100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar

equinelle golf course in Kemptville

I am just wonering if anyone knows more about this course beyond the limited information provided on their website:

http://www.equinelle.ca/golf.html

It says it opens in a couple weeks, yet there's no mention of rates, membership fees, etc.

It's 15-20 minutes from my house, and looks like it's going to be a great golf course. Anyone have any news? Is the July 1st opening date realistic?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I talked to them at the Golf Show. They just said they would open in July - not necessarily July 1st. And I think it will just be 9 holes this year

Some of the holes are finished and ready to play - others have just been seeded. They've been advertising in Flagstick, so I'm sure that it will open at some point this summer - but the exact timing is probably dependent on the weather.

Lob Wedge core1 is on a distinguished road
    If you go back to their site http://www.equinelle.ca/golf.html they have a timer up on th emain page now which counts down the days to the openning.

Putter dbrisson is on a distinguished road dbrisson's Avatar

Opening July 10.

Just spoke to them. The front 9 opens Friday. $30.00 for nine, $20 to replay. No twilight rates. Back 9 to open mid-September.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    $38 for nine holes? Egad. $55 total for 18 is ok, but $38 for nine is exorbitant.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    $38 for nine holes? Egad. $55 total for 18 is ok, but $38 for nine is exorbitant.

That's my reaction as well. I realize this is supposed to be a high-end golf course, but that seems to be a bit steep when you're trying to bring people out of the city to try a new course. If anything, you think they'd go the other way and offer a steep discount in order to establish a customer base.

Regardless, I'll wait and see what others thing before I head out that way. I look forward to people's opinions.

I'm interested to read reviews on it too... a few years ago we considered building in that development, but decided not to due to the distance between our workplaces and kemptville, and that the course wasn't going to be ready for four or five years at the time... Hope it turns out as was envisioned, it was an impressive plan. I think most folks will go for the $55 option.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Other premium courses in the region have similar rates. Shouldn't we at least check out the course first before deciding if the prices are fair or not?

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH View Post
    That's my reaction as well. I realize this is supposed to be a high-end golf course, but that seems to be a bit steep when you're trying to bring people out of the city to try a new course. If anything, you think they'd go the other way and offer a steep discount in order to establish a customer base.

Regardless, I'll wait and see what others thing before I head out that way. I look forward to people's opinions.
    Well, maybe that IS discounted. Would make sense if their normal rate would be around $70-80

I suppose you could consider that a discount.

My only thought is that you're only playing one set of nine holes, twice, for $55. Furthermore, given the economic times, I guess I expected a lower price in hopes of attracting people out of the city.

Maybe it's an absolute steal for $55 - which is possible. Maybe I'm really cheap - which is probable.

I guess when I consider that it is a Huxham design, the same guy who did La Maitre among many other courses, then the quality of the work should be outstanding. So perhaps $38 for nine is equitable.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Big Duffer
    it will be one of the top courses in ottawa.... 38 bucks is not bad at all.. I haven't played it but driven thru many times.. everything is immaculate.. bunkers, water, fairways and greens.. clear pride of ownership unlike many other local courses where they just open the gate and let you in. not for the hacker.. you'll lose a lot of balls...

Sounds impressive. I've been wanting to take a drive through (haven't done so since the winter).

Anyone have info on the "semi-private" aspect? I'm assuming that just means there will be memberships offered, and public welcome? At least for the beginning anyway?

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH View Post
    Sounds impressive. I've been wanting to take a drive through (haven't done so since the winter).

Anyone have info on the "semi-private" aspect? I'm assuming that just means there will be memberships offered, and public welcome? At least for the beginning anyway?

you got it.....

looks really nice. We have been thinking about building there as my GF lives in Merrickville 15min away and does not want to leave the area. Will get out early next week to see what it is like.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Here's some pics to whet your appetite...

http://www.flagstickgolfphotography....67557642_UX89n
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar

Booked

I'm booked for this saturday morning, playing 9 holes twice. I'm looking forward to it based on the designers.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Here's some pics to whet your appetite...

http://www.flagstickgolfphotography....67557642_UX89n
    My appetite has been whetted------I think maybe a few balls as well
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    How do you book a tee time there? I've called the number that's been mentioned on this thread, but all I got was voicemail...

