CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heatly

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Hockey players (except joey juno) are idiots
    Next time I see Joey T I'll be sure to tell him how you feel
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Heater in Edmonton

How warm are Edmontonians going to be towards a guy who takes a month + to decide if he wants to go there? Do they still remember Pronger?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    i think at this point the issue with edmonton is as much about the actual trade as it is heatley's willingness to move. Murray's expectations have changed after having paid out 4 million to heatley. That's 4 million in dead cap space, so Murray now needs to not only get players in return for heatley, but needs to dump salary at the same time.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I heard that Edmonton had given Heatley till the end of the first week of July, has this changed?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Luc,

We are in the third week of July now (I know the weather feels like May or June, but it is July)
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    i think at this point the issue with edmonton is as much about the actual trade as it is heatley's willingness to move. Murray's expectations have changed after having paid out 4 million to heatley. That's 4 million in dead cap space, so Murray now needs to not only get players in return for heatley, but needs to dump salary at the same time.
    I'm not following you here Jon.

The 4 mil that Ottawa paid Heatley doesn't count as cap money per say. Who ever he plays for will have the full value of his cap number applied to their cap, not his cap number less 4 million - at least that is what I've read from a number of sources

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Huh

Dave, I wrote by the end of the first week which was July 5th. I heard on TSN the day after the draft that Edmonton had given him till the end of the week. We are past that date so either that deal is dead or another may be in the works.

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Luc,

We are in the third week of July now (I know the weather feels like May or June, but it is July)
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Nevertheless

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

The 4 mil that Ottawa paid Heatley doesn't count as cap money per say. Who ever he plays for will have the full value of his cap number applied to their cap, not his cap number less 4 million - at least that is what I've read from a number of sources
    Ottawa will still be looking for additional value now that this money has been paid out regardless of its implications of the cap.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Ottawa will still be looking for additional value now that this money has been paid out regardless of its implications of the cap.
    In a perfect world yes, but I believe that if Heatley agreed to the trade Ottawa would just settle for the original offer in a heartbeat and eat the 4 Mil to rid themselves of the cancer that is Heatley.....

Its a definite possibility especially that Kovalev is on the team. The other possibility is that Edmonton get greedy and offer up less. Murray would not hesitate to force Heatley to show at training camp and if he does not then he can be suspended without pay. If he does that then who would want him.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    trade heatly and spezza for hemsky
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Interesting. From what I have read, that 4 million is 4 of the 7.5 he is getting for this coming year, and is going to count against Ottawa's cap no matter where he plays. I don't think they care that much about the cash. I'll have to do some further research to clarify.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Interesting. From what I have read, that 4 million is 4 of the 7.5 he is getting for this coming year, and is going to count against Ottawa's cap no matter where he plays. I don't think they care that much about the cash. I'll have to do some further research to clarify.
    i totally think they care about the cash. $4m is not chump change. I would imagine the hit against the cap is prorated over the season, such that, if he gets traded before the season starts there is no cap hit (or whenever they start the clock ticking on the cap). Not sure when that is but seeing they don't get paid for the pre season or playoffs, it would make sense it is the start of the season.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    i totally think they care about the cash. $4m is not chump change. I would imagine the hit against the cap is prorated over the season, such that, if he gets traded before the season starts there is no cap hit (or whenever they start the clock ticking on the cap). Not sure when that is but seeing they don't get paid for the pre season or playoffs, it would make sense it is the start of the season.
    Melnyk is a Billionaire.........he needs some of his holdings to post a loss so that he can write down the profits from his other businesses - a $4 million isn't that much in his grand scheme

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Melnyk is a Billionaire.........he needs some of his holdings to post a loss so that he can write down the profits from his other businesses - a $4 million isn't that much in his grand scheme
    he didn't become a millionaire by throwing away $4M at a time....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Letting go of that 4 million is the best way to give his GM a chance at improving his team in order to bring him future wealth in the form of playoff revenues. Moaning over this 4 million is just shooting themselves in the foot. I'm beginning to have as little patience with Murray and co. as I have with Heatley. What a comedy of freakin' errors

"Under the terms of the new CBA, each team is required to spend a minimum amount on player salaries (the Lower Limit) but no more than a maximum amount (the Upper Limit). For the 2008-09 season, the Lower Limit is $40.7 million and the Upper Limit is $56.7 million. Each player's salary for the purpose of the salary cap (the player's cap figure) is calculated as the average salary he would earn over the life of his contract"
    - Taken from nhlscap.com

Heatley's cap number is 7.5 if the Sens trade him before the season then he counts as $0 towards his cap, if he plays 10 games with the team before being traded then the cap hit is prorated as 7.5million * (10/82) or approx 915K. Cap numbers are NOT based on the actual yearly salary of the player, but on the total contract value divided by the total term (average salary of the life of the contract).

Whoever get Heatley is only on the hook for 3.5 million of actual salary, but need to absorb the entire 7.5M cap hit (or whatever the prorated portion of that might be)

Last edited by Hacker; 07-17-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks for the clarification.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I was just playing with you. If you read your original post, it just says that Edmonton had given until the end of the week, and then you asked if it had changed. It just sounded funny when I read it, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Dave, I wrote by the end of the first week which was July 5th. I heard on TSN the day after the draft that Edmonton had given him till the end of the week. We are past that date so either that deal is dead or another may be in the works.

Luc
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

You are in my head Dave
    Lefty Lucas

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Why is it that we feel jilted when a player (in this case Heatly) has a wandering eye or doesn't want to play for us anymore?

I couldn't understand until I came across this

Adebayor, a soccer player at Arsenal recently, was courted by AC Milan (an Italian soccer powerhouse) remarked that he was flattered and felt like he was seduced by Beyonce. That left the jilted Arsenal fans fuming and vilifying him publicly.

So what am I saying?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    So what am I saying?
    You took the words right out of my mouth!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Yeah, seduced by Beyonce (Milan) but ended up in bed with Rita McNeil (Man City). And for that he left Arsenal (a solid Jennifer Aniston).

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Yeah, seduced by Beyonce (Milan) but ended up in bed with Rita McNeil (Man City). And for that he left Arsenal (a solid Jennifer Aniston).

No No I beg to differ. Its Jessica Alba not Rita Coolidge
    You must not be a City fan.

Ade, Tevez, Barry, Rogue, Robinho all top goal scorers are roped in by Jessica.
    Soon Terry.
    Where's CR7?
    Last edited by golfinteg; 07-24-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

In the case of Heatly he forgot that he has to 'dance with the lady that brung ya'

even if its Rita McNeil. Right ?

Pfft, city is a joke. They've got 10 strikers, and still no D or midfield. A really expensive non-contender.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    So are we saying Heatly is going to be traded to be a striker or a backup singer?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    I once heard the definition of bad luck is coming back in your next life as Rita McNeil's chair

A bunch of us were talking about Heatley after hockey last night and most agreed there is more than just him being unhappy with the coach. So the next question was who is messing with who's girlfriend/wife to suddenly get him to want to bolt?
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

That is the whole thing and hopefully it will come out, maybe someone on the team fooled around with his girl, that is more likely. The rumours of him & Spezza's fiancee are obviously false or Mr. Spezza would have "uninvited" him in a hurry.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    In the case of Heatly he forgot that he has to 'dance with the lady that brung ya'

even if its Rita McNeil. Right ?
    Now who's the Jezebel thats tempted/tempting our Heatley. Sharks, Flames?
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Thread Information