100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

US OPEN - Do you have the balls?

By balls I mean golf balls.

Everyone seems to be on tiger woods. I'm not!!!! Put your money where your mouth is boys!

Vegas has tiger 1.5:1 so I will wager anyone ONE sleeve of Wilson Staff Tour TX4 (for me) vs. a sleeve any ball over $50 a dozen (for you).

Lets go boys, lets see what you tiger loves got
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Is it Tiger Vs. No Tiger or Tiger Vs. a golfer of your choice?

If I get to pick Tiger, and you pick another golfer I will probably take that bet!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

nope, its tiger vs. the field. Im' just giving everyone the same odds vegas is putting out

if you lose you owe me a $8 sleve, and if you win you get a $12 sleeve 1.5:1
    willy

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Those odds are a little off in that case as what is the field size? 136 if so it should be 136:1?
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Everyone is as good as tiger???
    willy

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I have a good friend just like you silly, who loves to make proclamations that go against the grain, that go against convention. He does this all the time, to get under the skin of those around him, to get a rise out of them, and so every once in a while he is able to say 'I told you so'.

Ergo, if you make such predictions often enough, sooner or later you'll be right, it's just the way it works.

As for the field against Tiger, the smart bettor will always take the field. Tiger will, without doubt break Jack's record, but a career is judged over a lifetime, and taking a bet like this and drawing any sort of conclusion from it is both arbitrary and capricious.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I've never said I told you so to anyone

I make lots of bold statements and not all of them come true. I said malkin was better than crosby (i was right). I said fluery was the next roy (wrong). I said islanders would take hedman over tavres if they know whats good for them since he will be a much better player (lets see). I said Greg oden would be a flop and durant should go first (right).. the list goes on and on. I'm a gambler I see value in taking the field. Sure tiger could win, he is def a heavy fav to win but I'll take the field over one man any day.

As for passing jack, I would say tiger doesn't win a single major this year. He man pass him he may not but I personally don't see it. When I was younger I thought he would have 25 majors (search for the post if you want) but i see everyone else catching up now and if he does break the record it will be because he won so many early on

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I have a good friend just like you silly, who loves to make proclamations that go against the grain, that go against convention. He does this all the time, to get under the skin of those around him, to get a rise out of them, and so every once in a while he is able to say 'I told you so'.

Ergo, if you make such predictions often enough, sooner or later you'll be right, it's just the way it works.

As for the field against Tiger, the smart bettor will always take the field. Tiger will, without doubt break Jack's record, but a career is judged over a lifetime, and taking a bet like this and drawing any sort of conclusion from it is both arbitrary and capricious.
    willy

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Everyone is as good as tiger???
    Since Tiger started playing the pro tour, 'the field' wins majors at about a 70% clip. Tiger at 3:2 is a sucker's bet.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Since Tiger started playing the pro tour, 'the field' wins majors at about a 70% clip. Tiger at 3:2 is a sucker's bet.
    Indio and hacker both made that bet... indio twice LOL
    willy

I've never said I told you so to anyone
    Umm, until now, see below:

I make lots of bold statements and not all of them come true. I said malkin was better than crosby (i was right). I said fluery was the next roy (wrong). I said islanders would take hedman over tavres if they know whats good for them since he will be a much better player (lets see). I said Greg oden would be a flop and durant should go first (right).. the list goes on and on. I'm a gambler I see value in taking the field.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    case closed

I make lots of bold statements and not all of them come true. I said malkin was better than crosby (i was right).
    I beg to differ. Not a Crosby fan, but he's a better player game in, game out. Not as much raw talent, perhaps, but more valuable to a team as he's a much better all around player.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Umm, until now, see below:
    Yes but I never said it to the person I made the claim to I'm just giving you a detailed account of my predictions. If tigers loses the US OPEN you won't hear a peep out of me unless its to collect the golf balls you owe me (if you care to wager)
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I beg to differ. Not a Crosby fan, but he's a better player game in, game out. Not as much raw talent, perhaps, but more valuable to a team as he's a much better all around player.
    There was a strech when crosby was out and malkins points per game ALONE was higher than either crosby or ovechkin ever put up in the same number of consecutive games over their careers. I don't agree with you J, If I'm building my team around ONE player (for a non marketing stand point) I would go with malkin
    willy

Someone bet me!!!! Its just a sleeve of balls guys! lol
    willy

Yes but I never said it to the person I made the claim to I'm just giving you a detailed account of my predictions. If tigers loses the US OPEN you won't hear a peep out of me unless its to collect the golf balls you owe me (if you care to wager)
    Not me, it's a sucker's bet my good man.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

There was a strech when crosby was out and malkins points per game ALONE was higher than either crosby or ovechkin ever put up in the same number of consecutive games over their careers. I don't agree with you J, If I'm building my team around ONE player (for a non marketing stand point) I would go with malkin
    Ya, but it's not about stretches, it's about overall production, and doing it at the right time. It certainly didn't hurt that he had an increase in ice time and PP time with Crosby out. And while he's had a good playoffs, he's pulled a disappearing act at a number of key times. Anyway, my main point is that your prediction that Malkin would be better is far from being proved correct.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Back on topic please. This isn't the Sports Section.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I'll take that bet. Considering he won there in 2002, he's playing phenomenal golf right now, and this is one of the three most important events in the entire world to him, I like my chances.

Wanna make it a dozen balls? I'll put my ball (Callaway Tour-ix, or Srixon Z-Star X) up against your Staff TX4.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by lobwedge View Post
    i'll take that bet. Considering he won there in 2002, he's playing phenomenal golf right now, and this is one of the three most important events in the entire world to him, i like my chances.

wanna make it a dozen balls? I'll put my ball (callaway tour-ix, or srixon z-star x) up against your staff tx4.
    done!!
    willy

Is no one man enough?? its really a $8 bet lets go people, mpare takes more than that from anyone he plays with.
    willy

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    if he does break the record it will be because he won so many early on
    My god how do you do it Depe, that is just absolutely brilliant deduction
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Ummmm, no Silly, not twice.... the 2nd bet was about the Grand Slam.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Ummmm, no Silly, not twice.... the 2nd bet was about the Grand Slam.....
    Oh yes, my bad. you bet he would win all 4 majors.
    willy

Bump!
    willy

to anyone who wagered via this thread, PM or email... doesn't look like tiger is gonna pull this one out. I'll be back on Thursday to collect my winnings

anyone who bet a box of balls, feel free to get me the Callaway HX One Golf Balls 24pk, its only $2 (which i will gladly give you). Anyone who wagered sleeves, if they don't have the balls owed in sleeves, just get me anything of equal or slightly lesser value. its need a pleasure boys
    willy

Thread Information