100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honest Feedback

arcaign

Honest Feedback

Hello Gentlemen

I was hoping to get some honest feedback from you. First off please let me say that this is in no way a marketing strategy or anything of the such, so please don't think that.

Myself and a friend have started our own golf shirt line called Stiff Shaft Golf... I know what you're thinking, we wanted a name that people would remember. We feel that golf attire can use a little modern feel to it and as such, we have decided to put a spin on things that are a little different.

We have received very positive responses from family and friends, but we feel that there might be a slight bias there, so we are looking for honest feedback from the general public to let us know if we are on the right track.

If you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at the sketches and letting us know your thoughts, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank for your help guys
    Attached Images

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I really like the blue and black ones (bottom left). The rest of the designs I find that I'd only wear on the golf course. That may be your target, but making them more off-the-course friendly wouldn't hurt!

Good luck!

PS- I love the name. I'm ridiculously immature though.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaign View Post
    Hello Gentlemen

I was hoping to get some honest feedback from you. First off please let me say that this is in no way a marketing strategy or anything of the such, so please don't think that.

Myself and a friend have started our own golf shirt line called Stiff Shaft Golf... I know what you're thinking, we wanted a name that people would remember. We feel that golf attire can use a little modern feel to it and as such, we have decided to put a spin on things that are a little different.

We have received very positive responses from family and friends, but we feel that there might be a slight bias there, so we are looking for honest feedback from the general public to let us know if we are on the right track.

If you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at the sketches and letting us know your thoughts, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank for your help guys
    Nice work.

The only thing I would change is the sleeve style. IMO hemmed sleeves look better, and fit better than the welted sleeves.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Husband View Post
    I really like the blue and black ones (bottom left). The rest of the designs I find that I'd only wear on the golf course. That may be your target, but making them more off-the-course friendly wouldn't hurt!
    Good luck!
    PS- I love the name. I'm ridiculously immature though.
    Same here but without the immature

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Personally, the design and look look good to me, however my problem is with the end of the sleeve as well. I like it loose, especially on a golf shirt I hate it when it gets tight around the bicep.

Good luck I hope it takes off! I'll buy one and a hat too when they come out.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

arcaign
    Thank you very much guys... I agree with the sleeves and they are going to be hemmed, but this was the only shirt template we could find to get the designs out there.

Your feed back is very much appreciated.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    My one negative reaction is regarding the logo. There's just something about that golfer's silhouette that seems very cartoony to me. I like the idea of the logo, with the long horizontal part and then the golfer in the middle...the combination of height and width...but something about that silhouette just seems a bit 'amateurish'

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Good for you to try something different. There is a few new golf apparel company in Ontario and they are starting to get bigger.

I don't like logos in the back or front. Nike does put a little logo on the sleeve and I can live with that.

Sleeve color should be all the same ....

Nicest one might be the blue one... but in person could be different.

Good luck!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

9 Iron Hoss29 is on a distinguished road Hoss29's Avatar
    really like the black with white oval on the isde and long back design .... put me down for one of those for sure...I also prefer the hemmed sleeves

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I really like the Black with the curvy design on the back - I'd take one of those in black and in navy

..........hopefully you'll be making these in "Men" sizes like XXL

arcaign
    Thanks again fellas! Its very much appreciated.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I really like the Black with the curvy design on the back - I'd take one of those in black and in navy

..........hopefully you'll be making these in "Men" sizes like XXL
    Hey arcaign, could you make those 'curve designs' into bullseye targets?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The designs are great , the only thing i personally don't like are the large letters on some of the designs . A little more descreet would be my personal choice , but as i said the overall designs are real nice , Good luck gentlemen !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information