100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar

GOALIE for EARLY morning (June 3) @ Kanata Rec Center

As the subject line says, I'm in need of a goalie for tomorrow morning, June 3, at KRC. We are on the ice at 6.30 AM... there's nothing worse than playing with just one goalie, so your attendance would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you can make it, or if you have any leads! Feel free to call my cell (below).

Sincerely,

Mike
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

My 10 year old son ended up playing net for me this morning... his first venture with the big boys. Did well, four goals against - I haven't see backchecking like I did this morning from a bunch of old farts since never. Good times.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    They were back checking because there was a 10 year old in nets you should bring him out more often
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    They were back checking because there was a 10 year old in nets you should bring him out more often
    Exactly!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    My 10 year old son ended up playing net for me this morning... his first venture with the big boys. Did well, four goals against - I haven't see backchecking like I did this morning from a bunch of old farts since never. Good times.
    Sweet!!

put indio in net, they will play like they never have before
    willy

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    put indio in net, they will play like they never have before
    It would be kind of funny, you wouldn't know if the "DING" was the puck ringing off the post, or Indio's knee. Might throw the other team off.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Sweet!!
    Thanks, dude was pretty pumped.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Thanks, dude was pretty pumped.
    I bet that you were pretty pumped too

I hope that I don't turn into one of "Those" hockey Dads but I know that the pride just drips off of me when my 8 year old scores a goal (which he did this past year in bunches..........Indio mocked the out of me too because every week I was ranting on facebook about how Quinn had a hat-trick or a 5-goal game)

Makes all of those 6:00 AM practices worth it eh..........

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I bet that you were pretty pumped too

I hope that I don't turn into one of "Those" hockey Dads but I know that the pride just drips off of me when my 8 year old scores a goal (which he did this past year in bunches..........Indio mocked the out of me too because every week I was ranting on facebook about how Quinn had a hat-trick or a 5-goal game)

Makes all of those 6:00 AM practices worth it eh..........
    what is it called a hat - trick?
    willy

what is it called a hat - trick?
    In both field hockey and ice hockey a hat trick is when a player scores three goals in a single game.
    If a member of the home team in ice hockey scores a hat trick, fans acknowledge it by throwing their own hats from the stands onto the ice (often causing a delay in play as the hats are removed from the playing area).
    The earliest account of a hat being awarded for scoring three goals is known to have occurred in Toronto when a local businessman, Sammy Taft, was approached by Chicago Black Hawks forward Alex Kaleta. According to legend, Kaleta entered Taft's shop to purchase a new hat but didn't have enough money. Taft arranged a deal with Kaleta stipulating that if Kaleta scored three goals as he played the Toronto Maple Leafs that night, he would give him a free hat. That night, on January 26, 1946, Kaleta scored four goals against the Maple Leafs and Taft made good on his offer.[7]
    While this account is credited by the Hockey Hall of Fame as the hat trick's origin in the NHL,[7] there exists a competing story in Guelph, Ontario. In the 1950s, the Guelph Biltmore Mad Hatters of the Ontario Hockey Association (OHA), who were then a farm team of the National Hockey League (NHL)'s New York Rangers, were sponsored by Guelph-based Biltmore Hats, a leading manufacturer of hats with North American dominance. The sponsor would award any Madhatters player who scored three goals in a game with a new fedora.[7]
    The hat trick, as it is known in its current form, with hats thrown from the stands onto the ice, is said to have begun among fans in the NHL around the 1970s.[7] Along similar lines, Florida Panthers fans celebrated goals (not just hat tricks) by throwing plastic rats onto the ice in 1996, which were then cleaned up by men dressed in Orkin exterminator outfits. The history of this goes back to an incident in December 1995, when Scott Mellanby scored what teammate John Vanbiesbrouck dubbed a "rat trick" after ridding the Panthers' locker room at Miami Arena of an unwanted rat with his stick on the same night he scored a pair of goals.[8] When Mellanby scored a hat trick in a later game some fans threw plastic rats on the ice, mimicking the octopus thrown by Detroit Red Wings fans, and the practice soon became universal for Panthers home goals. The NHL later responded by banning the throwing of objects onto the ice by fans at the cost of a penalty for the home team, but specifically allowed the traditional throwing of hats to continue. There appears to be some leeway with regards to what can be thrown onto the ice following a hat trick, as witnessed after the Nashville Predators' Paul Kariya scored a hat trick on April 18, 2006, when two catfish were thrown on the ice and no penalty was given.[citation needed]
    Former Blackhawk Bill Mosienko holds the NHL record for scoring the fastest hat trick,[citation needed] scoring 3 goals in 21 seconds against the New York Rangers on March 23, 1952.
    A natural hat trick is when a player scores three goals in succession, with no other players from either their own team, or the opposing team, scoring any goals in-between.
    On October 17, 2008, Zach Harrison of the Minnesota State University Mavericks recorded a shorthanded natural hat trick against the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. Harrison scored the three consecutive shorthanded goals over a span of 29:54. According to the Hockey Hall of Fame, they were not sure that this feat had ever been accomplished before, and have since put Harrison's stick on display at the Hockey Hall of Fame. However, C.J. Young of Harvard is believed to have accomplished a shorthanded natural hat trick in 1988 against Dartmouth.
    A player accomplishes a Gordie Howe hat trick by scoring a goal, getting an assist, and getting in a fight, all in the same game (though Howe himself only recorded two in his career). While this description has remained popular, it doesn't satisfy the conditions of a hat trick.
    Mario Lemieux once accomplished what was unofficially referred to as a "Mario Lemieux hat trick" in 1993, by receiving radiation treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma the day of the game, and then scoring a goal and an assist that night against the Philadelphia Flyers. He has also recorded a "5-goal hat trick" (or "ultimate hat trick", "quintella", "Texas Hat Trick", or "Lemieux Cycle") in which he scored in five possible game situations in one game, on 31 December 1988, against the New Jersey Devils. He scored on a powerplay, short handed, even strength, penalty shot, and an empty net goal. Calgary Flames star Jarome Iginla came close on 23 February 2003, against the Phoenix Coyotes: he scored on a powerplay, shorthanded, even strength and an empty net goal, but Mario Lemieux is the only player to score the "quintella" in NHL history.
    With the addition of the tie-breaking shootout in the NHL as of the 2005–06 season, a sixth possible scoring mode has likely been added, though goals scored in shootout scenarios do not count in a player's season goal or point totals.
    Jordan Staal became the youngest player to ever record a hat trick at 18 years and 153 days in Toronto on February 10, 2007.

Aren't ya glad ya asked??

FYI - Quinn had two 5 goal games this past year, which we have dubbed Quinn-tricks (Quintuple means 5)

Thread Information