CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Round one in the bag, and I currently sit in second place with 11 pts. Shot a 78 (+7) today with two doubles. Other than the leader at 15pts (74), I was the only other player to shot under 80 for the day. It was rough out there. Greens weren't holding, it got cold. Guy's games just weren't sharp today.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    Metcalfe finished up our try-outs yesterday. I think the 10th spot was 45 points. Our try-out rounds were last sunday (storm), Monday (rain), Wednesday (nice), Saturday (nice), Sunday (nice). Basically most of the guys tried to play the early rounds and got stuck with bad weather (last Sunday, Monday) and basically had to shoot the lights out on their 3rd round (we take top 2 rounds, which I think most do), so about half the field had lower overall scores then they normally would. I got lucky and played all my round late in the tryouts and made the team with 52 pionts (7th place I think). I am guessing most places (outside of the top courses where guys still shoot their handicapp in the pooring rain/cold, etc) ran into similar situations with scores being lower than normal do to some poor weather conditions last weekend.

We play at Maddawaska, not sure which group that is our who the other course is (too lazy to look it up on OVGA at the moment), but it should be fun. Good luck to everyone

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Round one in the bag, and I currently sit in second place with 11 pts. Shot a 78 (+7) today with two doubles.
    Do you guys use a different scoring method than the other clubs? Seems like your point total is way low compared to equivalent scores from other.

Just curious.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Do you guys use a different scoring method than the other clubs? Seems like your point total is way low compared to equivalent scores from other.

Just curious.
    We use -1 for double or worse, 0 for bogey, 1 for par, 2 for birdie, 3 for eagle.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    We use -1 for double or worse, 0 for bogey, 1 for par, 2 for birdie, 3 for eagle.
    Thats def. a diff system. Never heard of loosing points.. We had 1 for bogey, 2 par, 3 birdie, 4 eagle and 5 for double eagle.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    well we have had 2 rounds complete so far last weekend. Our system is best 3 rounds out of 5 and I predict its gonna take about 90 points to make the team! I shot a terrible first round and couldn't make the 2nd round so it looks like all of the pressure is going to be on the last 3 rounds. Lot of good players, so like i thought from the beginning, its gonna take a few 77's to make it.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm not realistically trying for our intersectional team, but I managed a solid 15 points on our front 9 at Renfrew on Saturday, a front nine 39 featuring a completely unnecessary triple on the 6th hole, but I followed the front up with a not so nice 48 on the back, capped off with a violent 10 on the 18th hole.
    Andrew

After the club owner decided to switch the 2nd round date from Sun to Sat a bunch of us went out last night to get our second round in. After one of the best ball striking rounds ever for me, I think I've secured my spot with a +1 72. My two round total of 28pts should safely get me on the team.

Now off to Tie the Knot!!!!!

After the club owner decided to switch the 2nd round date from Sun to Sat a bunch of us went out last night to get our second round in. After one of the best ball striking rounds ever for me, I think I've secured my spot with a +1 72. My two round total of 28pts should safely get me on the team.

Everything is coming up Millhouse-er-I mean Johnston! Nice score Geoff, thats a fairly high bar to set for your last round as a single man!
    Andrew

2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar
    Anyone from Renfrew GC? how are the scores looking there? What score makes the team this year, with a added bonus of you guys in A this year.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

WOOT!!!!

Nice shooting there mon ami

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Congratulations on the 72. Very nice. I have a question, though. If the 2nd round was moved from Sunday to Saturday, how was it that you were able to play mid-week instead. Don't all the contestants have to play on the same day?

Have a great wedding day and every day thereafter. After nearly 39 years of blissful marriage, I know that it can be done.

5 Iron Tbone is on a distinguished road Tbone's Avatar
    Played our first round of 2 today.Shot 82.Good for 27 points,9 points from the lead.Our course is in the best shape it has ever been for this time of year,hitting fairways is a must,rough is BRUTAL!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Greensmere finished its qualifying on Saturday with 59 points needed to make the 10th spot. I was fortunate enough to lead the way with 73 points and in spite of missing three 4' putts yesterday (not normally my Achilles heel) the 2 under 70 was a needed confidence builder.

Half the team is new from last year's with the addition of several new 20 somethings and appears quite strong from 1 thru 10.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Greensmere finished its qualifying on Saturday with 59 points needed to make the 10th spot. I was fortunate enough to lead the way with 73 points and in spite of missing three 4' putts yesterday (not normally my Achilles heel) the 2 under 70 was a needed confidence builder.

Half the team is new from last year's with the addition of several new 20 somethings and appears quite strong from 1 thru 10.
    Congrats on the outstanding showing

Lyle, is Adam your team's anchor?

Alright, I'm in. Now I'm looking for a caddy. No, you don't have to lug my bag around (just push it on a cart ).

I still owe a round to Fallys, my wonderful caddy from last year. And I'll offer up the same to anyone that would like to accompany me on my Intersectional journey this year.

Lyle, is Adam your team's anchor?
    Adam is no longer a member at Greensmere as he has joined the Hunt Club. Darren Forbes will be in the #1 spot.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Speaking of tryouts, we had our quals over the last few weeks. The team average is +2 and our alternates are both scratches. I am sure many of you know going from a 6 to a 4 to a 2 to a scratch could take years. I will set my goals and hope to make the team before I die.

On another note, the number 3 shot a 79 on his first round (not good) and followed it up with a 66 (unreal). Man there are some good golfers out here!

Nobody would like to caddy for me? I'll pay for a round at my course. I'd like to have a practice round with my caddy so they can see the layout and help in making good course management decisions.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Maybe I should come out and caddy for you. Oh darn you guys are playing our club. I could club you wrong all day.

Don't think it will happen. May caddy for one of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Maybe I should come out and caddy for you. Oh darn you guys are playing our club. I could club you wrong all day.

Now wouldn't that be underhanded and sneaky of you.......

Hope to see you there on that day Gerry.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post

6-point sweep last year and no Gerry on the Greensmere team for 09?
    Andrew

Got meself a caddy. Thanks justsomeguy for offering up your services. It will be a fun day.

Got meself a caddy. Thanks justsomeguy for offering up your services. It will be a fun day.
    Let's hope it's a fun 4.5 hours instead of a day.

What spot are you playing on your team?

Let's hope it's a fun 4.5 hours instead of a day.

What spot are you playing on your team?

I would be in the No. 1 spot, the good old team anchor. You, Lyle?

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by beefstuf View Post
    On another note, the number 3 shot a 79 on his first round (not good) and followed it up with a 66 (unreal). Man there are some good golfers out here!
    Haha, is that Lamber by any chance?? What a hack your club champion is, huh?

Bummer. Have led the qualifying for the last three years but can't quite secure that #1 playing spot. I'll be in the group in front of you and will try not to hold you guys up.

Congrats on achieving #1. BTW: It's good that Gerry won't be caddying for you as he is only a 66% caddie. He shows up, he keeps up but he sure doesn't ____ up.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Hey Lyle I represent that.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Geoff, see post #48.

Lyle, is this one of the "new 20-somethings" you speak of?

Thread Information