CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marc Levac

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have know Marc for many years. He is a great instructor and great guy overall. I would send him a PM (his name on the forum is PingMan, as he is certified by PING). Marc would be more than happy to talk with you and explain his background in further detail.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I've been trying to get a hold of Marc, however I have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have an alternate contact for him?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

AJP007
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I've been trying to get a hold of Marc, however I have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have an alternate contact for him?
    Marc is currently on vactation with his family in Florida. He will be there till the end of the month.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Perfect,

Thanks you
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Just got back from my first of 5 lessons again with Marc. His approach is simple and his observations are excellent. He will not fill your head with a ton of things he will let you make mistakes and gives excellent feedback. I hope that my HC continues to drop under his tutelage. Ihave dropped and full 3 points since starting lessons late last season. I was beginning to struggle with the hooks again and after making some adjustments they had disppeared after a quick 5 swings. He is teaching out of 3 locations this year, I beleive he said Innes, Anderson and Champlain so it is even easier access, thanks Marc!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    2nd lesson done and I like what I see. Marc is very good at making you understand the swing you have and the swing you are trying to get. Now is the time to get lessons, he is busy but still has some slots left
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

4 Iron poppadon56 is on a distinguished road poppadon56's Avatar
    Hey Lefty, I was the next guy in line today right behind you, waiting for my first lesson with Marc. I agree with your observations and quickly learned that he doesn't want to rebuild my swing from the bottom up or teach me the StacknTilt or some other swing. He actually liked my swing but I had gotten into a couple of bad habits. I was very comfortable in talking with Marc and liked his casual but professional attitude and knowledge that I so dearly need.

Why oh why did I not seek out a Pro sooner?

Signed up for four more lessons.

Fixing one thing at a time,

Don

Hi Don, your exactly right. As a golfer you can see what your ball is doing and self diagnosis is a killer. I was struggling with hooks last year and Marc straightened me out. This year they were starting to come back and Marc quickly turned it around and now I feel my swing is on even better track. Yesterday I was finishing properly on my front leg for the first time ever. He is a keen observer and knows how to convey that information.

Don this is my 2nd 5 lesson stint and it is invaluable, much greater value than buying clubs even though that is probably more fun.
    Lefty Lucas

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I'm sure it's been posted in this thread somewhere, but can someone provide the best phone number to get a hold of Marc?
    Thanks

PM sent
    Lefty Lucas

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Now I've Gone and Done It...

Lesson 1 of 5 now in the bank with Marc. Simple, clear instruction and, as so well described above, shows you the swing you have and the swing you want to try to acheive with clear steps as to how he will try to get you there. Classy guy with great interaction skills. I'm really looking forward to my next session but....much work to be done in the meantime...lol!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

I could not agree more!
    Lefty Lucas

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    After 1 lesson with him this winter I am playing some of the best golf I have played in nearly a decade.

I can't say enough good things about Marc.

I went for my yearly tune up with Marc. I really appreciate that he remembers what you worked on and what you are doing right. He quickly assessed my swing, showed me a couple of things to work on and then moved on. I am always impressed by his teaching method, he explains things so well.
    Lefty Lucas

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Where did you go to see him?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Hey Scott, he is teaching out of Pineview. They have about 170yd range so no drivers but for what I wanted to work on it was great. He actually can take you on the course if you do want to hit drivers.
    Lefty Lucas

That's great .... Will pm him

Sand Wedge costag is on a distinguished road costag's Avatar
    Hi guys,

I've been a frequent browser of these forums, and I must say I really enjoy the discussion and banter.

I finally broke down and joined because I am interested in taking my first golf lessons, and based on all the positive reviews and anecdotes here I would like to try out Marc Levac.

Could someone please send me his email or phone number?

Thanks in advance!

Done
    Lefty Lucas

Much appreciated!
    "Best two balls I hit all day was when I stepped on a rake."

No trouble, Marc deserves all the accolades for sure, just a couple of weeks after a refresher lesson and working on what he showed me I shot one of my best 9s ever.
    Lefty Lucas

Just booked my first lesson for June 6th - very excited! Will post back here with the results.

Lucky you! He still hasn't given me a date!

PM'd you

Tour Rookie PingMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Lucky you! He still hasn't given me a date!
    Check your inbox! :o)
    A golf swing is an individual expression of timing and rhythm unique to that individual.

Just had my first lesson with Marc last night... first of all I really enjoyed the setup at Pineview. It's a small range which is reserved only for instruction (we were the only ones there) which it makes it very easy to focus on the lesson.

As for the lesson itself - wow! What a difference! He watched me hit literally 2-3 balls, then made a couple adjustments to my grip and setup, showed me how to properly release my hands, and presto I was hitting the ball straight and longer than I've ever hit in my life! It's frustrating to think of how many years I've struggled trying to teach myself, and in one hour I (Marc) managed to fix so much.

Anyways I'm eager to take my new swing out for some practice and a few rounds, and will definitely be going back in a few weeks for another lesson.

I just had first lesson with Marc tonight since last year. I'm glad I contacted him again!. As Costag said, he's a great instructor who can help fix your swing. I understand now what I was doing wrong and why the ball was going where it did. Without his knowledge, I would still be hitting ball after ball at the range to try to put a fix on the problem. If anyone is looking for a instructor for any part of their game, I highly recommend Marc!

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    No trouble, Marc deserves all the accolades for sure, just a couple of weeks after a refresher lesson and working on what he showed me I shot one of my best 9s ever.
    I thought any 9 was a bad 9, even on a par 5.

Putter mjeado is on a distinguished road
    Pingman or someone could you pm me your/his details I need help bad. Only been playing a five seasons and end of last year stood a 19 Hcap (low 90's some high 80's).

Decided to take lessons at GT in Kanata start of this season to try and improve by tweaking my stroke, bad mistake I feel my whole stroke was deconstructed and now in a whole heap of trouble. I am currently a 25 Hcap spiraling down to the floor, since lessons I have only hit under 100 once (and had some bad three figure scores). It is July 3rd and I am very close to putting the clubs away for the season, I have absolutely no confidence in my new swing and I have tried to get back to my old swing which have some how merged and created a huge mess. Thx

Tour Rookie PingMan is on a distinguished road
    My contact info is:

Pro Shop - (613)746-4653
    Lesson Line - (613)558-6221
    E-Mail - under_par@rogers.com

Lessons are $75.00 (45 min.)

Cheers,
    Marc
    A golf swing is an individual expression of timing and rhythm unique to that individual.

Thread Information