CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Seems too far, only 9 holes open, slow greens, not grown in yet, no range.

Maybe in a year or two, but it does not yet sound amazing to me.

Sand Wedge golfdude is on a distinguished road
    I played Smith's Falls Country club yesterday and will be playing Cedarhill today. I was considering offering an in depth observation on these courses as well but think I'll refrain from doing so.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
    I played Smith's Falls Country club yesterday and will be playing Cedarhill today. I was considering offering an in depth observation on these courses as well but think I'll refrain from doing so.
    Your original post does sound pretty much like a sales pitch and not a review. And not everyone on a forum like this will have the same opinion as you - does not mean you should give up so easily.

The course may very well turn out to be one of the nicest in the area, and as someone who likes to play at nice courses, I hope it is - we need more quality and less quantity in the area.

So if I understand correctly, someone is only allowed to state that they like a place but not allowed to elaborate in order to back up their statement. Personally I would rather read a detailed review than an opinion without content. So if this is what yoiu guys are all about, count me out. Sounds like most posts should be under the title "Trash Talk".

I also palyed a round at Le Sorcier and Eagle Creek last week. Again no review offered, not worth the effort to take the time to compose a meaningful post here. I have better things to do.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Sorry you are offended. Please understand that due to the anonymity of the internet, self promotion while posing as a happy customer happens frequently, and is against the forum rules. I am pleased to hear that this is not the case.

If you had 100 posts that were not like that, nobody would have wondered, but we have a new course and a new poster sounding more like a brochure than an opinion. I hope you can get past being offended and understand what transpired.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Not exactly a warm welcome for someone who took the time to post what was believed to be an informative post as a response to another posters inquiry about a golf course I played and liked. I'm a little confused as to what the purpose of this forum is, so for the time being, I'm reluctant to continue to offer too many opinions.

I hear ya, and again I apologize on behalf of the group. Once you have spent more time on the forum you will see how some things seem to jump out as prossible rules violations.

Anyway, this thread needs to return to the topic of Equinelle Golf Course.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Golfdude---I'll apologize for my hasty comment but word for word---co-incidence. This is really a great place to hang out at---they gave me a hard time a loooonnnnnggggg time ago
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Well, I drove through the development today and I have to say it looks pretty nice. Considering that it just opened, it certainly looks to be worth the price and I'm looking forward to playing it as soon as I get a chance.

I have to agree with golfdude that there is definitely nothing like it anywhere near Kemptville. I think people in the west end are a little spoiled with all those premium courses to choose from (Eagle Creek, The Marshes, Loch March, Kanata Lakes, etc). I'm as cheap or cheaper than anyone when it comes to paying for a round of golf, but if the quality is there then I would expect to pay a little more for it...

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, so I think we all agree that we should focus on the sport we're obviously all in love with.

I golfed at Cederhill today and must say that I wasn't really impressed. There are a lot of improvements required on this course to bring it up to modern standards.
    1-The greens are too hard, too small and too funky to really be enjoyed.
    2-The short hitters must have a hard time as I frequently found the red tee boxes just in front of the blue tee boxes I was playing from. There is a definite lack of appropriate tee box choices to accommodate every level of play
    3-The lack of drainage on the fairways is a big problem, especially this year. Puddles are very common so be prepared to pick up your ball to move it to dryer terrain.
    4-Pace of play was very good
    5- Service in the clubhouse as well as on the course was very good.
    6-The lack of a practice facility is a big negative in my books.
    7- The flow of traffic on the course is really bad. Imagine a tee box with a permanent snack bar on the left, a washroom on the right and traffic for 3 holes all crossing in front of your while you're trying to negotiate the perfect drive on a long par 4. There are a few holes where you feel like a lot is going on around you.

With all the golf courses to pick from, I would choose others over this one.

My game at the Smith's Falls Country club yesterday was very disappointing. Just another old tired golf course with little excitement or value. The ground crew was especially annoying with little respect for golfers. I'll pass on future games on this one as well.

Tomorrow I'm playing Whitetail in Eganville for the 1st time. I'm hoping it's worth the long drive. Tuesday I'm returning to Equinelle, you all know where I stand on this course so no need to say more on this one.
    Last edited by golfdude; 07-19-2009 at 09:23 PM.

golfdude, please start new threads to discuss other courses. This thread is on Equinelle.

Putter Ilovegolf is on a distinguished road

Love the new E-quinelle Course

I have now played 4 rounds of nine I only live 3 minutes away and love being able to go there hit some balls on a course that is not very busy and is a quality course. Can't wait for the other nine to open in September. The course is challenging but fair from the red tees (yes I am female golfer), I am tired of going to golf courses that think a lady golfer can hit 250 yards off the tee. I look forward to playing many more rounds, nine and eighteen.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegolf View Post
    I am tired of going to golf courses that think a lady golfer can hit 250 yards off the tee.
    There are MANY lady golfers in here that hit over 250! (Hacker, SillyWilly, Rezadue, XTOUR and the list goes on!!)

Welcome to the forum by the way
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    No way Hacker hits it 250.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    There are MANY lady golfers in here that hit over 250! (Hacker, SillyWilly, Rezadue, XTOUR and the list goes on!!)

