regular playing partners, I play with guys who swear, throw clubs, etc. I'm just happy to be out hitting a ball. I would like to become more consistent, and I've seen progress in this area.

A collegue of mine was killed in an automobile accident the other day, leaving behind a young family. Live life while you can, enjoy what is given to you, treat people the way you would like to be treated, and dance in the dandelions every so often. It's all too short to be worried too much about petty, meaningless things.
    VERY WELL SAID COLBY!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Big_duck
    All of the above plus:

people who play worse then me telling me what I am "doing wrong"

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

rerun

It has all been said under this thread:
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/forum/show...ight=etiquette
    :jitter
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Ty Webb
    I have had two "bothersome" experiences and am too old to get upset:

1. Played behind a group of 4 who were all beginners. They each took at least 5 practice swings with each shot and each read every putt for a minute or so. It took us 5 hours to play 9 holes. Thank God for beer.

2. Played with a colleague. He would slice the ball continuously into the woods ( a good 50 yards to the right) and pretend to look for his ball just off the fairway. He would always "find" his balls (no pun intended) just in the rough. He scored 90 when he should have scored much higher with all the penalties. I asked him how does he know if he is getting to be a better golfer or a better cheater.

Ty

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

my biggest thing is

playing with people who consistently stand right behind me or in me field of vision when I am hitting.

The second is people that can't maintain a decent pace of play.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Not asking you to like me, but you should at least understand what I was saying. These are things that bug me on a course. I didn't say I don't like kids who are better than me, I said it bugs me. It's a very humbling experience to have some little punk nail his tee shot 50 yards farther than mine. What bugs me is that I'm not as good as them, not so much that they are better than me.

Dan

I'm just kidding around Dan, no offence intended. I understand totally what you're saying. I consider myself a kid(22 yrs old) compared to most of the people I play with. I play with one guy who is in his 40's and been playing his whole life, and he gets so p-ed off when I consistently drive it past him or hit it closer, its funny, I just don't take it that seriously. Anyways, no harm intended, it just reminded me of that.

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

things that bug me:

1) slow play - suck it up princess. 12 more practice swings isn't going to make you better. What it will do is aggravate me - you don't want to aggravate me. You have all this time before the shot to get ready before the group ahead of you moves ahead. Use that time if you REALLY need to.

2) people that hit a ball 100 yard stinker off the tee on a consistent basis and then wait for the green 280 yards away to clear because they can think they can get there.

3) cheaters cheating their asses off and then questioning my quad bogie (which is legit might I add) and then proceeding to say ' I just want you to be honest with yourself.' These people deserve to be shot

4) Marshalls with a power trip on them

5) refer to number 3. Shot I say... shot

Quote Originally Posted by LongHitta
    I'm just kidding around Dan, no offence intended. I understand totally what you're saying. I consider myself a kid(22 yrs old) compared to most of the people I play with. I play with one guy who is in his 40's and been playing his whole life, and he gets so p-ed off when I consistently drive it past him or hit it closer, its funny, I just don't take it that seriously. Anyways, no harm intended, it just reminded me of that.
    wow... someone my age on this forum. Kids rule... Dan drools.

Quote Originally Posted by yun
    wow... someone my age on this forum. Kids rule... Dan drools.
    Damn children....

Dan

Lob Wedge TKretzR.V. is on a distinguished road TKretzR.V.'s Avatar
    Guys who say they can drive 300+ yards, but don't really understand how far 300+ yards actually is...(thats on and off the course I guess).

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    3) cheaters cheating their asses off ...These people deserve to be shot

5) refer to number 3. Shot I say... shot
    Yikes! Is your 14th club a rifle? I think you'd enjoy golf in Texas.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    [QUOTE=yun] 3) cheaters cheating their asses off and then questioning my quad bogie (which is legit might I add) and then proceeding to say ' I just want you to be honest with yourself.' These people deserve to be shot

I hate this. One guy that I play golf with often does this. Everyone has seen this, duffed tee shot onto the reds, slice into the woods, finds ball in light rough, into the lake, pitch onto the fringe, chilli dips chip, 3 putts and then cards a 6. I card an honest 7. He scores consitently under 100 hence undermining my quest to score under 100 (I am pretty confident WILL do it this year, the honest way, bought new clubs and rebuit my swing starting with the grip).

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Sorry to hear that, but good point.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    people that hit a ball 100 yard stinker off the tee on a consistent basis and then wait for the green 280 yards away to clear because they can think they can get there.
    I agree with all your points, except this one. I'd rather he waited than nail me in the head. 280? If thats the best he's ever hit it, then wait. If not, then ya, you're right. If its a roller, than I don't care...its the airborne stuff that hurts.
    Last edited by Deep Woods; 04-07-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    I agree with all your points, except this one. I'd rather he waited than nail me in the head. 280? If thats the best he's ever driven it, then wait.
    100 yrd stinker CONSISTENTLY off the tee? if they can't hit the ball well off the tee, what makes them think you can hit it better off the ground? If he hit's it decent off the tee and is having a bad day... fine - wait. But not consistently sucks... I've never seen anyone with a crappy swing that can't make good contact with a tee'd ball hit a ball further off the ground. I think the people scrounging around in the woods for balls from other fairways are at far higher risk. Play to your ability, not to the one shot that you hit down wind from a higher elevation off a cart path - unless you are downwind from a higher elevation with cart paths all around. Usually this isn't the case

3) cheaters cheating their asses off and then questioning my quad bogie (which is legit might I add) and then proceeding to say ' I just want you to be honest with yourself.' These people deserve to be shot

[/QUOTE]

Note to self: Always double-check my score every hole if ever playing against Yun! :jitter
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Note to self: Always double-check my score every hole if ever playing against Yun! :jitter
    Lol.... easy there EDS. I'm a nice guy. Mistakes are one thing, rampant cheating and then questioning my integrity is another. Besides, this joker I'm talking about is a repeat offender. First time offenders only gets a boot to the head for each stroke cheated

Lol.... easy there EDS. I'm a nice guy. Mistakes are one thing, rampant cheating and then questioning my integrity is another. Besides, this joker I'm talking about is a repeat offender. First time offenders only gets a boot to the head for each stroke cheated
    When I play with strangers I won't bring up the cheating, but with friends, I question them, it can get touchy sometimes, but after a while they know I'm watching, hehe. I also hate cheaters. I'll take advantage of every rule out there to help me, but won't cheat.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information