+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost ball?

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road

Lost ball?

Ok, here is a situation that arose during a round and I dont really know the rule.

Playing a 2 man scramble and the twosome we were playing against...friends...hit their tee shots on a tight par four. First ball is unfindable and OB. Second they saw where it entered the trees but when they got there the area was very soggy and the ball inevitably plugged out of sight.

What is the ruling? Back to the tee? Group behind was getting to the deck. So should they then, for the betterment of pace of play, take a drop? Penalty?

On a side note, I was thinking about some funny stuff and wondered what the rulings would be....

First, you hit your drive and the ball cracks in two. Where do you play your second shot from?

And second, my buddy told me he one time drove a ball through the face of his driver and the ball was stuck in the clubhead. How would you rule that? lol

Thanks.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Munro View Post
    Ok, here is a situation that arose during a round and I dont really know the rule.

Playing a 2 man scramble and the twosome we were playing against...friends...hit their tee shots on a tight par four. First ball is unfindable and OB. Second they saw where it entered the trees but when they got there the area was very soggy and the ball inevitably plugged out of sight.

What is the ruling? Back to the tee? Group behind was getting to the deck. So should they then, for the betterment of pace of play, take a drop? Penalty?
    According to the Rules of Golf, it is a lost ball so you would go back to the tee BUT...

...a 2-man scramble is not really played under the Rules of Golf, so do whatever you think is best.

Thread Information