100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Good News and Bad News

Well we went out for a liesurely round yesterday. I ended up shooting my best round ever---an 85---par on the last 6 holes--one on the front--45/40. The bad news---it was at Anderson Links When are they going to get their yardages right---you can spend half the time trying to figure out what yardage your playing from---some tees have cement plaques--others don't......and the RCGA slope/rating---there is no way that can be right 121/67.7 from the whites ?????

But all in all agreat afternoon with the guys
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Congrats on the game!
    I guess you can consider that even a bigger milestone as you dont even need the markers

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Good shootin Brian.How is the course.I hear a lot of negative feedback on the greens.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Good & Bad

Good for you. That is an easy course IF you keep it in the fairway and use your head. Last time I played I found some extra distance in my game but it only caused me trouble in the strategically placed hazards. Obviously that pre-season time down south is paying off.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Thanks guys---yes the down south helps Bruce as well as my new Heavenwood---damm I hit it off the deck farther than my 3wd off the tee Mark- they are getting ready to pave the driveway---the greens are very slow and bumpy---some of the tee boxes are just unreal---almost like bunker play--but thats because of the winter---they are working all over the place---it's just the little things like proper distance markers and normal little things that should be taken care of. The place was packed but there was a good flow---4 hrs 5 minutes. The clubhouse is supposed to open July 1 . I guess when all is finished it's going to be a good set-up.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    The course DOES have yardage markers, so the distance for your approach to the green should not be an issue. As I remember, all the par 3's have a yardage marker near the tee boxes somewhere that you can pace off from.

If you are talking about the hole yardages on the signage and scorecard, then I agree that they are often wrong - especially for the white tees. I believe the reason is that there are usually 4 tee boxes on each hole for 3 sets of tees, so the actual distances can vary by quite a bit each day.

I generally assume that the front tee box is the red yardage, the back tee box is the blue yardage and figure out the whites from there. Simply relying on the scorecard can be dangerous and frustrating.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Congrats on the great round Brian... you better slow doen of your not going to have any life goals left to accomplish
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information