CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marc Levac

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Thumbs up Marc Levac

I had my first lesson with Marc Levac (Pingman) last night at La Mer Bleue Driving Range in the East end. I wasn't sure if his teaching style would be a good fit for me but I thought I'd take a chance.

In the last month I had been seeing my drives go right - left - right - left. I couldn't stand it any more as my playing partners would be hitting their high draws. So a lesson was in order to correct my swing flaw(s).
    Choosing Marc was a matter of convenience for me as well his reputation as an accomplished instructor.

He looked at me hit my 7 iron and for the most part like what he saw and added some remedies to my club position at the top.. vola.. a straight and lower ball flight.. but he hasn't seen me hit my drives yet...hehe

My first drive was a big old slice.
    Without being too technical (which I'd be ok with too) he coached me on where I should feel my club at the top of my swing and when/how I should be turning over the club head. These simple yet effective tips had me hitting it staright again and with confidence. I wasn't hitting a high draw but I can see I'm on my way.
    What he had me do over those last 50 balls made a vast improvement in the direction of my drives. So simple and effective. Money well spent!!

Would I go again to Marc... I have booked two more lessons.

Do your troubled swing a favour and book an appointment with Marc. His experience and instruction will dramitically improve your game.

Now I know why Flagstick rated him so high.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Cool, thanks Chris. What's his fee?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I have been taking lessons from Marc at Mer Bleu and Bugsy is planning to next week! I like his style and his patience. With a duffer like me he doesn't get too technical, just tells me in plain terms what I need to do (and damned it was alot!) It has screwed up my scoring game, but I feel like I am hitting the ball much more solidly and when well struck, it goes where I want it to!

More lessons to come...

By the way, for those that do not know, his handle is Pingman on the forum here. Great guy
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    He has various prices. Call Mer Bleue and they will put you in contact with him.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Lol...Chris, I was there in the afternoon and much the same. 6 iron and not 7, but after about 10 minutes, just grooving the irons again.

Marc is an EXCELLENT teacher and very easy to understand and benefit from.

Hybrid Drive4show is on a distinguished road Drive4show's Avatar
    still no idea on his prices??
    Forget your opponents; always play against par. And if that does not work, carry an eraser.

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4show View Post
    still no idea on his prices??
    Send him a PM... (Pingman)

Tour Rookie PingMan is on a distinguished road
    PM sent to drive4show.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    He has various prices. Call Mer Bleue and they will put you in contact with him.
    Hopefully Indio got a really, really good deal because the lessons aren't working.........

I must stress though that this is in no way, shape or form the Instructors fault, Indio's LOFT issue is bigger than any one man can ever hope to tackle

AJP007

Marc levac

I worked with Marc at GT and Mer Blue. I have used a few instructors over the past 2 years and I will not even consider anyone else. He is, in my opinion, truly one of the best in his field. And he's a heck of a nice guy. I recommend him highly.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Hopefully Indio got a really, really good deal because the lessons aren't working.........

I must stress though that this is in no way, shape or form the Instructors fault, Indio's LOFT issue is bigger than any one man can ever hope to tackle
    And just to help those that may not know LOFT equals Lack of F... Talent (insert appropriate wording for the word beginning with the letter F)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    And just to educate those that may not know LOFT equals Lack of F... Talent.....
    Gee thanks for pointing that out to everyone Michael!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Gee thanks for pointing that out to everyone Michael!
    My pleasure

Arrt
    cool

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have taken 2 lessons to date with Marc and I am very happy with the progress that I have made considering I have had little time to practice what he wants me to work on. He has a simply approach to the game and will not bombard you the first lesson. I am now hitting my irons more solidly than ever when I make good contact and I also can figure out what I did not do well when I do not hit a solid shot.

There is no doubt that such "tweaks" to ones swing take time to take hold but I can already see the benefits of Marc's observations and his teaching technique. His expalanations of what your swing is doing is important seeing that a certain shot like a pull can have more than one cause!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

AJP007
    ANOTHER EXAMPLE WHY YOU NEED A GOLF PRO / LESSONS from time to time.

