100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pineview.

Bouche

Pineview.

Hey Guys.

Figured I would give you guys the update on Pineview.

Pineview has come around real nicely over the last month. The course is very green, GS bunkers have been repaired and sand has been added. Greens are rolling nicely and the overall condition of the course is superb.

Also, if ya really want to try something new they have 4 Segway's for rent. They have a place for your clubs and everything. Looks like alot of fun and something new to the golf course!! I think its 40$ for the Segway and im guessing a deposit is also required.

Pineview also has a Driving Range now....not sure when it will open to the Public. Right now its just for lessons. Really convenient for people living near the course. Beats driving to Orleans.

Bouche
    BTW!! Anyone want to challenge me on the Ladder match?!?!?!

I will accept all Challenges....I would prefer to play my challenges at Pineview

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I'll challenge you as long as you only use a PW and a putter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    BTW!! Anyone want to challenge me on the Ladder match?!?!?!

I will accept all Challenges....I would prefer to play my challenges at Pineview
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Bouche
    7 iron, PW and a putter.

Better add me to the Challengers in Queue.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Hey Guys.

Pineview has come around real nicely over the last month. The course is very green, GS bunkers have been repaired and sand has been added. Greens are rolling nicely and the overall condition of the course is superb.

Also, if ya really want to try something new they have 4 Segway's for rent. They have a place for your clubs and everything. Looks like alot of fun and something new to the golf course!! I think its 40$ for the Segway and im guessing a deposit is also required.

Pineview also has a Driving Range now....not sure when it will open to the Public. Right now its just for lessons. Really convenient for people living near the course. Beats driving to Orleans.

Played there today and would have to agree with the conditions. Everything is coming along nicely. Couple greens with topsoil today but still very playable. Definitely will be back soon !

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Played on Tuesday for the first time this year, and although it does seem like it's coming around, it's still Pineview. Fairways could use some top soil and greens could use a shave and a roll, not to mention that the back was punched (although they did a much better job at it than some other places, they were still puttable). Bunkers had enough sand, but as usual were not raked by either the grounds crew or the patrons.
    Rough was nice, thick and long, to the point that it was hard finding balls in it. Nice job on that!

As for the driving range, I wonder who had the bright idea of putting it right in the landing zone of a typical slice for a lefty, about 220 yards from the blues on #10? My 30 yeard "fade" from the blues landed just over the heads of the 5 kids that were taking lessons there...

PS: Bouche, I'd love to challenge you, as long as it's not at Pineview

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Played on Tuesday for the first time this year, and although it does seem like it's coming around, it's still Pineview. Fairways could use some top soil and greens could use a shave and a roll, not to mention that the back was punched (although they did a much better job at it than some other places, they were still puttable). Bunkers had enough sand, but as usual were not raked by either the grounds crew or the patrons.
    Rough was nice, thick and long, to the point that it was hard finding balls in it. Nice job on that!

As for the driving range, I wonder who had the bright idea of putting it right in the landing zone of a typical slice for a lefty, about 220 yards from the blues on #10? My 30 yeard "fade" from the blues landed just over the heads of the 5 kids that were taking lessons there...

PS: Bouche, I'd love to challenge you, as long as it's not at Pineview
    We punched the greens just over the last couple days and within a week there will be no show of them. It will make the greens a little quicker but it nice to hear the good feedback!!

For the Driving range, they pushed the tees on #9 back to the blues....I hit it at the range the other day from 9 and it was unreachable. As for #10, I am pretty sure they will put a net up eventually. Not sure exactly what their plans are but I will definately find that out for ya.

I find the fairways pretty good compared to other courses I played this year. I find alot of the golfers don't rake the traps after they hit out of them. We do rake our traps if not every day, every 2nd day so its likely the golfers forgetting to rake the traps!!

Bring on the challenge!!!! I would like to play somewhere fairly cheap with a new family member on the way my golf budget is extremely tight!!

Gap Wedge shawn is on a distinguished road
    does anyone know how big the driving range is? by that, I mean, is there a big enough area to move the grass tees back and forth as they plant new grass?

Bouche
    I am pretty sure there is plenty of grass to hit off....as of right now i think they are using mats

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Me and my big mouth!!!!
    7 iron, PW and a putter.

Better add me to the Challengers in Queue.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    Played there today and would have to agree with the conditions. Everything is coming along nicely. Couple greens with topsoil today but still very playable. Definitely will be back soon !
    Very please with the conditions

Gap Wedge STONE_COLD is on a distinguished road
    Played yesterday. Course is in great shape but sand traps were like concrete and some having grass in it. Bouncy greens but it was punched recently. Condition should improve I guess during this summer

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STONE_COLD View Post
    Played yesterday. Course is in great shape but sand traps were like concrete and some having grass in it. Bouncy greens but it was punched recently. Condition should improve I guess during this summer
    So how would you play a sand shot from concrete sand? Putter? Chip? Use a club with less bounce? Other?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    So how would you play a sand shot from concrete sand? Putter? Chip? Use a club with less bounce? Other?
    square face LW for me.