Welcome to the forum by the way

And we also have some seniors who can't hit it as far as lady golfers (INDIO, McGoo, and the list goes on!!)
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    If it is that good I hope that ClubLinks picks it up in a couple of years rather than Stonebridge....... that would make up for the "south of the city club" they have been looking for....

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Sound just like a PR person Nothing like free advertising I guess we'll have to play to see if it's worth 50.00. If it's that good the next thing you know Club Link will be there AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Course update

I played Equinelle again earlier this week and have the following updates:

1- Their back 9 will be opening in September
    2- The practice green is being cut and is filling in quickly, thanks to the rain
    3- The practice range has been seeded and is showing signs of growth
    4-The chipping green with practice bunkers is almost ready to be used

In regards to the 9 holes that are already open, the fairways are in great shape. I'm told that they are planning on speeding up the greens to between 11 and 13. The overall design and condition of this course continues to impress me. Worth checking out.

I was there yesterday for a meeting and I must say I was impressed. I didn't get to play but it looks awesome!

They are now on the Featured Courses list.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I played it today, 9 holes x2 and here are my thoughts:

Overall, very nice layout - if I could compare it to any course I would say Stonebridge, in terms of the overall look and feel, however there are a number of differences.

Greens - the greens are generally a good size, in some cases well guarded and not that slow but roll very true for such a new course. They are also quite hard, considering the amount of rain we have had. that being said, it does allow for a lot of options hitting into them especially with a mid to long iron. Some you will have to run it up and this is where it differs from SB since you can't do much of that there. Some nice contours but not as crazy as some of the SB greens.

Fairways - well contoured and for the most part fairly wide. The course looks more intimidating than it is which doesn't mean it is easy you just need to know your way around it to know where to aim at. Fairways are hard and the ball rolls alot. This will be a tough course during a dry summer.

Bunkers - One word. Lots. There are a lot of bunkers on the course, though some are strangely placed and don't come into play.

Fescue - non existent. If they grew it here, it would make the course a lot tougher. I don't want to give them any ideas though.

Distance - we played the whites about 3100 yds for the front (6200 total). Nice mix of holes, you can hit a lot of drivers and use a lot of clubs in your bag. The back is 7200 and would be a beast.

Water - again, there is a fair bit on the front 9 - in play on 5 holes I think.

Conditions - overall quite good for a new course. A few patches here and there but nothing major. In 2-3 years it will fill in very nicely.

Cost $50 for 18 holes is quite good.

Distance - 30 minutes from Hunt Club and Prince of Wales.

Par 3's - 2 on the front, #3 and #8. #3 has some strangely placed bunkers 25 yds in front of the green that don't really come into play unless you chunk it or seriously misclub. #8 is a solid par 3 over water.

Par 4's - #1 #2 #5 #7 #9 - 1 is a bit intimidating but not as tough as it looks. over water (only 150 to clear from the white). 2 is a short par 4, 7 is a solid par 4 with lots of trouble around the green. 9 is a good close of the front, water all up the left and a tough approach to a well guarded, raised green.

Par 5's - one 510 ish, 3 shots, one 460 that can be reached in two. Both play into the wind or they did today.

Overall a very playable course that has a good variety of holes, solid conditions and I would go back again. If they speed up the greens, and if its windy, this thing could be a tough track.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Putter DCor is on a distinguished road DCor's Avatar
    Have a tee time booked on this course for Tues morn. No Rain, No Rain!
    I'm anxious to check it out. I'll jot down my thoughts afterwards.

Is it fairly flat, ie. easy walking?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep. very flat but well contoured. easy walking indeed.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I canned our Tues. morning T-time due to forecast.
    Re-booked for the heat of Thursday!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    played it yesterday and was very impressed! Service was great! Can't wait for the back 9 to open!

just FYI they only take cash or Credit card right now. no debit. atleast that's the way it was Yesterday.

Equinelle have just announced their membership pricing!!!!!!!

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
    Equinelle have just announced their membership pricing!!!!!!!
    On their website? I don't see anything - do you have more information?

Big Duffer

great course

I played it last week.. its a new course but when grown in it will be one of the best in the area.. clearly a lot of thought was put into this course. attention to detail.. great bunkers, risk reward shots.. try to carry too much water and you'll lose your ball.. carry 250 and you're in great shape.. you'll never hear 'FOUR' . you can barely see one hole from the next.. 5 sets of blocks on every hole.. if it remains a 60 bucks next year it's great value.. especially with emerald links and anderson charging what they charge..

Big Duffer

nice course

one last thought.. this is clearly a course where space wasn't an issue.. there are no holes where you have to hit a 7 iron to the corner and then another 7 iron to the green.. it's pure bomber.. as long as you can hit it.. the fairway will take it.. my kind of course.. play emerald last week.. 'a thinkers course'.. hit it 150 to the corner.. then do the same again.. not my style.. I hate having to hit an iron off the tee on a par 4

Called this morn was told the next 9 will be opened Friday Sept. 18th!!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Did anyone find any info regarding membership information?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Booked in for 9:30 Fri morning. Yah baby!

Thread Information