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrisson View Post
    Just spoke to them. The front 9 opens Friday. $30.00 for nine, $20 to replay. No twilight rates. Back 9 to open mid-September.
    dbrisson is right with his prices . I phoned 4 times and 2 emails and received different prices .And lady working at the course said they were wrong and it is
    $ 30 for 9 and $20 for replay.
    This is the phone number i just called 613-258-2105

Sand Wedge golfdude is on a distinguished road

New Equinelle Golf Course WOW!!!!!

I have had the pleasure of playing 3 rounds at the new Equinelle golf course since it opened to the public on July 10th. I can honestly say that this course is by far the nicest design within a 50 km radius of Kemptville. The course designer considered every handicap by offering more tee boxes. The visuals are amazing!
    The average green depth is 35 yards and a width of around 30 yards allowing for lots of pin placements. I found the greens to be a bit slow (although rolled true) but I’m told they plan to speed them up. The greens are pleasantly receptive to pitch shots if you’re looking to stop the ball very quickly or have it spin back. These are fun greens as they have not been tricked up. It looked to me that these professionally (Huxham Golf Design) designed greens can be set up to run very fast all while remaining very playable.
    The condition of the fairways and greens are amazing, considering they only have 1 year growth. # 2 seems to be a bit behind but it won’t take long to catch up to the other 8 holes. The bunkers are in great shape and their placement was obviously given a lot of thought.
    Equinelle have set up a temporary club house hosting a front desk, an indoor sitting area, food services and an outdoor patio with a view of the golf course. The landscaping (trees, flowers, interlock stone etc...) around the building give it very clean permanent look. The picture of the proposed permanent club house can be viewed inside.
    The clubhouse and on the course staff are very professional. The greeting at the front desk was very pleasant, the food I purchased was good, the marshal was very helpful and the grounds maintenance staff stayed quiet and out of my way during my rounds.
    In regards to practicing, they are working on completing their driving range and it looks like a fall completion date for this. From what I could see, the driving range will have plenty of hitting areas and a chipping green with a bunker. Their practice green between the clubhouse and 1st tee has been seeded and is showing signs of growth so it should also be ready by fall.
    I can see this course hosting some serious tournaments in a couple of years once it’s in full gear. The design and conditions will surely pull in golfers from all directions. In the meantime, if you want to enjoy a round, they are only charging $30 for 9 and $50 for 18. I suspect the price will go up next year once the full 18 are open as the course justifies a much higher price. I have played a lot of courses in the Ottawa valley and this one is definitely one of the better ones to consider. I know I’ll be returning.
    Congrats to everyone at Equinelle, job very well done.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Sounds a lot like like mister golfdude (2 posts?) actually works at equinelle? The post just seems a little to "in-depth".

If the course is as nice as it sounds, good on them...

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Their new website .http://www.equinellegolf.ca/

Arrt
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Sounds a lot like like mister golfdude (2 posts?) actually works at equinelle? The post just seems a little to "in-depth".

Was thinking the same thing = /

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Sound just like a PR person Nothing like free advertising I guess we'll have to play to see if it's worth 50.00. If it's that good the next thing you know Club Link will be there AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    course looks nice from the pictures, but not a fan of them estimating a 5hr round. I am sure I will have to check it out when the 18 is open, really dislike playing 9holes twice.

thought the same thing, as if looking at their website, I would see the exact same statement... from the course designer!

2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar
    I drove around it last week, its nice but just another GrayHawk. Anyway good luck to them, just what we need another golf course with a empty parking lot after 3pm...................

Quote Originally Posted by joethepro66 View Post
    Anyway good luck to them, just what we need another golf course with a empty parking lot after 3pm...................
    With any luck maybe courses will be forced to lower the prices to attract more people to their courses, which would be a benefit to all!

Sand Wedge golfdude is on a distinguished road
    Pretty sad response to my post about Equinelle. I do not work at Equinelle nor am I trying to promote it. I'm a low handicap player with enough experience to able to offer an informative post. That was the intent. My post was a response to an inquiry about the course and did not deserve the accusations. I'm not impressed with this forum so far.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
    Pretty sad response to my post about Equinelle. I do not work at Equinelle nor am I trying to promote it. I'm a low handicap player with enough experience to able to offer an informative post. That was the intent. My post was a response to an inquiry about the course and did not deserve the accusations. I'm not impressed with this forum so far.
    It was not an attack on you, just an observation. I think you will find that this forum is a great place to keep it with what is going on in golf, both in general and locally.

Thread Information