CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Not as severe as SB?? Do you remember the Par 3 #8? When I played the pin was bottom right and I had to chip from the back of the green, on to the severe down slope toward the water... Even SB doesn't have pins like that.

Don't remember now, but there were a couple of spots like that on the front. Haven't played the back.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I think the pins they have out now are their tournament pins. Can't tell you how pleased I was to shoot an 89, considering how difficult it was. I do love this course!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Not as severe as SB?? Do you remember the Par 3 #8?
    Well, yes that is a nasty green, but overall I found them less severe. Very fast and true.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    played the full 18 today and I must say, when this matures it is going be a heck of a course. I can say I found a lot of the bunkers today and putted great. The greens are rolling really nice for a first year course. The rough on the back is a little sparse but that will grow in. Holes #12 and 16 are two of the nicest holes in the area and the backdrop of orange and yellow trees made them very picturesque today. I would like to see them switch the 9's though, since the 10th tee is about 100 ft from the range and I think the 10th would make a better opening hole. Perhaps they will do this when it opens next year.

The one thing that does drive me nuts is the lack of yardard markers in the fairway. They have the little plates in the ground but you can't see them unless you are almost on top of them and it makes a number of tough tee shots without anything to aim at. I'd really like to see stakes in the ground at the normal spots.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Lob Wedge f499 is on a distinguished road
    Re: yardage markers

We've played the course twice since the opening of the back nine. Very nice layout, but tough to find yardage markers. During our second round, the marshall told us to look along the sides of the cart paths. The red, white and blue stakes are along the cart paths. Not obvious, since sometimes they are hidden by a mound. I replied to the marshall that they belong in the fairway.

Hopefully gps data will be available soon. My Blackberry Storm/GolfLogix could really help me.

F499

Quote Originally Posted by f499 View Post
    Re: yardage markers

We've played the course twice since the opening of the back nine. Very nice layout, but tough to find yardage markers. During our second round, the marshall told us to look along the sides of the cart paths. The red, white and blue stakes are along the cart paths. Not obvious, since sometimes they are hidden by a mound. I replied to the marshall that they belong in the fairway.

Hopefully gps data will be available soon. My Blackberry Storm/GolfLogix could really help me.

F499
    ya, I finally noticed some on 18. I agree, they belong in the fairway.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Played today for the first time. Cold and windy day - difficult conditions.

Front 9: great shape for a brand new course. Greens were slow I thought but rolled true.
    Back nine: as others have said, it needs to grow - personally, if I was the owner, it would not be open but that's me. Rough was patchy, fairway very thin and greens were spotty.

Layout is excellent. A few week holes IMO: #2, #5, #14 but otherwise very good. This will be an excellent track in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    Played today for the first time. Cold and windy day - difficult conditions.

Front 9: great shape for a brand new course. Greens were slow I thought but rolled true.
    Back nine: as others have said, it needs to grow - personally, if I was the owner, it would not be open but that's me. Rough was patchy, fairway very thin and greens were spotty.

Layout is excellent. A few week holes IMO: #2, #5, #14 but otherwise very good. This will be an excellent track in a year or two.
    I didn't find the greens slow at all, I thought there rolled at a nice speed. They were quite true. As for the back I found it very playable, except the rough which was patchy. I disagree on #2 and 5, on the short side for sure, but I enjoyed them. I actually find #18 weak since you can hit it over the bunkers on the right and play all the way up the cart path or even onto #10 if you like and stay well clear of the water on the left. Perhaps they will grow the rough on the right or put in some trees, etc. but right now it is not a tough finishing hole.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I didn't find the greens slow at all, I thought there rolled at a nice speed. They were quite true. As for the back I found it very playable, except the rough which was patchy. I disagree on #2 and 5, on the short side for sure, but I enjoyed them. I actually find #18 weak since you can hit it over the bunkers on the right and play all the way up the cart path or even onto #10 if you like and stay well clear of the water on the left. Perhaps they will grow the rough on the right or put in some trees, etc. but right now it is not a tough finishing hole.
    My problem with #2 and #5 is, while the fairways and greens are somewhat protected with bunkers, the holes are fairly simple and not very challenging. When you compare that to #1, #7, #9, #12, #15 and others, they are the weaker holes.

As for #18, when I played, the wind was up and in our face so bombing over the bunkers was not possible and the water was out of reach. But I agree, #18 needs to mature to make it a strong finishing hole. Right now, it's just okay.

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    Played the whole course today...overall a nice decent track. A little expensive for this time of year and the condition and the fact it is a brand new course. My group and I played from the back tee's (something silly like 7200) two of us managed a good score of 74 and 75 but we both found there was too much room for error off the tee. The front nine was in very nice shape with clean cut fairways and true greens...however the greens were quite a bit slower and shaggyer than expected. Clubhouse was non-exsistant; but who goes to a golfcourse to play the clubhouse ha...the back-nine has potential but probably shouldn't have opend this year.

Overall: This course will be worth the drive and money in a couple of years! I wish them the best of luck!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    They are very overpriced for this time of year. Would love to go back but I'm not paying that much in mid-October. Hitting the canadian tomorrow, $35 including cart.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    The course will be $40 next year with Executive Golf.

and its says in the EG website regular price is $70

Thread Information