Played Pineview yesterday and have to agree with the improved conditions.
    Hope they continue with it

I found a couple bunkers yesterday, but was able to get out of them with my 60 degree w/ 10 degree of bounch opened up a little bit. They were definitely not great but still playable.

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Hey Guys.

Pineview 1 - Stonebridge 0. (just adding this in, because I know mjf will be reading it shortly, and may be amused)

Thanks for the update! It's great to hear the conditions are good. I look forward to playing it soon... on a SEGWAY (genius idea)!

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I agree, what a different from few weeks ago when we were putting on "sand"... Had great time yesterday. The course layout really help with my driving confidence..my two low rounds are at Pineview this year. The traps need to be a bit softer and had few problems otherwise could have been my personal best round.

Bouche
    Glad to see positive feedback. As for the Bunkers, over the last couple days we have added alot of sand to the GS-Bunkers. We are not completely done but all the edges in the bunkers have been restored. No more putting out of the bunkers!!!! As for the grass in the bunkers....within the next week or 2 all of the weeding should be completed on the main.

Glad to see positive feedback. As for the Bunkers, over the last couple days we have added alot of sand to the GS-Bunkers. We are not completely done but all the edges in the bunkers have been restored. No more putting out of the bunkers!!!! As for the grass in the bunkers....within the next week or 2 all of the weeding should be completed on the main.

Thanks bouche for keeping us updated with the progression of Pineview. I for one appreciate it considering it is the closest course between me and work!! ( LOL which are 10 mins apart).

Bouche
    I couldnt agree with you more. Pineview is definately in a great location for East end golfers and it is right off the highway

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I like the "striped" fairways. I made a positive comment to Eldred on one of the par 5. Looks cool when you are on the fairway

7 Wood Fade is on a distinguished road Fade's Avatar
    you must have done a lot of work on this course as i was there at the beginning of the year and it didn't even look like a golf course. kinda scary looking back then actually!!! but nice to hear about the improvements.

Bouche
    yes we have done alot of work from the start of the year.

Just to let everyone know, the !Range! is up and running!

now if only someone can do something about the pace of play there. perhaps out of your control since it's a city owned course, but this is the only course in town where you tee off at 2pm and make not finish before running out of light.

last time i played there, 3.5 hrs ... FRONT 9!!!!!

no marshalls in site to push pace along either, but again, maybe because it's city owned, 6 hr rounds on the weekends are expected

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    now if only someone can do something about the pace of play there. perhaps out of your control since it's a city owned course, but this is the only course in town where you tee off at 2pm and make not finish before running out of light.

last time i played there, 3.5 hrs ... FRONT 9!!!!!

no marshalls in site to push pace along either, but again, maybe because it's city owned, 6 hr rounds on the weekends are expected
    I played there on Sunday, and the pace on the front nine was quite slow, but it really picked up on the back. Probably 5 and a half hours total. The marshall was buzzing around, but didn't have much to say to our group since we were always waiting on the folks in front of us.

I found the course itself to be in excellent shape. Some fairways had a bit of standing water after all of the rain we got on Saturday, but were otherwise great. Tee boxes, also good. Greens, excellent. Wet bunkers are no fun.

A rangefinder will come in handy on one or two holes. The one coming to mind would be #7 (advertised 200 yard par 3)... think I measured it at 185 with the Pinseeker. It lead to the only birdie of the day for me, so I was glad I beamed it. Played a smooth 4 iron instead of my hybrid.

yes we have done alot of work from the start of the year.

Just to let everyone know, the !Range! is up and running!

And this is OB correct. Was there today, and playing partner ventured into it, but there are no more white stakes marking it OB ???

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    And this is OB correct. Was there today, and playing partner ventured into it, but there are no more white stakes marking it OB ???
    It is inside the course so it should not be OB. Was there last week and there were white stakes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

maximus, I don't know how anyone can stand a 5.5 hr round! i don't mean this as a Pineview thing. I mean for any course!! correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the courses'/marshalls' job to keep the pace to 4.5 hrs or less? meaning the course was either overbooked or the marshall just didn't push hard enough. doesn't the marshall have authority to make groups skip holes if they are going too slow?

2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar
    http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/...livereport.cfm
    “We weren't in a hurry, obviously,” Calcavecchia said.
    “We had the whole course to ourselves and we just played our own games, our own speed in four hours and five minutes.
    It kind of makes you wonder sometimes how it can take five hours plus for three professionals to play golf. It's frightening, really.”

Does it mean 5 hours for high handicaps is not frightening

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    It is inside the course so it should not be OB. Was there last week and there were white stakes.
    Many courses have OB marked within the course, on doglegs to keep you from cutting across (irish hills), to keep you off the driving range (dragonfly) etc.

Thread Information