I've been playing some of my best golf of the season and over the past 3 days I couldn't hit anything without being in trouble (at best) and slicing/hooking (at worst). I had no confidence. I was bummed out and after hitting many, many, many balls trying to figure out the issue(s) I turned to Marc Levac.

I scheduled with Marc and within 15 minutes he had me hitting crisp balls again. He diagnosed the issue very quickly and got me re-focused on my particular swing executions. After the 45 minute session I was pumped and full of confidence again. I saw progress and I can see results and the potential with practice.

We will all go through what I went through.

That's why lessons with the right Golf Pro is so important. I can't say enough about Marc Levac. I talk to a lot of pros and good golfers. But I trust no one with my swing other than Marc.

Anyways...enough of my ramblings but check him out if you're looking to improve your game.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Marc can also show you how to go yard on the ball diamond as well...lol

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP007 View Post
    ANOTHER EXAMPLE WHY YOU NEED A GOLF PRO / LESSONS from time to time.

I've been playing some of my best golf of the season and over the past 3 days I couldn't hit anything without being in trouble (at best) and slicing/hooking (at worst). I had no confidence. I was bummed out and after hitting many, many, many balls trying to figure out the issue(s) I turned to Marc Levac.

I scheduled with Marc and within 15 minutes he had me hitting crisp balls again. He diagnosed the issue very quickly and got me re-focused on my particular swing executions. After the 45 minute session I was pumped and full of confidence again. I saw progress and I can see results and the potential with practice.

We will all go through what I went through.

That's why lessons with the right Golf Pro is so important. I can't say enough about Marc Levac. I talk to a lot of pros and good golfers. But I trust no one with my swing other than Marc.

Anyways...enough of my ramblings but check him out if you're looking to improve your game.
    I could not agree more, I signed up for a 3 pack of lessons with Marc and I quickly extended that to 5 lessons once I determined the worth of his teaching. He is a quick study and explains why certain things are happening.with my swing. By focusing on my swing's little miscues and identifying the result for me in my ball flight I can see a bad habit creeping in I know what I have to do to fix it when he is not around.

I am sending 2 friends to see Marc and I encourage anyone who is thinking of taking lessons to do the same.

Luc
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

OK, so now I have taken 4 lessons from Marc and before starting them I was down to 13.2 HC. The swing changes ballooned the index to 14.6 and then has been dropping steadily. I have seen constant progress and my ball striking has improved 100% which is why I went to see him. My irons are crisp and consistent and my distance has not suffered, in fact I think I am 1 club longer. I think the greatest piece of advice from Marc was to commit to the new swing every time and if I thin it or chunk it to keep at it and not revert back to the old swing. Well now I am down to 12hc and my fellow playing partners have also remarked on the change. Marc is excellent and I will be continuing going for lessons over the winter with him.
    Lefty Lucas

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have been playing golf this year with leftylucas and I can say that Luc is hitting his irons cleaner and longer than he was before he starting taking lessons. We used to hit the same iron the same distance, now he needs to take 1 less club. I am hitting 8 iron, luc is hitting a 9 iron.

Except Bogey still KMA every time!!
    Lefty Lucas

Pitching Wedge explore is on a distinguished road explore's Avatar
    Hi can someone direct me to Marc please pm me
    thanks

I will
    Lefty Lucas

sent you a PM with his phone number.

Hi thanks I email Marc but I don't know him and never heard of him can anyone tell me what he does who he is and stuff like that
    sorry for my ignorance

AJP007
    There is this thing on your keyboard that all allows you to scroll up or down.
    Alternatively you can also use your mouse to scroll up or down.
    By reading the comments prior to yours you will find the answers you seek.
    Its quite a new concept but it works.

Guy i know hes an instructor
    to be clear i wanted to know more about him his history is that better

I dont know much of his history but I am sure he will fill you in if you ask him (you have his number I beleive) but his approach is well documented in this post so go ahead and explore, sorry, I could not resist.
    Lefty Lucas

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I met Marc years ago when he was an instructor at the OAC winter golf school(before GT). Nothing but good things to say about Marc.

http://www.flagstick.com/readerschoice_2008winners.htm

Thanks for the info guys sent an email and he replied. I'm just waiting on more info

Thread Information